Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default L'Occitane Neroli discontined?

Is L'Occitane's L'Oranger Neroli discontined?

I couldn't find any for sale, on their US website, when I looked tonite. When I went to the retailer link on the BN review page (on the right hand side) it took me a site that said it's discontinued...

Jeez...I just this morning found out about the Burt's Bees Bay Rum being discontinued. Now this!?

Angry Re: L'Occitane Neroli discontined?

[rant]
    *faints*
    Now where are we supposed to look in search for another value priced neroli neroli juice? I liked orange flower hydrosol so much not only I drank diluted hydrosol as water, that I started putting it on my bedside table so that it emits this indolic(almost fecal) aura which somehow helps me sleep. I read Ayala's comment somewhere about using the absolute(in alcohol base I supposed) straight-up and was highly tempted. Perhaps it's time to carry this out now there is no more L'Occitane Neroli? It's a shame that the Canadian L'Occitane stores do not carry the full line, which excluded Neroli in the first place, now I guess I might just as well give up the idea to ask a friend to send it from the States.[/rant]

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: L'Occitane Neroli discontined?

Just visited a L'Occitane store yesterday.

Neroli is discontinued. Whatever inventory is left in the stores, will not be replenished once its all bought.

I think I'm going to be buying this week...

p.s. - the new Jean Paul Gaultier scent 'Fleur de Male' opens with a neroli BLAST that reminded me of L'Occitanes, but then it got all powdery and mushroom-cloud strong so that I had to scrub it off when I got home...

Can someone give me a wake up call, please ?
    This is my favourite orange flower scent ever, and I also thought it has it's fans? What a shame

DARNIT! You gotta be kidding me! Oh well, I'm gonna start hoarding another bottle when it pops up on eBay for a good price.

Wore FdM yesterday, and like L'Oranger Neroli, you just have to get over that cloud of sharp floral and it's smooth sailing all the way!

I love Neroli for its smooth balance, a bit spicy, a bit green, the notes meld together so seamlessly. At the same time I gotta love FdM for its all out overtness, right down to that sweet ambery musk at the end.
    Last edited by iMaverick; 20th May 2007 at 08:40 PM.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Funny enough, i was at a store yesterday too. I was told that because of popular demand, they will be bringing it back but it will take several months and that i should expect it by summer's end. The SA gave me a sample to tide me over til then. The sample she gave me said neroli edp is that the same as l'orange neroli edp?

We got 3 L'Occitane shops in and they are replete with Neroli edp (50ml).
    It's never been discontinued.

I visited L'Occitane last night and they had a bunch of it. I sampled a few sprays and it smelled a lot like very ripe, milky flowers. I was surprised. Is this what it is supposed to be like?
    You are not your perfume.

If you tried the square bottle with the dark juice inside, then yes it is! It's sorta like milky flowers on the drydown, but it's woodsy, floral, slightly green and spicy in the beginning with a balanced overall sweetness.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas V View Post
    I visited L'Occitane last night and they had a bunch of it. I sampled a few sprays and it smelled a lot like very ripe, milky flowers. I was surprised. Is this what it is supposed to be like?

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

The last time I was in New York I went to three L'Occitane shops. In two of them the SA's told me that it was still available but they did not have any. As I walked past (quite by accident the store near Union Square) I decided to go in and Woollaaaaa there it was on the shelf and plenty of it. I did not like it so I have moved it on to another noter.

Peace,

Otto