Code of Conduct

Exclamation New: Infusion d'Iris By Prada

August will see the release of the new fragrance from the italian fashion-house. As its name says, it's all about iris. It made me think of Prada Men fragrance, but with iris, and i liked it. It was delicate and elegant. Less powdery than the Hermès Hiris, more delicate than Dior Homme.
    And if you fall in love with the fragrance, you'll be overwhelmed by the very original body line....
    La Science des Rêves

Default Re: New: Infusion d'Iris By Prada

OOOh Iris ... Think me might likey!!

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    OOOh Iris ... Think me might likey!!
    Agree!!!
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Me too! :bounce:
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

I wonder if this might be a wider release of the Prada Iris from their exclusive line? I hope so - of the exclusives, it is the one I like the most, but it is only possible to buy the set of four. Which is so expensive I can't even remember how much it costs!

I have a bottle of the never-released Prada Sandalo Iris, which has a beautiful iris opening, but that eventually gets swamped by a very strong, warm sandalwood of the Samsara variety, but not sweet. I just don't know if the iris actually fades, or, as in virtually all iris fragrances, my nose stops smelling it properly after a while. A shame anyway, as the iris part really is special. This has moments where I feel it is very masculine, and moments where it is feminine. Either way I prefer it to regular Prada, which is just too sweet on me. (I must try the men's though!)

I have sampled the men's Prada and I really like it. It works well on a woman too. Prada Tendre is a favourite, so I'm anxiously awaiting this new release. Thanks for the heads up!
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Need me a big bottle, blind! Thanks for the info, though.

be aware of what you wish: 750 ml bottles will be available!
    La Science des Rêves

Darn it! Need to test prior to investing into 750ml (just like wine, right?), I was thinking more like 75-100ml. Bummer!

SQUEEE!

I've just embarked on a new iris love affair...this might just be the thing.

750ml?! That is more than a pint and a half! I think we will have to investigate doing a split....

Nutmeg, hi! When we were in Roja Dove, the SA told me I could buy one of the Pradas for £140, so I assume they sell them singly now? She certainly pointed to a two-bottle leather container, and said that would be £280.

Vanille, hello! I remember that you particularly liked the leather-based Prada exclusive, Cuir something-or-other... That one was a beauty too, as was the carnation one.

Yes, £140 for 30ml sounds like the sort of figure that, multiplied by four would cause my brain to temporarily shut down. Actually, even not multiplied by four is causing it a fair amount of stress. >Sigh<

Yes, Cuir Ambre (not a name I'd like to have to say if anyone asked me what I was wearing!). There was an Iris, an Carnation (Oeuillet or however you spell it) and...was it a Fleur d'Oranger?

And you had that amazing, exclusive Sandalwood Prada - I won't forget that one!

30ml seems even less good value - I don't remember any of them being in the Caron league for sillage/longevity. And the leather holder wasn't even particularly attractive. But that Cuir Ambre was lovely, as was the Carnation.

Sigh. Perhaps this Infusion will be simply wonderful?

I personnally liked it very much, just imagine Prada Homme with Iris...And they'll release candles, soaps, laundry water and writing paper with the same scent
    La Science des Rêves

Just thought I'd bump this up now that it's been released. I took part in the group buy with sniffr and I agree with the assessment that it is more similar to Prada Amber PH than it is to Prada Amber. I love it (I'm wearing it now) and I think it will be one that members here will really enjoy; if Dior Homme was a little heavy in hot weather because of the leather, this one seems like a good alternative. Definitely unisex; I'd say I find it even more interesting than Hiris, which hitherto was my favorite Iris Scent.
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 1st September 2007 at 11:48 PM.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

I think it will be launched in my country by the end of this month.
    I am very curious to this one!

I find this new one to be very pretty, but pale in comparison to ISM or Bois d'Iris.
    Nothing wrong with it- if you've not smelled the other two, then you'll love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Darn it! Need to test prior to investing into 750ml (just like wine, right?)
    If it's tasty you could drink it
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

I have been wearing it for three days in a row now and it reminds me quite a lot of L'Eau d'Hiver. Infusion d'Iris is slightly more floral but with a similar softness. Lasting power is surprisingly good.