Code of Conduct

Default A journey to Madagascar-another fab scent by our own Jazztweety

I recently commented to a fellow Basenoter that Annette/jazztweety’s perfumes are pretty much like living creatures with a mind and soul of their own. When I opened my cute 10 ml extrait bottle of Madagascar the first time, I was literally attacked by the notes and could not make out what the scent really was about! I have to draw a parallel to good wine like I did with Avicenna – if you happen to transport a bottle, you just have to let the juice settle down for a few days. And once it calms down and regains its balance, it’s pure delight.
    Madagascar, the island, is synonymous with spices, ylang-ylang and the world’s most sought-after Bourbon vanilla - and so is Madagascar the perfume. The journey starts with sweet, glowing mandarin foiled with peppery spices, warmed at once by the richness of Madgascar vanilla and the voluptuousness of the sweet, exotic and spicy flowers. Vanilla is indeed the queen here, all other notes complimenting and supporting her, but given its spicy character, you can forget all about cookie aromas. In the drydown, I was pleasantly surprised by a rather unique accord of clove-spiked and flowery vanilla. Depth and tenacity are secured by what I call the "Annette" accord: beeswax, sandalwood, opoponax and benzoin.
    In many ways, Madagascar recalls the sumptuousness of its bigger sister Avicenna. Call me partial to our own jazztweety’s creations (yes I am! ), but this has the right aura of opulence to claim its own place in her Opulental line.
    Since I have only the extrait, I would love to hear impressions of the EdP!
    Last edited by Lady_in_Black; 1st April 2007 at 06:09 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Default Re: A journey to Madagascar-another fab scent by our own Jazztweety

Where you go, I have to follow My Lady.....

Annette, beautiful and talented woman. You can almost smell her heart in her scents. Passionate and gentle at the same time.

And now she entrusted me with four versions of Madagascar.
    For my skin: the wrong time. Stress and grief are not the best judges.

But for my mind: maybe it was the best time. I rely at the moment completely on my instincts. Still, I cannot say which one I love most of the four.
    Torn between four lovers. And love it is.

For this time I will only express myself in the feelings this scent evokes.

Madagacar is a precious scent, woven in dreams and bedecked with the rich glow of red brocade.
    The fierce red of blood and passion.
    A dark warm night and the gentle yet demanding caress of the one you waited for.

If dreams could be like this fragrance I would never wake up again.

For a more restraint review you will have to wait, I'm afraid
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Sounds absolutely wonderful. I've been away for a while (work, vacation, and sundry other things) and I'm afraid I've missed the conversation about Jazztweety's scents. Could someone provide a link for me to catch up?

Many thanks
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Quote Originally Posted by mochi227 View Post
    Sounds absolutely wonderful. I've been away for a while (work, vacation, and sundry other things) and I'm afraid I've missed the conversation about Jazztweety's scents. Could someone provide a link for me to catch up?

Many thanks
    Here it is: http://community.basenotes.net/showt...light=avicenna

Enjoy! She is really worth it!!
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Post Thanks / Like

I have been testing these as well and I agree on the similarities between Avicenna and Madagascar. They are not the same, but they are definitely sisters. Madagascar is a little more earthy to my nose, but just as sumptuous. However, these scents are too complex to sum up after a single wearing!
    Mochi, if you'd like to try some out, just send a PM to Annette (Jazztweety) - she'll send a range of samples for a few euros plus post and packing. They're well worth exploring.