Code of Conduct

Default L'Air du Desert Marocain

I've been sampling Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain and I really love it. I'm curious if better noses/experienced fragrancephiles could tell me whether it's a warm or cool weather fragrance. I've always worn spicy/incensey perfumes in the winter but there is something about Desert Marocain that makes me question whether it could be worn in the summer. Any thoughts?

Default Re: L'Air du Desert Marocain

Oh for sure you could wear it in summer! I've never had a problem wearing spicy scents in summer. The really sweet ones are harder for me to deal with. When deciding what will be wear well in different temperatures, I go by the scent's dryness instead of note technicalities. If something is sweet and "moist", I feel enveloped in a cloud of steamy, syrupy, sillage. So a scent can be rich, spicy, and woody, but if it feels arid on me, bring on the summer heat. Fahrenheit is a good example of this.

Anyhow, I believe that L'Air is about as dry as it gets in perfumery. Completely fitting for summer. If all else fails, just wear it one day and see how it suits you in the heat.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Thanks LiveJazz! I will definitely try it in the summer, if I don't go through my sample before the hot weather begins--it's too beautiful to leave languishing in my drawer.

I second LiveJazz's opinion. In addition to Geir, L'Air is pretty much an all-year-round scent.