Code of Conduct

Smile stunning ad poster for Rousse by Serge Lutens

http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...se_Affiche.jpg

so different from Guerlain, Chanel, Dior and all the other ads, I love it!

Default Re: stunning ad poster for Rousse by Serge Lutens

mmmmm....the slender female back.... :bounce:

What magazines are these ads in ?
    -

I have no idea ZZtop but I already saw online a few Lutens ads for Borneo, Chene and Chergui and it was said to be from some cultural magazines.

this ad is the contemporary equivalent of the old Dior ads, when you 'd only see a faceless woman 's arm coming out of nowhere grabbing her perfume.
    the Rousse woman is mysteriously exotic, sexy but classy, definitely not over the top.

It's an interesting scent too. My husband has been using his tester, and after my initial reaction to it yesterday (Christmas in a bottle), I've found that it's just grown and grown on me. I'm beginning to think I should have bought that instead of Ambre Sultan, much as I like that one. Rousse is great on him, and it comes out more flowery on me. So we can both wear it, and enjoy it together. He really likes it, so I guess I'll be back in Tunbridge Wells next week...I thought Rousse could wait until Christmas (the perfect present for that time of year!).

I'm waffling.

Clemmie
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Cool Re: stunning ad poster for Rousse by Serge Lutens

...Yes indeed. The sensuous, gentle curve of a shapely woman's back never fails to get my attention.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

If you really take a good stare she looks anorexic...the idea, as a whole, is pretty though. I'm sure that's what you were getting at and I agree it's a nice marketing campaigne. (All the other models are anorexic too, so why am I complaining?)
    Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment.
    - Lao Tzu

rousse reminds me of the dragon fire gum I miss so terribly. I was tempted to shoot it into my mouth. only it's more like real cinnamon sticks: 'red hots' and woods.

Great poster but doesn't Rousse mean redhead? She looks decidedly brunette to me!

The poster would have been better if he'd chosen a big woman, of course, but then I'm disappointed there is any kind of poster at all. I thought SL didn't advertise his fragrances. Part of what I pay for is the mystique of the SL range. I don't want to see any adverts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    The poster would have been better if he'd chosen a big woman, of course, but then I'm disappointed there is any kind of poster at all. I thought SL didn't advertise his fragrances. Part of what I pay for is the mystique of the SL range. I don't want to see any adverts.
    as I mentioned above other perfumes like Borneo, Chene and Chergui were "advertised" too, they don 't advertise in regular fashion magazines, it 's always high end stuff or cultural magazines/sites such as this one, you ll never see Lutens ads in Allure mag LOL:

http://www.luxuryculture.com/materia.../00/00/0000863

there are books with his work as a photographer, he 's been responsible for Dior and Shiseido ad campaings, a 40 year experience that gave Shiseido an "image" and identity.
    "la femme blanche" is a famous Lutens artistic photograph series.
    Last edited by Jasmin de Grasse; 2nd April 2007 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmin de Grasse View Post
    they don 't advertise in regular fashion magazines, it 's always elitist cultural magazines such as this one:

there are books with his work as a photographer, he 's been responsible for Dior and Shiseido ad campaings, a 40 year experience that gave Shiseido an "image" and identity.
    "la femme blanche" is a famous Lutens artistic photograph series.
    I didn't know that - thanks for the information. So that's him! Never seen him before. I once searched for a picture of Christopher Sheldrake but couldn't find one. He's Mr Anonymous.
    Last edited by Sestra; 2nd April 2007 at 02:48 PM.

the Chergui Chene Borneo ads are online, a french site, I wish I could find it again...I ll post the link if I can find it.
    you only see the bottles for the Palais Royal Shiseido ads, no women or ...men lol

Maybe this question should be for the pronunciation thread, whenever that takes shape, but for now...how do you pronounce Shiseido? And also Chergui?

I mentioned Chergui to the lady on the perfume counter at Fenwicks in Tunbridge Wells (I wanted a sample), and she didn't believe there was such a perfume by Serge Lutens, so I spelled it out for her so she could look it up. But I felt such a plonker trying to say it!

Clemmie
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

as I mentioned above other perfumes like Borneo, Chene and Chergui were "advertised" too, they don 't advertise in regular fashion magazines, it 's always high end stuff or cultural magazines/sites such as this one, you ll never see Lutens ads in Allure mag LOL:

Weren't ads for Fleurs d'oranger (or something similar) plastered across subway/train stations in France/paris ?
    --------------------------------------
    Oh yea, it was Mandarine Mandarin whos ads were in a free paris metro magazine.
    Last edited by zztopp; 2nd April 2007 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    -

this ad is the contemporary equivalent of the old Dior ads...
    YES! Jasmin, you are right.
    And they were so beautiful.

Personal to zz - That was one of the things that P'd me off when someone (censored) shut down the forum (censored) and I lost access to those gorgeous avatars. Remember? Do you know where they came from?

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7 View Post
    Personal to zz - That was one of the things that P'd me off when someone (censored) shut down the forum (censored) and I lost access to those gorgeous avatars. Remember? Do you know where they came from?
    Ah yea, that was some incident eh pp7 ?
    I woke up one day and poof the board was gone (sort of like yesterday at basenotes actually) - except that one was no joke
    -

Sestra, Christopher Sheldrake's face can be seen here:

http://clovetwo.com/articles/story.asp?file=/2007/2/18/fashion/16415926&sec=fashion

I saved this link since it's the only pic I ever saw of Serge's "nose"!

And Jasmin, this is the link to the best collection of perfume ads online (French, indeed) and to Serge's ads:

http://www.parfumdepub.net/collection/index.html

The direct link doesn't work, but select "S" and scroll down to Serge Lutens!
    Ooops, Jasmin, I am sorry..I saw you posted the link already on a dedicated thread. Oh well, better twice than nothing
    Last edited by Lady_in_Black; 2nd April 2007 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Thank you Lady In Black. Sheldrake looks nothing like I wanted him to be, a pasty-faced boffin slightly hunched after too many years over the chemist's bench. He looks quite dashing and chic in that photo. Pah! Another dream gone.

The ads for Fumerie Turque, Borneo 1834, Chergui, and Helmut Lang 3 are intriguing, the last one especially beautiful. The bottle has slightly sloping shoulders with the light reflected in a striking way that makes it more sensuous than half-naked women draped about in poses. The ads with models are frankly risible, as fashionistas tend to be. The depiction of women as male glamour fantasies, a state to which I aspire not one jot, sells nothing to me. Though I have a high disposable income which allows me to buy these expensive bottles at will, as well as to love many of them, I am invisible to the industry. Just show me the liquid in the bottle, gentlemen, and I'll try to get my little head around it.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7 View Post
    YES! Jasmin, you are right.
    And they were so beautiful.
    Rene Gruau is the author of most (old) Dior ads, I love them so much for their simplicity, artistic substance and unparalleled class. to me they 're worth a million times more than the millions of dollars spent on celebrities to sell CHANEL Nį5 or the latest fruity supersweet floral by Guerlain.

www.rene-gruau.com
    Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Weren't ads for Fleurs d'oranger (or something similar) plastered across subway/train stations in France/paris ?
    Oh yea, it was Mandarine Mandarin whos ads were in a free paris metro magazine.
    I heard that too. as long as he keeps avoiding the cheapness of fashion magazines I think it 's great for him to do that, a lot of artists exhibit in the Metro or famous boulevards of Paris as a cultural statement even though it can be commercial. Lutens also contributed to an exhibition three years ago in his native town of Lille and another one two years ago in Singapore.
    Last edited by Jasmin de Grasse; 2nd April 2007 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I love the ad, but I think the photo of Mylene Farmer in that drop-dead-gorgeous red dress really sums up Rousse. A petite red-headed pixie scent if there ever was one.

"anorexic" model, "red-headed pixie scent" well that sounds interesting, and so do the notes, but my question is:

Is this something that you would wear in the summer or spring?

I'm looking for a new SL scent to buy and I cannot decide if I should get myself another bottle of Chergui or try this Rousse? Or get something totally different, I hope some has suggestions.

go for Rousse instead of Chergui, I ve been wearing for a few days now, it 's really the most innovative Lutens scent for a long time.
    It 's a lot more feminine too and not as gourmand, more refined and classy. don t expect a cookie cinnamon fragrance, Rousse is an anphrodisiac erotic cinnamon, very ladylike, both radiant and mysterious, I m really excited and thrilled over this new Lutens. it also got me a few compliments, I wouldn t get that with Chergui.

This ad is a "home-made" one(look at the the letters etc) , the visual for the fragrance doesn't have any woman on it, just cinnamon rolls....
    La Science des RÍves

Thumbs up Re: stunning ad poster for Rousse by Serge Lutens

Quote Originally Posted by MCocteau View Post
    This ad is a "home-made" one(look at the the letters etc) , the visual for the fragrance doesn't have any woman on it, just cinnamon rolls....
    are you suggesting it 's a fake? this ad has been on ebay for a while, it s been released as a postcard for some countries (Italy etc). I know Serge Lutens work very well, the font style (which you call "letters") seems right to me. Serge Lutens has already released different ads for the same perfume (Clair de Musc for instance). anyways I can 't fathom anyone doing a fake Lutens ad sold for less than $5 on ebay, who would do that?

but I ll try to have les salons du Palais Royal Shiseido confirm the authenticity of this ad
    Last edited by pierre obsidienne; 16th April 2007 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    'luxury is an esthetic wrath' Serge Lutens