Code of Conduct

Default What does Gucci Envy for men say about you?

I usually wear Gucci Envy for men for work and have had many positive reactions. But what does this scent really say about the person wearing it?

Post Re: What does Gucci Envy for men say about you?

Well, it basically says that you have a solid taste. Welcome to basenotes mate!

Default Re: What does Gucci Envy for men say about you?

What do you say about the scent you're wearing is the real question. A woman, a straight guy, and a gay guy could all wear Genvy, and it would say something different about each one, because it's the man that makes the scent, not the other way around.

When I wear it, I exude sexuality, good taste, and just a little bit of Narcissism.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

It say's they're a cheap bastard who likes to smell really good

It smells good but it also says safe and likes to fit in with the hoards of middle-American consumers.

For what its worth, Luca Turin has called Envy a "masterpiece".

I am not as enamored with it but I do think it smells good and gets compliments.
    -

"To be taken seriously."

Wow..I'm surprised by all these comments...I always thought it smelt cheap.

Envy was the first fragrance that I purchased after deciding to start my fragrance collection. At first I really liked it but now it just smells cheap, although still quite pleasant. After weeks of constantly changing my mind about it, I've finally ejected it from my 'official' wardrobe - its lousy longevity and sillage was the final nail in the coffin, for me. However, I'm still going to hold onto my bottle and use it for days when I really don't want to wear one of my favourite fragrances - call it an alternative to Axe/Lynx, if you wish.

"A cheap bastard who likes to smell really good" indeed...

I think it's clear that by wearing this particular scent you are saying yes to Gucci's recipe and clearly favor the color green. you probably shave and brush your teeth standing up. You'll give up your seat to a pregnant woman, quite a bit faster if she hasnt recognized you and you are the father.

Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo View Post
    you probably shave and brush your teeth standing up.
    And how do you shave and brush your teeth?

Personally, the longevity on me has been wonderful. In fact, it will last over 8 hours and I can still smell in it in my sleep.

I can't live without this fragrance and use it only on special occasions now.

It might also say "I am not obsessed with fragrances, my life doesnt revolve around fragrances, and I just want something which smells nice at a reasonable price to complement my dress wardrobe"
    -

What does Gucci Envy for men say about you?

It says, "You're putting me on!!!"

But seriously folks. I haven't worn this for a few months, but it sure is an interesting creation. I was looking at the notes in this one, trying to figure out which ones gave it its amazing character, but I think it's truly a combination of everything (as it should be). Perhaps the ginger stands out to me a little...I was originally thinking lime, but no lime note is listed.

While I find this one distinctive, it also tends to be linear and may be an "everyman's" formal/romantic scent, even for informal times, as opposed to an upper-crust scent. Still a good standby.

Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo View Post
    I think it's clear that by wearing this particular scent you are saying yes to Gucci's recipe and clearly favor the color green. you probably shave and brush your teeth standing up. You'll give up your seat to a pregnant woman, quite a bit faster if she hasnt recognized you and you are the father.
    Fred,
    How did you come up with the exact thing I was going to say??

All I can add is that you may, in fact, be a carbon-based life-form, and likely sentient. But it's possible that robots might choose to wear it, too.

All seriousness aside, I love this stuff, and thinking about it, I just might trot it out tonight.

Welcome!
    D
    Last edited by Cognoscento; 20th April 2007 at 10:42 PM.

Wink Re: What does Gucci Envy for men say about you?

envy makes me feel like a classy black gentleman, in which i am at times.envy isnt very exciting and very energetic, it smells good for sure. but when its time to shine i grab somethin else that stuns em and theres no tellin what they are thinkin. but there is a sexyness about it because sooo many women go out of their way to give compliments. as far as cheap smellin, lol nah envy is a retro throwback but keeps on pimpin.now thats a true player , gucci envy.
    come 2 the edge he said,they said we scared,come 2 the edge he said, they came,he pushed them and they flew.

tested envy a couple times. spicy incense meh..not my style. more for a relaxed romantic type setting, in my honest opinion. depends what type of person you are.

What does Envy say about me, when I wear it? The spiciness says I'm dangerous. Look, but don't touch or my wife will kill you. The warmth says, ay caramba, this guy can dance! The longevity says loyalty, fealty, dogged determination (yes, this one lasts on me, for a very long time) and lastly, the color says: careful, he bites!

Heheh ...

Actually, all it says is the wearer smells good, not like an unwashed body.
    De gustibus non est disputandum