Code of Conduct

Default Do you coordinate scents with your sweetie?

Granted, it is more than a bit pushy to tell someone else what to wear (not that that stops me, mind you), but some combinations are stunning and others are deeply regretable. Fortunately, my husband takes these suggestions with baffled indulgence.

I can report that the evening I wore a little too much Hermes Rouge, while he tried MP&G Centaure was never to be repeated. In fact on him, Centaure is never to be repeated. It turned into a camphor bomb. But last night he wore Mandragore, while I wore Caron's Poivre and it worked quite well.

Love to hear from more of you on this.

Default Re: Do you coordinate scents with your sweetie?

Am sweetie-less so cannot respond. Sigh.

My late Sweetie pretty much lived in Royal Copenhagen which I found most agreeable, and never gave a thought to how it might coordinate with my Classic of The Day. (read: Joy, Mitsouko, Jicky, L'Heure Bleue, Narcisse Noir, Bal a Versailles etc etc etc...)

But that was BBN (Before BaseNotes!! :bounce
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

No. I have enough trouble figuring out what I will wear. He's on his own.

Sometimes my sweetie coordinates with me. It has been happening more and more lately, as I am expecting, and certain scents strike me oddly. Because of this, he will ask "Is this OK for today?" or "Do you think ______ would bother you today?" Yesterday I wore Flower, and he picked out Azzaro Pure Lavender because "I thought it would go with what you were wearing."

Some combinations we have had have been very sexy, such as when I was wearing Dior Addict, and he wore Hanae Mori HM (both orientals). Others have been very well-coordinated, such as on our wedding day, when I wore With Love by Guerlain (not Hilary Duff) and he wore Kenneth Cole Black. (Both spicy/peppery)

Also, his everyday is Azzaro Pure Vetiver, and my everyday is Bvlgari Green Tea, which work well together.
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

Basenotes Institution

Since my boyfriend has noticed that I have a full on fragrance addiction now, he actually asks me what he should wear when we are going out together...I know I'm a pretty lucky guy.

So, yes, I do coordinate our scents - I do not like for us to wear the same scent simultaneously...yuck

Kotori, you & your sweeties "go to" scents are a nice combo!

Anyway, no, my sweetie and I don't. As of right now, our tastes are a wee bit different. I gave him M7 for Xmas and I think it's been too heavy for him at this stage in his life, but I think he'll grow into it. My faves on him have been By for Man Dolce Gabanna (his choice) and Eau de Issey Bleu (my choice). He's now wearing Versace Aqua and Bvlgari Blu. I tend to like orientals and spicy things that at times seem to be too heavy for his delicate nose, but now that we're going into spring, I'm heading into almonds, honey, musks and some white florals and he seems to like those more. My current fave, which I'm head over heels in love with, is Gaultier 2. I am going to give him a sample, see if he likes it. Then maybe one day we will coordinate
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Blog Entries

I wish I had a sweetie to coordinate with!!!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

By "sweetie" if you mean my Pug he's content to smell the same most days -- a little like dog kibble.
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger.
    There is really nothing to be said about it.
    It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.

--W. Somerset Maugham

My Wardrobe

[QUOTE=mochi227;1006171]Kotori, you & your sweeties "go to" scents are a nice combo!

Thanks!
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

My DH is a one-scent-at-a-time guy, so we don't coordinate at all. At present, he's completely swept away byTerre d'Hermès. And he is semi-anosmic, especially to MY scents. A perfume lover's nightmare
    I wish Goddess_Dreams would chime in. She and her DH often coordinate their scents!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker