Code of Conduct

Default Rose Absolu - A Kinder, Gentler Rose + Patchouli

Yves Rocher Rose Absolu is a fantastic rose fragrance, managing to be decidedly floral, a little warm and woody, and decadently sweet all at the same time. Usually a rose fragrance manages only one or two of the three goals, but this one does it all. Best of all, it accomplishes this feat using PATCHOULI.

Anyone who knows me knows that woody roses are a HG for me, and rose + patchouli is a marriage made in heaven in my opinion. I'm always looking for variations on the theme. Many people have a hard time with this combination because patchouli is such an "in your face" note. I can finally recommend one that will please even the most sensitive nose.

Rose Absolue is scrumptious.
    With nowhere here near the heavy dollop of patchouli as in L'Artisan Parfumeur Voleur de Rose, and not even close to that of the sweeter, more feminine Le Parfums de Rosine Une Folie de Rose, this little beauty is almost ediby sweet.

Rose Absolu opens with a delicious cinnamon note and quickly reveals its base of vanilla-like tonka. Within this deliciousness rests a huge, fabulous blend of Turkish, Bulgarian, and Moroccan rose absolutes. This perfume is much more opulent than the other rose + patchouli fragrances mentioned. It is sweet, deep, rich, smooth, and dessert-like. Honeyed roses hold a hint of patchouli that never overcomes either the roses or the sweetness. It is only later that the patchouli issues forth, creeping delicately through the tonka, and making its presence known mainly because of its contribution to the lasting power of this fragrance, which is excellent.

So, if the beauty of rose + patchouli attracts you, but you have had little luck due to the strength, mustiness, or harshness of the patchouli, I say, "Look! I found one for you."

Blog Entries

Default Re: Rose Absolu - A Kinder, Gentler Rose + Patchouli

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7 View Post
    Yves Rocher Rose Absolu is a fantastic rose fragrance, managing to be decidedly floral, a little warm and woody, and decadently sweet all at the same time. Usually a rose fragrance manages only one or two of the three goals, but this one does it all. Best of all, it accomplishes this feat using PATCHOULI.

Anyone who knows me knows that woody roses are a HG for me, and rose + patchouli is a marriage made in heaven in my opinion. I'm always looking for variations on the theme. Many people have a hard time with this combination because patchouli is such an "in your face" note. I can finally recommend one that will please even the most sensitive nose.

Rose Absolue is scrumptious.
    With nowhere here near the heavy dollop of patchouli as in L'Artisan Parfumeur Voleur de Rose, and not even close to that of the sweeter, more feminine Le Parfums de Rosine Une Folie de Rose, this little beauty is almost ediby sweet.

Rose Absolu opens with a delicious cinnamon note and quickly reveals its base of vanilla-like tonka. Within this deliciousness rests a huge, fabulous blend of Turkish, Bulgarian, and Moroccan rose absolutes. This perfume is much more opulent than the other rose + patchouli fragrances mentioned. It is sweet, deep, rich, smooth, and dessert-like. Honeyed roses hold a hint of patchouli that never overcomes either the roses or the sweetness. It is only later that the patchouli issues forth, creeping delicately through the tonka, and making its presence known mainly because of its contribution to the lasting power of this fragrance, which is excellent.

So, if the beauty of rose + patchouli attracts you, but you have had little luck due to the strength, mustiness, or harshness of the patchouli, I say, "Look! I found one for you."
    All descriptions of this have led me to believe that it is the blatant reincarnation of my beloved Rose Ispahan by the same company. Maybe a little less boozy and candied, with a fresher rose twist in opening but my wonderful velvety plush rose beauty come back to me. I had no idea the base was patchouli but I am not unduly surprised as I love to wear this layered with L'Artisan's Voleur de Roses. It blends so seamlessly that I can believe that they are of the same scent family.

My only query is - does this new Rose Absolu have better longevity than my favourite candied rose?

I have yet to try it but, either way, I do hope that it is here to stay.

Did you know, Purplebird7, that they have this in parfum strength now?
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *