Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What scented products do you wish they'd release as perfumes?

I was using some Lush 'Tramp' shower gel this morning. Wow. Gorgeous green, earthy patchouli and oakmoss. (Surprising; Lush usually handles patchouli with a really heavy hand - I can't stand Karma, which really overdoes the elderly oranges note.) I got to thinking, while slathering on some NARS Body Glow monoi oil, which also smells fabulous - I wish there was a way I could smell like these lovely things all day. Which products do you think should be turned into perfumes?

Default Re: What scented products do you wish they'd release as perfumes?

The new Febreze?? Check this out: http://community.basenotes.net/showt...wpost&t=194861 :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Heh - I saw that! I suppose the terrifying consumer research thing explains why the fabric softeners I buy *never* smell of what the label says. (Lily of the valley, violets, anyone? It's such a shame when you get the lid off, and just get a blast of...fabric softener smell.)

That said, I do sometimes wear room sprays...the Diptyque Gardenia room spray is just gorgeous, and the Durance Cedre is also lovely. I'm now extremely ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeezeweasel View Post
    ...That said, I do sometimes wear room sprays...the Diptyque Gardenia room spray is just gorgeous, and the Durance Cedre is also lovely. I'm now extremely ashamed.
    Let us hold our heads up, Lady - I do the same thing with a CK linen spray! :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Annick Goutal Creme Spledide Body Cream.

Ooooh great topic! Mine is Crabtree and Evelyn Hand Therapy in Lavender. I know C&E have a Lavender perfume but it's nothing like the Hand Therapy - the hand cream version is powdery, light and clean, like a lavender crystal, without a hint of "grandmotherly" lavender. The Lavender perfume smells like, well, a grandma. They're completely different to my nose.

Also, nivea body moisturiser - the old formulation! Again, it's fresh and clean. Would love to wear the EDT (EDP might be a bit much!).

Edit: I just read the Chandler Burr article about the new Lavender Febreze and I think it articulates the difference I was trying to explain between the lavender I want and the lavender I most often smell - it's the difference between dead and dried, and vibrant and alive. I agree 100% with the article when it says now is a fantastic time for lavender - I can really feel the new incarnations of lavender having a huge resergence!
    Last edited by ozkat; 2nd April 2007 at 02:22 PM.

the discontinued IUNX candles (White Phlox, Nefle...) by composer Olivia Giaccobetti who has created scents like En Passant, Passage d 'Enfer, Premier Figuier...

I know one thing I like the smell of -- Ojon hair restorative. It's some kind of tropical nut(?) butter rendered in wooden containers. It's nutty, woody, smoky, and slightly burnt. Anybody else like it?
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Shower to Shower Body Powder - a very fresh fragrance that becomes ever so slightly spicy. I really love the scent.

Crabtree & Evelyn Jojoba Soaps - the ones shaped like seashells. They smell amazing to me. I want to crawl inside one.

The Method brand soap in SweetWater. It is yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat View Post
    I know one thing I like the smell of -- Ojon hair restorative. It's some kind of tropical nut(?) butter rendered in wooden containers. It's nutty, woody, smoky, and slightly burnt. Anybody else like it?
    OH F%#K YEAH!! I love that stuff so much!

I adore all the Ojon products I've tried. I'd use the conditioner as body lotion but it's really expensive. Also, the Ojon Conditioning Serum is the bomb. Each of the scents is slightly different, but I want all three scents as perfumes or scented body creams!!

A lot of people on MUA hate the scent, and some liken it to a wet ashtray. I think they're crazy, because it's one of the best scents I've ever tried. I use the restorative hair treatment twice a week.

I wish it was cheaper, though. A five-ounce tub of the Restorative costs $55 on Sephora, the Conditioning serum is frikkin' $24, and an 8-ounce tube of the conditioner is $22. OMG... I just noticed that they have a 34-OUNCE container of the conditioner and I'm saaaalivating. Unreal. I'll have to check qvc and see if their prices are any better.

Clarins firming double serum and Kerastaze leave in styling creme.

Arm & Hammer's Orchard Bloom Laundry Detergent! I L-O-V-E the smell of it!!!!

Most of the perfumed soap line from R&G. -i mean of the ones that don't already have one frag out, like say carnation, magnolia, gardenia, tea rose, almond blossom, lily of the valley, fern....

Nutella? ()
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

If Lush ever made a fragrance based on Silky Underwear dusting powder/Alkmar soap and one based on Honey I Washed the Kids soap...I would die a happy, and sweetly scented, girl. Those two scents would make amazing comfort scents!

Aveda Shampure

also, the smell of Albizia blossoms (blooming right now)
    and flowers of Beach Heliotrope trees

There is a Spanish brand air refreshener called Mi Casa & their
    Intense Vanilla scent is an STRANGELY addictive blend of vanilla &
    Band-Aids. I love it, I would definitely wear it as a bed-time scent

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424 View Post
    There is a Spanish brand air refreshener called Mi Casa & their
    Intense Vanilla scent is an STRANGELY addictive blend of vanilla &
    Band-Aids. I love it, I would definitely wear it as a bed-time scent
    HEE! I love the smell of Band-Aids, probably because I associate them with getting childhood hugs from my parents after I hurt myself. Plus they're just fun! I have some Spongebob ones that I keep at work (office) for when paper cuts strike Of course...on the ambulance we have a huge array of bandaging options, but I think we keep some band-aids in there too.

Remember being a little kid and getting into the box of band-aids and just covering yourself in about a dozen of them? HEE!

rue - from my garden.
    It is a great scent. I love the scent, color, and shape of rue leaf.
    I never see it incorporated into any products, even though there are references to it in (pre-modern) perfume recipes.

Same w/ sasaparilla, but there is sasaparilla hard candy.

Jam

Quote Originally Posted by linnea View Post
    HEE! I love the smell of Band-Aids, probably because I associate them with getting childhood hugs from my parents after I hurt myself. Plus they're just fun! I have some Spongebob ones that I keep at work (office) for when paper cuts strike Of course...on the ambulance we have a huge array of bandaging options, but I think we keep some band-aids in there too.

Remember being a little kid and getting into the box of band-aids and just covering yourself in about a dozen of them? HEE!
    My daughter is at that age (almost 4), she's dainty gal, even air seems to give her boo-boos. I salute the man who marries Prissy Rissie

Quote Originally Posted by musse View Post
    Nutella? ()
    I just got an 1/8 oz of Curated by Colette's BLESS.

Note in the description of Bless:
    (from boisdejasmin)
    There are two other fragrances that were featured as a part of the limited edition release for Colette. Design duo Désirée Heiss and Inès Kaag of Bless and Marc Buxton (the nose behind CdG Cologne, #2, #3 and Cartier Pasha) worked together to recreate the scents of Nutella, tea, shampoo, and spices of their childhood memories. The notes include: cardamom, cypress, ginger, geranium, thyme, maté absolute and a touch of “shortbread accord.”

I am not familiar w/ Nutella, but I have fallen in love w/ the nutty cardamom flavor and I feel truly blessed when wearing this.

Jam

Quote Originally Posted by cafelavena View Post
    If Lush ever made a fragrance based on Silky Underwear dusting powder/Alkmar soap and one based on Honey I Washed the Kids soap...I would die a happy, and sweetly scented, girl. Those two scents would make amazing comfort scents!
    They did release HIWTK and Silky Underwear as limited edition scents to members of the Lush international forum. From time to time someone sells them on eBay. I don't recall whether Alkmar has been done though.

I'd love to see BURN's Sugar Pine Balsam candle released as a fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by linnea View Post

Oh my God, I despise the smell of band-aids!! I actually hold my breath when I open the drawer that I keep them in. The thought of the smell almost makes me gag. Funny, huh?

Kentucky Fried Chicken
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by ozkat View Post
    Oh my God, I despise the smell of band-aids!! I actually hold my breath when I open the drawer that I keep them in. The thought of the smell almost makes me gag. Funny, huh?
    Oh no! Isn't that funny how scents can provoke such different reactions in people?

I'd give you some 4x4 gauze pads and some medical tape for the inadvertent scrapes, since the medical tape doesn't have much of a smell...although if you hate the smell of sticking plasters that much, I bet you already have some gauze and tape (or other improvised measures) should the need arise.

There is an Italian body line called Azzurra Paglieri, I wish that scent was available as a perfume!!!

That glue they let small kids use at school (or at least, they did when I was a kid which, let's face it, is a long time ago now!). It smells gorgeous, like almonds.

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    They did release HIWTK and Silky Underwear as limited edition scents to members of the Lush international forum. From time to time someone sells them on eBay. I don't recall whether Alkmar has been done though.
    :Makes a mad dash for ebay: Thanks!

Nivea bodylotion blue bottle; old formula; for me to Ozkat...I love that smell!!!

I wonder what notes are in it? Lilacs...? If anyone found a perfume that reminds of it; please do tell!

those erasers i used to have in school
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

I love this scent and here i thought i was the only one. to me it smells like what a gentleman's club would smell like (and no not the club where strippers dance but the country club gentleman's club) when i have it on my hair i can't stop sniffing it.

I have always thought of Lush as more of a perfume house than a skin care company, even though they only really sell a couple of perfumes. Some of the Lush things I wish were perfume:

Bathos
    Silky Underwear (neat to know they released at least a few)
    Jungle
    Reincarnate (though how you'd simulate the smell of rhassoul mud, I don't know)
    Lemslip
    Fever
    Sexy Peel
    The okra conditioner that they tragically discontinued

That said, I love Karma soap, and Karma Kream, and Karma shampoo bars, and Karma everything, but Karma perfume is kind of a letdown from the warm aesthetic perfection of the bath products. Maybe I should just be glad for the bath products.

Has anyone ever smelled Turkish black soap? Luckyscent sells a version - it's the texture and color of soft, sticky toffee and has a haunting, slightly bitter herbal smell that I can't get enough of. It smells a bit like Lush Ayesha facial mask. I'd totally wear it as perfume.

Also - Korean barley tea.

Basenotes Institution

Jasmine Mist Tea by Mighty Leaf Tea Co.

Nothing out in the fragrance world quite like it!

Thumbs up Re: What scented products do you wish they'd release as perfumes?

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Y View Post
    I have always thought of Lush as more of a perfume house than a skin care company, even though they only really sell a couple of perfumes. Some of the Lush things I wish were perfume:

Bathos
    Jungle
    Lemslip
    Fever
    Sexy Peel

I also totally love LUSH products. The Lady Godiva shampoo bar is beautiful Jasmine, Jasmine, Jasmine. Also Bathos, Amandapondo, Ooh La La and Gratuitous Violets.
    Really beautiful stuff.

Talking Re: What scented products do you wish they'd release as perfumes?

The smell of buttered popcorn! j/k

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Y View Post

Bathos
    Jungle
    Lemslip
    Fever
    Sexy Peel

That said, I love Karma soap, and Karma Kream, and Karma shampoo bars, and Karma everything, but Karma perfume is kind of a letdown from the warm aesthetic perfection of the bath products. Maybe I should just be glad for the bath products.

Has anyone ever smelled Turkish black soap? Luckyscent sells a version - it's the texture and color of soft, sticky toffee and has a haunting, slightly bitter herbal smell that I can't get enough of. It smells a bit like Lush Ayesha facial mask. I'd totally wear it as perfume.

I'd love the LUSH Retread hair conditioner as a fragrance. It's a fragrance in itself anyway. Slap that on your hair and it stays there for days...

I can't do Karma. I've tried it and something about it makes me feel ill. Shame really.

My daughter has always wanted a fragrance version of Dove soap - and we found it today. Madini oil - Henna.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Bain de Soleil orange tanning gel from the 70's smelled heavenly and the only scents that come close are JM French Lime Blossom and DG Feminine.

Algemarin bright blue bubblebath has a rosemary and sage vibe to it that I would love to find in a fragrance.

Lush's Sultana soap smells unique and lovely but they don't offer anything else in that fragrance.

and Cusson's Imperial Leather soap. I would love to find a fragrance that smells like that. They made one years ago but it's too hard to find.

Love and Light,
    Sheglows.

Basenotes Institution

I have a couple I wish to God they would release as perfume.

1. Clarins Body Shaping cream fragrance- I have loved this smell for yonks - I have actually written to Clarins ( back in the 'old days when all I had was pen and paper ) and emailed them about it and told Clarins SAs to pass it on ...
    My son loves this too- the smell takes him back to when he was little and Mommy slathered herself everywhere with this stuff - for fragrance reasons as well as for the actual reason behind the product.

2.Olay Vanilla Indulgence body soap - fab vanilla
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Avon series India - they were fantastic smelling hair products. Soft spice plus somethinmg else that I cannot identify but I wish there was such a fragrance.

I received a Morrocan Amber candle by Nest Fragrances at Christmas. It smells really yummy and reminds me of ginger biscuits. The box says it contains amber, patchouli, heliotrope, bergamot and eucalyptus. Unfortunately Nest Fragrances only make home fragrances. I would really like to find a perfume that smells like this candle.

Nuxe dry oil. I can't believe they haven't been bombarded with requests to make this a perfume. I can't remember what the notes are supposed to be apart from jasmine, chamomile and lemon but the smell is out of this world. To me it's the smell of a mediterranean summer and do I wear it as scent when it's hot. It makes me go cross eyed with bliss !

I'd love to see perfume versions of Dove's soap and the LDB body lotion. I love the clean and dry feel to Dove's soap (are there white lilys involved?) and the LDB scent always reminds me of being a child, playing dress up at my grandmothers make up table.

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux View Post
    Most of the perfumed soap line from R&G. -i mean of the ones that don't already have one frag out, like say carnation, magnolia, gardenia, tea rose, almond blossom, lily of the valley, fern....
    Yes! I would love a perfume version of the carnation soap, especially.

I agree! I love the scent of Ojon....and I would also love if they could turn Moroccan Hair Oil into a perfume cause I adore that scent.

I'm just crazy for the Peaceful Patchouli scent of Kiss My Face lotion, hand soap, deodorant. It's BEAUTIFUL!

I wish Soap and Glory made an EDP of their Girligo Body Mist. It's gorgeous! I own a bottle of the moisturiser but I never use it because a) it doesn't last the day, and b) it interferes with my actual perfumes. So, yes, Girligo EDP, please, if anybody from Soap and Glory happens upon this!

Foolish as it sounds, plain and affordable body spray 8x4 Wave for Men smells like a way improved, much greener and much more crisp, fresh version of Boss Bottled for Men, so of course its possible perfume version would be a treat for me

I always seem to fall in love with shampoo smells. My favorites are the old Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific which smells like a classic floral-chypre to me, Body on Tap, which smells a lot like hops; lush, earthy and green, and Clairol's original green Herbal Essences, another glorious green scent. I've read that Cacharel's Eau d'Eden is similar but I've yet to run across it. Pantene's new line smells wonderful and vaguely familiar. It must be inspired by a popular fragrance, but I just can't put my finger on it.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

CREED Cocktail de Pivoines Candle this smells so damn good , you have to sniff it sometime, that and pumpkin pie.

It's a cheapie but I'd be the first in line if they released it in a EDT form.
    Old Spice Matterhorn.
    Fruity fresh mint. The body spray I'm proud to own.

Nesti Dante "Dolce Vivare" Sardegna soap smells terrific and I would wear a
    scent that smells like this in a heartbeat.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

baby aspirin

Tiare Coconut Milk candle by Burn candles
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

I just started ordering Yves Rocher products. I used to buy on vacations and just Googled and found out it's available here and still a good buy. The deodorant, Hamamélis is fresh and lovely. It would be great as a perfume if it were stronger. As a deodorant, no conflict with my perfumes. I also bought Tradition de Hammam balm. It smells of neroli which I love. No orange, but a bit of chamomile as well. Would love this as a body spray. It's great as a lotion.

Basenotes Plus

Lush Cosmetic Lad Moisturiser - it smells like a Terry's Chocolate Orange.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Well, that Kinky Curly Curling Custard hair gel is the best vanilla I own, oddly. It is crazy sweet smelling at first but actually dries down as it dries, like a perfume, to a deep delicious vanilla. I am not sure I'd wear it as a perfume, but sure love the way it smells.
    I like the Ojon smell previously mentioned too, but just go sniff that at the beauty supply, my hair's not in bad shape so can't justify the expense.
    Body Shop's Moringa Shower Gel is beautiful - the body butter isn't as nice of a smell, I'd hope if they ever make a spray it's more like the body wash. Moringa must be orange blossom or something just like it, this body wash smells like orange blossom (not oranges) and honey, very light and gorgeous.

The smell of the box where I keep my perfumes I'd like to bottle, somehow the traces of all of those smells together with the wood makes me happy every time I open it. It seems like it would be a muddled mess of awful but no, it's great.

I'd really enjoy a Lee Stafford fragrance that smells like his hair products, unlike the pink fragrance and flankers.

Korres Juniper and Rum shower gel. Remarkably cool combination of spice, rum, and juniper wood. I would pay well for an EdT. Hell, I'd like to get more of the gel itself as I'm down to my last 1.5 bottles and it's discontinued.

Regards,
    T

My Wardrobe:
    Yves St. Laurent Live Jazz
    Comme des Garcons Vettiveru
    Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Comme des Garcons 2 Man

Hawaiian Tropic suntan lotion.

I wish they would release a perfume that smelled like the Dove brand shampoo and conditioner they sell in Italy. When I lived in Italy everyone used to tell me they loved my perfume, but I finally figured out it was the smell of my hair not my perfume that everyone loved!