Code of Conduct

Default Peach Perfume - Different Kinds of Peach

I'm a sucker for PEACH, in any way shape, or form.
    Over the past half-year, I've had the opportunity to smell quite a few, and have fallen in love with them.
    This list is a compilation of perfumes featuring the peach note--and the different characteristics of each peach (according to me, not necessarily universally true.)
    Please add more, I'm sure there are many others:

Chanal - Coco - Clear, golden, clove-spiced peach. Dominant notes are: peach, vanilla, clove. Sort of a "gold standard" for peach perfume. Ironically, Chanel doesn't officially list peach as a note! The SA told me it was orange and florals, but my nose tells me differently. This is an all-time favorite of mine.

Mauboussin - Overripe, sweet, vanilla, creamy peach. Dominant notes: peach, vanilla, patchouli. Like a glass of warm, syrupy peach cordial. Has a totally delicious, long-lasting, sweet, patchouli-scented vanilla base. (In a way, it reminds me of a mild Montale Patchouil Leaves plus an added note of fermented peach.) Gorgeous.

Guerlain - Mitsouko - Aromatic white peach, resinous wood. Dominant notes: peach, oakmoss, agarswood. Haunting, sad, old wood and peach, extremely memorable and nostalgic. Unique and classic fragrance.

Fendi Asja - Semi-sweet, spiced peach wine. Dominant notes: cinnamon, peach and raspberry. A winning combination of fruits, spicy with admirably restrained sweetness. Quite becoming.

Editions de Frederic Malle - Le Parfum de Therese - Peppery peach and melon. Dominant notes: peach, melon, violet. Elegant, stunning, breezy, airy. This perfume is "all heart" in tribute to love and in the strong nature of its middle notes.

Madini - Salma - Spicy, tangy peach using natural essenses in an oil-based parfum. Dominant notes: peach, Arabian spices. An ancient Saudi formula, not too sweet, tangy and well-rounded.

Narciso Rodriguez for Her - EDP - A bold, outstanding, imaginative peach. Dominant notes: rose, peach, vetiver. This weird little number is addictive to me. It is youthful and playful yet sophisticated.

Gucci - Rush - Odd, sexy, human-skin peach. Dominant notes: peach, musk, vanilla. There are supposed to be florals, such as gardenia and freesia, and woods such as vetiver and patchouli. I don't smell them. This is a highly diffusive, artificial peach that smells convincinly like human hair (oil and all) washed with peach shampoo.

Des Filles a la Vanille - Garcon Manque - Sweet, warm, young, candylike peach. Dominant notes: peach, musk, vanilla. Same as Rush, but different effect. This one is like peach bubblegum in a wonderful way.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Peach Perfume - Different Kinds of Peach

One of my faves, CK be, has peach in it. According to the basenotes directory...

Top Notes
    Bergamot, Juniper Berry, Mandarin, Mint, Lavender, White Musk.,

Middle Notes
    Light Spices, Magnolia, Peach, White Musk.,

Base Notes
    Sandalwood, Opoponax, Tonka Bean, White Musk

The first blast is a sparkling blend of fruity & floral notes, & quickly dries down to a base of clean musk. It's described as a "skin scent" that blends in with your chemistry. Clean for Men is also pretty similar, but I don't think it has any peach in it.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Purplebird, have you tried Eclat d'Arpege? I see you're not much into freshies, but this one has peach + lilac, you might like it

I love Mitsouko and le Parfum de Therese

there 's a peach note in Diorella too; citrus, peach, hedionic jasmine, oakmoss, vetiver

Des Filles à la Vanille Garçon Manqué
    rose, white musk, jasmine, cedar wood, peach, vanilla

Keiko Mecheri Peau de Pêche EDP
    white peach, orris powder, sandalwood, amber wood

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7 View Post
    I'm a sucker for PEACH, in any way shape, or form.
    Over the past half-year, I've had the opportunity to smell quite a few, and have fallen in love with them.
    This list is a compilation of perfumes featuring the peach note--and the different characteristics of each peach (according to me, not necessarily universally true.)
    Please add more, I'm sure there are many others:

Chanal - Coco - Clear, golden, clove-spiced peach. Dominant notes are: peach, vanilla, clove. Sort of a "gold standard" for peach perfume. Ironically, Chanel doesn't officially list peach as a note! The SA told me it was orange and florals, but my nose tells me differently. This is an all-time favorite of mine.
    Purple,
    You have, as usual, fine taste! I know I would have great fun smelling you! I adore peach and other fruits.

No wonder I like Coco; several of my faves all in one. I will eventually get a bottle to wear myself.

You're way into the peach thing, and I would be interested if you react to Roma Uomo the way I do; most think it's orange, and I get some of that, but I definitely think there's a peachy quality, and it's a favorite cologne of mine.

Cheers, Dave

My immediate thoughts on reading this title were of two fragrances:

1)The majestic, warm and opulent peach of Lancome Tresor.

2)The subtle, innocent enigmatic aroma of peach in Guerlain Nahema.

(I then remembered Pretty Peach by Avon, my very first fragrance, how I loved the tiny peach with a lonesome leaf as the lid)
    Never judge anyone until you have walked a mile in their shoes

osMoz lists the peach in Coco so you are not just imagining. Any guesses as to whether there is peach in the new Coromandel? it reminds me of Coco and I've seen it compared elsewhere. The fruit in Coromandel seems golden and gilded to me, but I really can't tell if it is peachy.
    --------------------------------------
    Just opened a perfume guide to a random page and found more peaches...

Fath de Fath- sadly discontinued before I ever had a chance to smell it,but it sure sounds wonderful and it's still findable.

And Femme, but wasn't it sadly injured in reformulation?
    Last edited by Kyra; 3rd April 2007 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

A couple of nice peach scents that I've tried are

The One (Dolce & Gabbana)
    Top Notes: Mandarin, Peach, Bergamot, Lychee
    Middle Notes: Jasmine, Muguet, Madonna Lily
    Base Notes: Vanilla, Amber, Musk, Vetiver, Plum

Snowpeach (by Aussie perfumer Renee)
    Notes: Peaches, green leaves, orange blossom, white grapefruit, mulberry, hyacinth and musk

They're both nice, but completely different from each other. Snowpeach is a light, fresh peach - whereas The One is a mixture of fruit & flowers, of which peach is just one part.

Wow.
    What a great bunch of suggestions.
    I am compiling a list of them.
    I'm getting goosebumps.

You know what? I have to go buy some peach liquor. Or peach juice.
    Now I am longing for the taste as well as the aroma.

Blog Entries

Peach is featured in some of my favorites, too; Rive Gauche, White Linen (Both seriously aldeheldic), Youth Dew (buried with plum), Samsara, Jaipur Saphir (white peach), Infini, Halston (intensely spiced) and Givenchy's Fleur D'Intredit (with raspberry)

We use peach brandy in our annual under the table eggnog. Very yummy, and unless modified, way too strong to drink much of.

:wave: Hi purplebird7. Carolina by Carolina Herrera and Coco Mademoiselle are about as peachy as they get. After about the first ten minutes, I can't tell them apart. But really peachy.

Look how much is gone out of the bottle already. Tsk tsk.
    The label reads Créme de Pêche de Vigne, Wild Peach Liqueur, Produce of France, Edmond Briottet, Dijon, France. Ingredients: Sugar, Wild Peach Maceration.

And the taste? Divine.
    I cannot tell you how wonderful, warm, and peachy this is.
    No *pouting* I will not share.

I have a 'thing' for 'literal' peach--candied, sweet, fruity peaches...the kind found in Tresor, Maybe Baby, Body Shop Fuzzy Peach, etc. It's sweet and not sophisticated, but I love it anyway.

You'd love Creative Scentualization Perfect Nectar. Beauty.com has the little bottles of perfume oil for $30.00 right now, and I couldn't resist it. I ordered it today in fact! I sampled it a long time ago and I always meant to buy some. It's not just peach, there are other summery fruits and florals, but it's predominantly peach and peach blossom.

If you'd like to open up to apricot, I really love Serge Lutens' Daim Blond. It starts off with dry, almost bitter white suede and hawthorn, then opens up into an unapologetic, sweet apricot before dying down again to leather and skin. It's a really amazing progression, not at all linear, and a beautiful execution of the apricot/peach theme.

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

Maybe Baby is a sweet simple peach.

Remember those Bonne Belle Lip Smackers? My fave flavor was peach. I dont' think they make it anymore.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Trouble by Boucheron also has a peach note

Although I haven't owned this for quite some time, CINNABAR was always very peachy on me, even with the spice. The drydown held the peachyness right through to the finish. Mmmmm..... must purchase another bottle of this sometime.
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Some of my favorite heavier and richer peach fragrances
    are - Rumba Balenciaga, Narcisse Chloé & Rochas Femme

But for a lighter peach I really love - Rochas Alchimie &
    Laura Biagiotti's Venezia

some of you might also like Yvresse by Yves Saint Laurent
    (but I don't like that one very much)

Basenotes Institution

There is definitely a clean, crisp peach note in the 'Nectarine & Honey Blossom' by Jo Malone

Have you tried CSP's Vanille Peche? It smells like extremely ripe peach to me or peach cobbler with whipped cream. It is not my favorite CSP frag but my sister in law loves it.
    Last edited by tdi; 11th April 2007 at 09:50 PM. Reason: spelling

Thought of a couple more! - Renee Snow Peach and DSH Japanese Peach Blossom
    Last edited by Tovah; 12th April 2007 at 05:42 AM.

I personally love Nina Ricci's Love In Paris, which has a fairly strong peach note to my nose. It has a fizzy, almost champagne-like opening, followed by tangy florals, and it ends with a very woody drydown. The peach note is present all-throughout for me, and this has a certain charming, romantic, playful, and sophisticated quality to it.
    If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies.

I don't care for fruit fragrances in general (sorry!) but I love peaches! I detoured on the way to Atlanta to a destination orchard (www.lanepacking.com) last July, where you can see the canning factory and eat fresh peach soft serve ice cream that is absolutely to die for. I came back with enough peaches for family, neighbors, and passing strangers. I don't know what exact kind, but their white peaches were heaven. My jaw dropped at the orchard---I'd never seen peach trees as far as the eye could see. Plus, I'd never seen a cotton field! I couldn't figure out what the plant was--until I picked a green boll and split it open. Ah, Scarlett would be so happy!

I do have Fuzzy Peach oil from TBS, because it was on sale. It's pure warm peach and honey, (simple, realistic) and only smells a bit of plastic if you sniff yourself close up. Seriously, the sillage doesn't carry the plastic note at all.
    Last edited by Shycat; 12th April 2007 at 06:30 AM.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Keiko Mecheri Peau de Pêche is a tasty white peach and it goes very well with a glass of Bellini

I have to add Nahema to my own thread, here.
    I know, it's a rose scent, but the peach is always part of the rose.
    And at the end, it is just the nicest, softest, most tender little piece of peach candy.