Code of Conduct
    Dependent

Default a sample of RÍverie au jardin

has arrived after I read the blog late last week and signed what must have been 1 of 100 to recieive his first samples.

This time it paid to be a blog reader.

I just spritzed and it's a Tauer so this could last awhile.

more info at
    www.tauerperfumes.com/blog

my wife just ran away with it
    Last edited by fredricktoo; 3rd April 2007 at 06:48 PM.

Default Re: a sample of RÍverie au jardin

Based on the description on his website, this is my most wanted fragrance right now. Let us all know what you think!

Basenotes Institution

I finally got to try my Reverie au Jardin sample...it's quite a generous decant so I tried it a couple weeks ago and again today (still a little left, to try it one more time too). My thoughts after 2 applications:

1. Does not smell like a garden AT ALL on my skin - which confused the hell out of me
    2. Is that the smell of biscotti? Something sweet and pastry-smelling...perhaps a slight almond note. Not anise - something else nutty...maybe its the ambrette seeds.
    3. Above average longevity - in my hot sunny car on the way to work this morning, the sillage was perfect
    4. Drydown took on mossy Mitsouko-ish tones on my skin that faintly I got black pepper...or maybe white pepper notes if I smelled my skin up close, mixed with the vanilla and tonka notes.
    5. Did I read that this was a lavender scent? WHAT lavender? NO lavender at all on my skin.

Full bottle worthy? Um, no.

This is my first Tauer scent I've ever tried (the comments I've read about Lonestar Memories and L' Air du desert Marocain are so effusive...I want to try these) so perhaps one of his other scents will impress me more.

I was expecting something that smelled like a 'garden' on me (dirty jasmine would've been nice!) or at the least something 'green', not something that smelled like I was baking in my kitchen (!)

Mmm... Jardin is one of my favourites of all time. I think you'd like his Desert du Morocain more, though... if you like amber, that is. It's like amber rolled around in sand and dried in the sun, then sprinkled with a little floral water, mixed with birth/pine tar, and then dried in the sun again.
    Last edited by Maxwell; 11th May 2007 at 02:27 AM.

I`ve tried this but i must admit that i like L`Air du Desert Marocain more.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    Mmm... Jardin is one of my favourites of all time. I think you'd like his Desert du Morocain more, though... if you like amber, that is. It's like amber rolled around in sand and dried in the sun, then sprinkled with a little floral water, mixed with birth/pine tar, and then dried in the sun again.
    I like amber. Will definitely try soon (if I can find a decant of it...shsshhhhh!! quiet so Grant doesn't hear!)
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 11th May 2007 at 05:38 PM.