Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Oliver Creed Eau De Cologne For Men, Vintage Rare

Quote Originally Posted by rach2jlc View Post
    . I ordered a few discontinued Lubins from him and will post here when they've arrived as to condition and such.
    Got my order today; packaged safely, posted quickly,and (best of all) the juice is still good. The vintage Chanel no. 19 I got from him in the old formulation is worth it by itself; the fact I also was able to get some older Lubin just makes it even better.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

Just got an update on this from Creed USA. The query went all the way to Olivier Creed who personally replied to this query. Yes, its the real thing, and it once housed Selection Verte. Here's the reply from Creed USA:

I write you to convey a correction of earlier information we provided concerning the fragrance container seen in the attached photo. You had inquired about the container's authenticity.

Mr. CREED contacted us today to say that, despite earlier recollections to the contrary, this particular style of container was briefly used to hold CREED Selection Verte in the year 1965. Mr. CREED was in his early 20's at that time and was still completing his university studies, and I'm sorry to say the container was not immediately recognized by him when he saw it recently. As you know, Mr. CREED's father was master perfumer and CEO of CREED in 1965.

The container is indeed authentic, according to our research and archives, and I apologize for the error.
    -

Basenotes Plus

I'm so happy that you stuck to this and persevered! I was very curious about the bottles provenance and have seen it on ebay once or twice since, Congratulations ZZ!!!!
    Currently wearing: Derby by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo View Post
    I'm so happy that you stuck to this and persevered! I was very curious about the bottles provenance and have seen it on ebay once or twice since, Congratulations ZZ!!!!
    I had actually forgotten about it but just got an email today so I decided to share it before some of us went on a crazy bidding war over a bottle of Selection Verte.
    -

Thanks Zz! Great to get news like this shared.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Basenotes Plus

for a Creed collector especially the purist this just became a very valuble bottle. The trail will lead back here I would imagine.
    I thought they were blatant fakes when I first saw them.

Nice work ZZ
    Currently wearing: Derby by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Just got an update on this from Creed USA. The query went all the way to Olivier Creed who personally replied to this query. Yes, its the real thing, and it once housed Selection Verte. Here's the reply from Creed USA:

I write you to convey a correction of earlier information we provided concerning the fragrance container seen in the attached photo. You had inquired about the container's authenticity.

Mr. CREED contacted us today to say that, despite earlier recollections to the contrary, this particular style of container was briefly used to hold CREED Selection Verte in the year 1965. Mr. CREED was in his early 20's at that time and was still completing his university studies, and I'm sorry to say the container was not immediately recognized by him when he saw it recently. As you know, Mr. CREED's father was master perfumer and CEO of CREED in 1965.

The container is indeed authentic, according to our research and archives, and I apologize for the error.
    Interesting. What I don't understand is that the flacon carries Olivier's name - if his father was boss. I thought OC's first was Acier Aluminium in 1973? I also thought Selection Verte dates from 1970?
    I was thinking that maybe this bottle was from the time that Olivier was launching Creed as a public perfume brand and before he had the brilliant idea of grafting the tailoring history of Creed, royal warrants and all, onto his basically newly invented perfume house.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Interesting. What I don't understand is that the flacon carries Olivier's name - if his father was boss.
    Perhaps a way to start promoting the next-generation perhaps, similar to how Erwin Creeds' name is tagged onto all the new Creed releases even though they are 95% composed by Olivier Creed ?

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    I thought OC's first was Acier Aluminium in 1973? I also thought Selection Verte dates from 1970?
    OC's first was Zeste Mandarine Pamplemousse (1975). 1970 was the date Selection Verte joined the permanent collection. Its an older fragrance (created by Henry Creed, OCs great-grandfather) which must have been offered in this 60s guise sometime in the past. It may also have been reformulated.
    -