Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default The Ava Luxe Experience!!!

Hi Y'all!

Time for another fun, funky, frustrating and yet fascinating week of immersion in an amazing perfume house / range.

We are hoping to run this initially for one week, commencing the 21st of April, with the post remaining a sticky until the following month (please, Tigrushka?!).

We thought we could make it a kind of hybrid week where people can either stay the course for the entire week and / or we could develop the thread as the Ultimate Ava Luxe Info thread and people can drop in throughout the month with reviews of all the Ava Luxe perfumes they own or have tried (just like Purplebird7's Montale thread).

Using most of the headings that Serena herself has used on her main fragrance page - the one you are taken to when you click on the fragrance subheading at the top of the front page:

http://www.ava-luxe.com/2005/fragrance.html

Schedule for Ava Luxe Week:
    Saturday: Oriental / Amber
    Sunday: Fruit / Citrus or Gourmand
    Monday: Chypre or Vintage
    Tuesday: Fresh / Clean or (Light) Musk
    Wednesday: Green / Herbal or (Intense) Musk
    Thursday: Spice or Woods / Resins / Incense
    Friday: Floral or Tropical

I have doubled up some of the headings so that we can all experience, and share, at least one from each of the scent families / groups that Serena has listed, during the initial seven day intensive period. I have omitted the Luxe category as many of the Luxe beauties are represented in the other categories.

I have chosen a list of 60 - 70 ‘Best’ of Ava Luxe samples that people can chose those that appeal to them the most and then join in during the main seven days. Below is the list of 'recommended samples' along with the categories each scent fits into:

(Please moomail me for list and I will send it as an attachment)

NB: Of course, participants are free to choose which ever scent they prefer. The above table is to help simplify things for those completely new to the Ava Luxe range of perfumes.

Serena at Ava Luxe has been an absolute darling and is offering Basenoters a 10% discount on sample orders made between now and the 21/04/07!!

Just add the code BASENOTES to your request when placing your order and receive a cool 10% off you complete order (excluding S&H). What a great deal! :toppie:

Get your order placed as soon as possible, to ensure you have your samples in time for the event, as orders can be delayed due to demand.

So now is the perfect time to discover and explore this amazing niche range.

If you are still unsure which samples to try or which may work for you, feel free to PM either myself or my co-host (fellow Ava Luxe addict) Taolady and we will do our best to help…:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
    Last edited by moondeva; 4th April 2007 at 05:26 AM.
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Default Re: The Ava Luxe Experience!!!

Woohoo! Just ordered mine. Let's hope the make it past customs in one piece! And in time for the week!

If I weren't already full-up on samples to review, I would order some, too.
    Please excuse my regrettable absence from this event.
    I will be here, reading this thread and making notes.
    Ava Luxe is a must-try house for me.

Basenotes Institution

YAY....! (dancing around my computer now)

Can't wait

Thanks for the notification, moondeva. I have taken this opportunity to order several samples. I've been meaning to do that for ages. I may not join in the testing every day because I'm very mood-driven when choosing the daily scent, but I will be reading and learning even if I'm wearing something else.

I'm really looking forward to those samples.

Oh, throw caution to the wind - I'll try Ava Luxe samples for the whole week. I hope they arrive in time.
    Last edited by Sestra; 4th April 2007 at 02:10 PM.

Please count me in... I have just ordered 8 samples from them and looking forward in testing them. I do have high expectation on a few in particular: TUBEROSE DIABOLIQUE luxe, Royal Parvati and Oude!

Thanks Fabulous Moondeva and Lovely Taolady for arranging this! I hope there is something that I enjoy so that I can order a full bottle. I won't disclose what I have ordered until the parcel arrive

I have a full bottle of Madame X and Vamp at the ready, plus loads of recently acquired samples .... count me IN
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Oh, exciting. By a nice bit of serendipity, a friend gave me samples of Night Violet, Chypre and Kretek yesterday, so I'll be able to join in. Hurray!

I'm really excited now! I just hope they arrive on time. I'm going to try Rasa, despite my aversion to some musks, so let's see how it goes.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Oh, god, another good reason to abandon everything else I could be doing.

I swear I'm going to evolve into nothing but a nose pushing a computer mouse.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I'm overloaded and I've purchased way too much recently, but I love Ava Luxe and I'll be following this thread! I ordered Love's True Bluish Light a couple of days ago, and I cannot wait until it arrives. Love this one. There aren't many Ava Luxe's I haven't liked, for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Oh, god, another good reason to abandon everything else I could be doing.

I swear I'm going to evolve into nothing but a nose pushing a computer mouse.
    LOL!

I see "10% off your entire order" and I know I'm in trouble. Yes, it's getting darker and darker in here....OMG! I'm buyin' blind!
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Oh Yaaaay! We're launched!:bounce:

Many thanks to the formidable Moondeva for doing the research, drawing up the lists and getting Serena on board with the generous discount!!

PurpleBird - am sending you two samples - White Carnation and Firewood - so you don't have to have your nose pressed up against the window! They're small samples - but they're samples!!

Sestra and MikePerez - welcome, welcome. Look forward to your reviews!!

Coconut - so glad to have HK represented! :wave: Am confident you're not going to be disappointed!

RTamara - jealous of your full bottle of the glorious Madame X - may just have to join you!

Squeezeweasel - "serendipitous" indeed! Your gourmet's nose is going to be thrilled.

Quarry - love the picture of your nose pushing around the mouse! So glad to have that knowing nose joining in!!

Tovah - will send you some small samples - the wonderful Rasa Xtreme and Midnight Violet - if you will PM your address to me.

Isn't this exciting!! :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Smile Re: The Ava Luxe Experience!!!

Tao, thanks for the invite! I hadn't seen this!

I think I will be joining in. This sounds exciting. Would anyone take a look at my wardrobe for me and make a few recommendations? I've never smelled anything Ava Luxe...

I'm thinking that Forbidden Fruits and Film Noir sound fun.
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

Welcome Kotori!! Really think you'll enjoy this ride!! :bounce:

Besides the ones you mention - and having checked your wardrobe - think you might enjoy Black Tea, Kretek (Turkish cigarettes!!) White Tea and Vamp. - which will also fill in the suggested categories Moondeva has outlined.

Look forward to reading your experiences!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

I have White Tea ordered for the fresh/clean day...and Cafe Noir for the gourmands (wish I'd also ordered Loukhoum now as it sounds wonderful).

Here are some scents I will definitely be wearing from samples, in no particular order

Madame X
    Vamp
    Viva
    Rasa
    Midnight Violet
    Olbanum
    Queen Bess
    White Tea
    Shisha
    Red Tara
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I'm on board!
    I own Kretek and Heliotrope (the latter is similar to, but mellower than, POTL), and I have plenty of samples, including:
    Tokion
    Biba
    Queen Bess
    Shisha
    Royal Parvati
    Indian Summer
    Absinthe
    Silk
    Sounds like a great week!

Blog Entries

For those interested, listed below is the list of Ava Luxe recommended samples.

Ava Luxe Scent List

Moksha - Woods / Resins / Incense, Luxe,
    Palisander - Woods / Resins / Incense
    Fumari - Woods / Resins / Incense, Luxe
    Firewood - Woods / Resins / Incense, Luxe
    Red Tara - Woods / Resins / Incense, Luxe
    Royal Parvati - Woods / Resins / Incense, Luxe
    Sweet Amber Wood - Woods / Resins / Incense, Oriental / Amber
    Tao - Woods / Resins / Incense
    Ambre Antique - Vintage, Oriental / Amber
    Green Grass of Summer - Vintage, Green / Herbal,
    Ingenue - Chypre, Vintage
    Chaos - Vintage
    Biba - Chypre
    Dark Chypre - Chypre
    Film Noir - Chypre
    Moss - Chypre
    Midnight Violet - Chypre, Floral
    Silk - Chypre, Woods / Resins / Incense
    Angel Face - Light Musk, Floral
    Gardenia Musk - Light Musk, Floral, Tropical
    Roses - Floral
    Orange Flowers - Floral
    Lily - Floral
    White Lilac - Floral
    Queen Bess - Floral, Spice
    Nude Musk - Fresh / Clean, Light Musk
    Egyptian Musk - Fresh / Clean, Light Musk
    China Rain - Fresh / Clean, Light Musk, Oriental / Amber
    China Pearl - Fresh / Clean, Light Musk
    Lotus - Fresh / Clean, Floral
    Clementine - Fruit / Citrus
    Citrine - Fruit / Citrus, Gourmand
    Wild Blackberry Musk - Fruit / Citrus, Intense Musk
    Wild Black Fig - Fruit / Citrus, Gourmand, Green / Herbal, Wood / Resin / Incense
    Forbidden Fruits - Fruit / Citrus, Wood / Resin / Incense
    Bergamot - Fruit / Citrus, Fresh / Clean
    Café Noir - Gourmand, Wood / Resin / Incense
    Luxe Chocolate - Gourmand
    Loukhoum - Gourmand
    Milk - Gourmand
    Royal Vanilla - Gourmand
    Turkish Vanilla - Gourmand
    White (formerly Noel Blanc) - Gourmand, Oriental / Amber
    Absinthe - Green / Herbal
    Sweet Absinthe - Green / Herbal
    Fig Leaf - Fruit / Citrus, Green / Herbal
    Johri - Green / Herbal, Wood / Resin / Incense
    Fig Wood - Woods / Resins / Incense, Fruit / Citrus
    Kama / Kama Xtreme - Intense Musk, Luxe
    Rasa / Rasa Xtreme - Intense Musk, Luxe
    Incense Musk - Woods / Resins / Incense, Intense Musk
    Incense - Woods / Resins / Incense, Luxe
    Love’s Truish Blue Light - Light Musk, Oriental / Amber
    Ambra Tibet - Woods / Resins / Incense, Oriental / Amber
    Amber Essence - Woods / Resins / Incense, Oriental / Amber
    Dark Amber - Woods / Resins / Incense, Oriental / Amber
    Madame X - Woods / Resins / Incense, Oriental / Amber, Luxe
    Opoponax / Opoponax Intense - Oriental Amber, Wood / Resins / Incense
    Shisha - Oriental / Amber, Wood / Resin / Incense, Spice, Luxe
    Sweet Patchouli - Oriental / Amber
    Tokion - Woods / Resins / Incense, Oriental / Amber
    Kretek - Spice, Woods / Resins / Incense
    Indian Summer - Spice, Woods / Resins / Incense
    Kashmir Spice - Spice, Woods / Resins / Incense
    Red Carnation - Spice, Floral
    Venus Sands - Tropical, Floral
    Tubereuse Diabolique - Floral, Tropical
    Vanille Coconut - Fruit / Citrus, Tropical, Gourmand
    Tiare - Floral, Tropical
    Pikake Lei - Floral, Tropical
    Teakwood - Woods / Resins / Incense, Oriental / Amber
    Cashmere Musk - Light Musk, Fresh / Clean
    Camisole - Fresh / Clean, Floral

Last edited by moondeva; 14th April 2007 at 04:21 PM.

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Basenotes Institution

Moondeva and Taolady - will you be announcing this on the Mens Discussion board? If you'd like I can announce it over there? Either way, I think there's a few Ava Luxe fans who primarily post/read the Mens boards, who might want to join us in the 'experience'?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Moondeva and Taolady - will you be announcing this on the Mens Discussion board? If you'd like I can announce it over there? Either way, I think there's a few Ava Luxe fans who primarily post/read the Mens boards, who might want to join us in the 'experience'?
    Wonderful idea!! :bounceSpeak for myself - don't know if Fearless Leader has made other plans.) The more the merrier - and thanks for thinking of it, Mike!!

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Wonderful idea!! :bounceSpeak for myself - don't know if Fearless Leader has made other plans.) The more the merrier - and thanks for thinking of it, Mike!!
    Great - I saw Moondeva's post on the Mens group, so let's see if any guyz are interested in joining us in our journey...

Just bought my scents to try - got:

Absinthe
    Indian Summer
    Bohemian Rose
    Kretek
    The Beach
    Shisha
    Film Noir

Ones I wanted to order, but ran out of days/money: Cafe Noir and Clementine

Blog Entries

...Ones I wanted to order, but ran out of days/money: Cafe Noir and Clementine
    Well, since it is the 'experience' that is important....and the fact that we are looking to make this a great resource thread for those seeking reviews and news of Ava luxe scents you could always do a second order and begin reviewing them ahead of time. ::whistles innocently:: I'm just saying you could...

Count me in! I've got a truckload of Serena's samples...only thing that blocked me is that I like too many and couldn't make up my mind
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

There are so many Ava Luxe frags to choose from and very few reviews in our directory. I think it would be really helpful if there were more reviews to read ( hint hint) I get overwhelmed when I go to the website to order samples because the all sound great to me! I have gotten some great recommendations but it is so helpful to be able to read a review.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tdi View Post
    There are so many Ava Luxe frags to choose from and very few reviews in our directory. I think it would be really helpful if there were more reviews to read (hint hint) I get overwhelmed when I go to the website to order samples because the all sound great to me! I have gotten some great recommendations but it is so helpful to be able to read a review.
    I am hoping that this event / thread will inspire some great reviews which the writers will then modify and add to the Basenotes directory.

There is an added problem in the fact that at least 20 - 30 'popular' Ava Luxe blends are still not listed in the directory. I have been discouraged from requesting many of them as other missing perfumes I have submitted (both through the 'missing perfumes' forum and the missing scent directory form) have still not appeared - and this is after a few months. :sigh:

So hopefully, by this time next month, you will have many more tantalising reviews to help seduce you... Don't wait for the reviews though! Take advantage of the great 10% discount available until the 21st and order some of those listed below so that you don't miss the fun and can also be a part of the Ava Luxe Experience!!

Look forward to seeing you there!! :toppie:

Mine have been dispatched - not sure how long they will take to reach the UK as they have to go through customs.
    I'm just a bit concerned my rash won't clear up in time.

I'm new to write reviews & may not be very good at descriptions, but would love to join in the fun!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moonlight_flower View Post
    I'm new to write reviews & may not be very good at descriptions, but would love to join in the fun!
    Welcome moonlight_flower!

You are very welcome to join in the festivities (the more the merrier) and we are not looking for perfection - just to share our thoughts and feelings about this line of scents.

I don't think any of us profess to be experts here!

Ok, count me in. I ordered quite a few samples and just got the package a few days ago. I didn't know about this thread when I was ordering them, but it was good timing apparently.

I've already tried a few of them and posted at thread about it in the Men's Discussion, but now that I've read this thread I won't try any more until the start date.

I got:
    Kretek
    Oude
    Palisander
    Black Tea
    Fig Wood
    Incense Rose
    Kashmir Spice
    Shisha
    Cafe Noir
    Fire Wood
    Tokion
    Opoponax
    Nag Champa

Ava Luxe was very generous and included several extra sample vials for free, which was a nice surprise.

Taolady to the rescue.
    She's sending me some samples.
    I can join in! Yay!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7 View Post
    Taolady to the rescue.
    She's sending me some samples.
    I can join in! Yay!
    Yay! It would not have been the same without your wonderful, evocative descriptions and insightful reviews, purplebird7! So pleased that you are on board.

This party is so gonna ROCK!!! :toppie:
    Last edited by moondeva; 14th April 2007 at 03:19 PM.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Ahhhhhh! Fate intervenes! Someone just sent me some Ava Luxe samples as extras. I'll be back in here to chatter about them in subsequent days. (I really gotta limit my coffee intake.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

So I used the basenotes coupon and bought my samples, I didn't spend a lot of time sifting through all the notes, but I think I have one of each category.

Thanks Moondeva for getting the discount for us. I'm still sifting though some H&S samples, but this sounds intriguing

I'm ordering my new samples today!

I want to add a quick recommendation in case you're not sure which to order for the Oriental/Amber. It's Love's True Bluish Light. I own it, and I adore it. One of my favorite evening scents. The amber-vanilla warmth just melts into my skin and it's beautiful.
    Last edited by Tovah; 15th April 2007 at 03:35 PM.

hello,

I just joined today, so bear with me as a newbie. I am also new to Ava Luxe and found this site by searching for reviews of her fragrances...I have an order of samples coming so I hope I can take part of this thread:-))

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edain33 View Post
    hello,

I just joined today, so bear with me as a newbie. I am also new to Ava Luxe and found this site by searching for reviews of her fragrances...I have an order of samples coming so I hope I can take part of this thread:-))
    What a fantastic way to kick off your posting, edain33. It'll be great to have a new voice in the chorus. Long may you post!

hello,

Welcomewelcome Edain33!! :bounce: Come right in and relax into this loving group which includes us newies (I'm only 8 months old here!) and the cognoscenti (Moondeva - Quarry, e.g.).Like Moondeva says - we're gonna ROCK!!!

Basenotes Institution

I just realized today, that I think my Tom Ford samples (of all 12 that were released last week) will be shipping to me this coming week. Which means I will receive them right about when Ava Luxe Week begins and I will have to hold onto these 12 samples for a week before I can sample them...

Talk about sensory overload.

Thanks for the welome:-))) I am looking forward to sampling my Ava Luxe and all that I can learn from you all here...just wish I had seen the thread and know about the coupon code BEFORE I ordered!!! LOL!

I just realized today, that I think my Tom Ford samples (of all 12 that were released last week) will be shipping to me this coming week. Which means I will receive them right about when Ava Luxe Week begins and I will have to hold onto these 12 samples for a week before I can sample them...

Mike, where do you order those TF samples please?

Right ladies, count me in!!

12 samples and not a clue where this will end. What a glorious feeling to sit quietly (well, I will try) at the feet of Mistress Moondeva and my OBB Tao.

I will learn from you :bounce:
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Talk about dedication! Way to Go MikeP!! :bounce:

And welcomewelcome to our Dutch Dragon - thrilled that you are bringing your bubbling exuberance and discerning nose to the Ava Luxe banquet!

Talking Re: The Ava Luxe Experience!!!

Serena is such a doll. I have her Loves Truish Blue,Gardenia Musk, Chypre Noir and two of the new Shisha, They are interesting and different fragrances,

So many of you have mentioned Loves Truish Blue I wish I had ordered a sample of that. Who is it says "So many frags - so little time!"??? :bounce:

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    So many of you have mentioned Loves Truish Blue I wish I had ordered a sample of that. Who is it says "So many frags - so little time!"??? :bounce:
    Love the name...Loves Truish Blue. It sounds like the title of a Harlequin Romance paperback novel
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 16th April 2007 at 10:11 PM.

Isn't it Loves True Blueish Light?

There are so many nice sounding fragrances there it was hard to pick out seven and I'm kicking myself for missing a couple that sounded nice. But I'm looking forward to this. Just hope I don't react badly to any of 'em. Well, that and I hope my samples turn up in time!!

Quote Originally Posted by Indiscreet View Post
    Isn't it Loves True Blueish Light?

There are so many nice sounding fragrances there it was hard to pick out seven and I'm kicking myself for missing a couple that sounded nice. But I'm looking forward to this. Just hope I don't react badly to any of 'em. Well, that and I hope my samples turn up in time!!
    Lovish's Blue Truey Light?? Blue Love's True Lightish??? (Think you're right! It is Loves True Blueish Light!! But by any other name, apparently, 'twould smell....!! )

DON'T PUT ANYTHING ON YOUR GORGEOUS SKIN UNTIL THE SAMPLES ARRIVE...and we'll figure out a way to create a round-robin, traveling Ava Luxe Wardobe we can all share!!. :bounce:

I think I did order a sample of Love's True Blueish Light, but I don't think I covered all the different types (as I did this before I found this forum/thread) is that going to matter?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Indiscreet View Post
    How on earth did you manage that??!! Only seven!! I already have enough samples to do an Ava Luxe Month and I am considering shelling out for a few more...

The only thing stopping me is the thought that they may not arrive in time. But then again, I am planning on hosting an Ava Luxe Week on another forum soon, so they would still be useful...

Any excuse...

Last night I took an Ambien for my chronic insomnia. When I woke up this morning I found my roll-on bottle of Love's True Bluish Light clutched in my hand. Empty. Apparently I'd applied what was left in the bottle (over 1/2 full) all over myself. I smelled like heaven, but I'm so mad that I used it all up! My husband saw me putting it on, too, while I was in my daze before falling completely asleep. He figured it was some kind of moisturizer so he didn't question me. Plus it smells so damn good, he didn't care. I'm going to order another bottle and hide it from myself!

I think I did order a sample of Love's True Blueish Light, but I don't think I covered all the different types (as I did this before I found this forum/thread) is that going to matter?
    Nah!! Just jump right in - double up - whatever. I think that one of the things that will happen is that we'll learn from each other's experiences and be better able to make sample choices.

Just glad you're going to be part of the joy!! :bounce:

--------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Tovah View Post
    Last night I took an Ambien for my chronic insomnia. When I woke up this morning I found my roll-on bottle of Love's True Bluish Light clutched in my hand. Empty. Apparently I'd applied what was left in the bottle (over 1/2 full) all over myself. I smelled like heaven, but I'm so mad that I used it all up! My husband saw me putting it on, too, while I was in my daze before falling completely asleep. He figured it was some kind of moisturizer so he didn't question me. Plus it smells so damn good, he didn't care. I'm going to order another bottle and hide it from myself!
    Ooooh! I'll have to remember this when I'm looking for a good excuse!!!
    Last edited by TaoLady; 17th April 2007 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have, um, just a few Ava Luxe samples (embarrassed blushing - it looks like a long list, typed out like this). I ordered them a couple weeks ago, before the discount. C'est la vie. I have had the pleasure of trying quite a few of them, in the meantime. I am considering a full bottle (or two!) purchase with the 10% discount.

I would love to participate in Ava Luxe week, if there is room.

I have samples of:
    Rasa (might like it, must try again)
    Rasa Extreme (ditto)
    Shisha (love this!)
    Kama (not tried)
    Kama Extreme (not tried)
    Love's True Bluish Light (pretty, but doesn't last long on me)
    Vamp (very sweet, strong vanilla on me)
    Film Noir (love this, too)
    Midnight Violets (not my style)
    Madame X (nice!!)
    Skin 2 (not tried)
    Nude Musk (nice, but fleeting)

ETA: I can't believe I forgot! I have the 5 ml extraits of Linden Blossom, Little Love, and Loukhum (sp?) that I picked up on eBay for a steal!

Those of you who have been sampling, how do you find the lasting power to be on the Ava Luxe scents? I found Film Noir and Shisha to be very long lasting. Love's True Bluish Light and Nude Musk (both of which I really liked) disappeared within moments, it seemed. Your thoughts? Maybe I am getting ahead of Ava Luxe week, but I have a hard time with delayed gratification (insert a wink because I have not yet figured out how to use the emoticons).

Edited to add: Also, do you recommend the extrait/oil or the EDP for best sillage and lasting power? Again, I have a hard time with delayed gratification. It is not my only fault, I'm afraid.
    Last edited by Pebbles; 17th April 2007 at 03:25 AM. Reason: last edit, really!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

"Welcome, little Pebbles," said the big Quarry. You wanna get Stoned (by Solange)? (You wouldn't be the Peb_les I know from MUA, would you?)

I'm delaying gratification--not because I'm virtuous but because I have no time right now. So, I don't have answers to your questions yet. Just wanted to encourage your participation and greet you.

Rock on!
    --------------------------------------
    Oh, honey-baby, that's the cutest, most pathetic story yet.
    Last edited by Quarry; 17th April 2007 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wait until you wake up with your underwear on backwards....now that's a wakeup call!

I'm so looking forward to my LTBL sample! And also, I'm looking forward to fresh BLTs. I've got 26 Ava Luxe Samples from the last time you (Tovah) were raving about her--the Camisole never "did it" for me like it did for you. I've tested a few more of them not found one to fall in love with---Milk's good, very like Matin Calin with better longevity. Clementine and Gardenia Musk are maybes. I'll have another go with them all!
    Please, spritz responsibly.

[quote=Quarry;1012485]"Welcome, little Pebbles," said the big Quarry. You wanna get Stoned (by Solange)? (You wouldn't be the Peb_les I know from MUA, would you?)

Bwah ha! It's 12:30 am & I just snorted in laughter and woke up one of my cats. He's glaring at me.

Welcome to Pebbles!:wave:

Great story, Tovah! Although a bit annoying I'll grant you.
    I remember when I got laser eye surgery I had to wear this goggles to bed to stop me rubbing my eyes in my sleep (which is a very bad thing to do if you've just had your eyes peeled, sliced and fried like onions...). They didn't have a strap but had to be attached to your face with surgical tape. Several nights in a row I managed to rip them off in my sleep. I don't just mean they fell off - I woke up to find them on the chair next to the bed. After that I just gave up on them. Eyes healed just fine.

Anyway, my samples just arrived. I don't think I'll have too many issues. Rash is fading nicely now and the samples are rather small so I won't be able to douse myself like I did with that sample of Rousse I got on Easter weekend. I'm half wondering if that was the culprit (and actually I hope not as I really like it!)

I woke up after having taken Ambien once when I was doing my old, more glamorous job, to discover that at some point in the night I'd deleted an article I was working on for a deadline the next day (a sensible thing about an opera festival in Finland) and had replaced it with a very long, ungrammatical and barely readable screed about pickled herring and saunas. The old article wasn't even in the recycle bin - I appeared to have just written over it and saved. I don't remember writing the new one at all.

It was around this time that I stopped taking Ambien and decided to try herbal medicine instead. (I still get a prescription for it if we're going somewhere long-haul and I need to beat the jet lag, but I do make sure that I don't take it until I'm in bed, the lights are off and my head is on the pillow!)

I have, by the way, been sampling Kretek. I can't quite work out what's going on here, but I poured a glass of Pepsi Max Cino (the coffee flavoured Pepsi) shortly after I'd put it on yesterday, and wow - Kretek and Pepsi Max Cino have an awful lot in common. (Seriously - take a glass of the stuff and float some tobacco and a clove in it, and I think you'd be there!)
    Last edited by Squeezeweasel; 17th April 2007 at 11:55 AM. Reason: kretek

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
    Again, I have a hard time with delayed gratification. It is not my only fault, I'm afraid.
    Welcomewelcome Pebbles! :wave: You are not the only member of the "gotta have it now" club!!

Check out these posts for what's happenin': http://community.basenotes.net/showt...008815#1008815 and http://community.basenotes.net/showt...007373#1007373

Meanwhile I, personally, will be working on my envy issues - you with all those Ava Luxes!! :bounce:

Well it seems I got another couple of samples thrown in - Shisa and Gardenia Musk, so I can enjoy the party that bit more.