Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Default Re: The Ava Luxe Experience!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Mine just arrived today (whew!) also got bonus free samples from Ava Luxe of:

Fig
    Midnight Violet
    Royal Parvati

Anyone try these?
    Anyone know what a 'parvati' is?
    Can't help with "Parvati" (but I bet an "E' to Serena would clear it up!!) but I have tried Midnight Violet and I loved it. Lightweight but lasting, neither sweet (on my skin) nor powdery. True violet!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Looks like I won't be able to join everyone here for the Ava Luxe Experience as my package has not arrived yet. I will keep checking the threads and read the verdicts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Mine just arrived today (whew!) also got bonus free samples from Ava Luxe of:

Fig
    Midnight Violet
    Royal Parvati

Anyone try these?
    Anyone know what a 'parvati' is?
    Parvati is a 'who' not a 'what'...

"Parvati is the Hindu Goddess of Love and Beauty. The wife of Lord Shiva and mother of Ganesha, she is adored by Hindus everywhere. Parvati gives her love and blessings freely to all. She is known for her great felicity, nurturing and fertility.
    Parvati employed the help of Kama, the love god, to enchant Lord Shiva and make him her husband.
    On their honeymoon, Shiva and Parvati scaled the great Mount Kailasha where they spent many years in sacred union.

This fragrance, inspired by Parvati, is composed of rare and precious woods - Creamy Sandalwood from Caledonia, Exotic Cabrueva wood from the South Pacific, and Sweet Parvati Sandalwood. The fragrance is enhanced with a touch of Rosewood and Ambergris.
    Notes:
    Cypress Leaf
    Rosewood
    Caledonian Sandalwood
    Parvati Sandalwood
    Cabrueva Wood
    Peruvian Balsam
    Orris Root
    Ambergris"

From the Ava Luxe website.
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Parvati sounds heavenly. As soon as I placed my order, I second guessed myself and wanted more!
    Currently wearing: Bluebell by Penhaligon's

I've got a "favourites / safe" list & a "out of my comfort zone" list for Ava Luxe week & I'm not sure which way I'm going to end up choosing????

Favourites/ safe list:

Saturday: Oriental / Amber: Dark Amber
    Sunday: Fruit / Citrus or Gourmand - Forbidden Fruits
    Monday: Chypre or Vintage - Midnight Violet
    Tuesday: Fresh / Clean or (Light) Musk - Love's True Bluish Light
    Wednesday: Green / Herbal or (Intense) Musk - Rasa
    Thursday: Spice or Woods / Resins / Incense - Sweet Amber Wood
    Friday: Floral or Tropical - Bohemian Rose

Out of the comfort zone list:

Saturday: Oriental / Amber - Madame X
    Sunday: Fruit / Citrus or Gourmand - Creme Brulee
    Monday: Chypre or Vintage - In the Garden (All about Eve type)
    Tuesday: Fresh / Clean or (Light) Musk - Wild Blackberry Musk
    Wednesday: Green / Herbal or (Intense) Musk - Tunisian Musk
    Thursday: Spice or Woods / Resins / Incense - Turkish Vanilla
    Friday: Floral or Tropical - Orange Flowers

Well, I could not resist any longer and started a day early with my bonus sample (ie, one I didn't choose but was sent free), Gardenia Musk. Being a Londoner I had little idea what Gardenias smelled like, and of course, I have this thing about some musks.

However, after dousing myself with the stuff (an entire sample!) I have to say I'm really liking this. The musk is very subtle, allowing the Gardenia to dominate the show.
    It's very fresh, but also sweet and heady.
    My colleague said it smells like fresh laundry, if you got your laundry done at Harrods! He also said it really suited me and that I should definitely buy a bottle.
    I think this is going to be an expensive week. :/

Quote Originally Posted by moondeva View Post
    Parvati is a 'who' not a 'what'...

[LEFT]"Parvati is the Hindu Goddess of Love and Beauty. The wife of Lord Shiva and mother of Ganesha, she is adored by Hindus everywhere. Parvati gives her love and blessings freely to all. She is known for her great felicity, nurturing and fertility.
    Parvati employed the help of Kama, the love god, to enchant Lord Shiva and make him her husband.
    On their honeymoon, Shiva and Parvati scaled the great Mount Kailasha where they spent many years in sacred union.

This fragrance, inspired by Parvati, is composed of rare and precious woods - Creamy Sandalwood from Caledonia, Exotic Cabrueva wood from the South Pacific, and Sweet Parvati Sandalwood. The fragrance is enhanced with a touch of Rosewood and Ambergris.
    Oh jeeeze! I gotta have it!!! (swoons) Mike - be sure to let us know what this beauty is like!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moonlight_flower View Post
    I've got a "favourites / safe" list & a "out of my comfort zone" list for Ava Luxe week & I'm not sure which way I'm going to end up choosing????

Favourites/ safe list:

Saturday: Oriental / Amber: Dark Amber
    Sunday: Fruit / Citrus or Gourmand - Forbidden Fruits
    Monday: Chypre or Vintage - Midnight Violet
    Tuesday: Fresh / Clean or (Light) Musk - Love's True Bluish Light
    Wednesday: Green / Herbal or (Intense) Musk - Rasa
    Thursday: Spice or Woods / Resins / Incense - Sweet Amber Wood
    Friday: Floral or Tropical - Bohemian Rose

Out of the comfort zone list:

Saturday: Oriental / Amber - Madame X
    Sunday: Fruit / Citrus or Gourmand - Creme Brulee
    Monday: Chypre or Vintage - In the Garden (All about Eve type)
    Tuesday: Fresh / Clean or (Light) Musk - Wild Blackberry Musk
    Wednesday: Green / Herbal or (Intense) Musk - Tunisian Musk
    Thursday: Spice or Woods / Resins / Incense - Turkish Vanilla
    Friday: Floral or Tropical - Orange Flowers
    moonlight_flower: I would start out with the new, unknown list so that you can share the excitement of new discoveries with many of the rest of us, but should you need a day off or the comfort of what you already know and love then switch to the favourites list. This event is not set in stone, you don't even have to wear scents from the set theme on any given day, if you don't want too. This is just an opportunity for many of us to discover, enjoy and share all things Ava Luxe!
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiscreet View Post
    Well, I could not resist any longer and started a day early with my bonus sample (ie, one I didn't choose but was sent free), Gardenia Musk. Being a Londoner I had little idea what Gardenias smelled like, and of course, I have this thing about some musks.

However, after dousing myself with the stuff (an entire sample!) I have to say I'm really liking this. The musk is very subtle, allowing the Gardenia to dominate the show.
    My colleague said it smells like fresh laundry, if you got your laundry done at Harrods! He also said it really suited me and that I should definitely buy a bottle.
    Ooh, Gardenia Musk is one that I have heard so many good things about! It sounds like a wonderfully feminine floral musk, perfect for spring and summer wear. At least for me - I am already wondering whether it will layer well with my beloved TBS Japanese Musk...

I must say, I am flabbergasted that you used a whole sample in one application! Was it the eau de parfum strength?

It does sound like you found a winner, though! Yay, you!
    Last edited by moondeva; 20th April 2007 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Well, it was quite a small sample... And I do tend to apply a lot of scent due to the fact my skin chemistry eats up most things rather quickly! But I think in this case, I didn't need to as it's quite potent!
    I think it was the EDP, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiscreet View Post

That one sounds lovely and I'm pleased to learn that you get samples with samples. How long did it take to arrive?
    Last edited by Zibeline; 20th April 2007 at 03:28 PM.
    Currently wearing: Bluebell by Penhaligon's

I think it took about a week. I ordered seven samples and got two freebies.

Blog Entries

Less than 10 hours until the festivities begin for us here in the UK and even sooner for the fragrance buddies in the east! :: waves :wave: at Coconut::

I am so excited!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Can one of the kind moderators please make this thread a sticky?!

Or should I begin a fresh thread?
    Last edited by moondeva; 20th April 2007 at 04:51 PM.

And didn't I get two more samples today as lagniappe in a decant order!!! Red Tara and Lotus!!! Must rush right to the site and see which categories they fit into!! :bounce:
    Last edited by TaoLady; 20th April 2007 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Too much color!!

I think a fresh thread would be a good idea, since the posts will be more review oriented.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Fresh & Sticky!

I'm getting nervous. I have 2 AL samples in hand, but if the mailman fails me on Saturday ...
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

It's Party Time!!!!!

Started the day wearing Madame X but the Civet, Ambergris & Castoreum combo decided to have their own party on my skin - result - a horrid stench. My DH told me to run to the bathroom & wash it off quick smart! Not a great start to trying different scents that take me way from my usual fragrance comfort zone!

I'm now wearing Vamp (for the first time) on my other wrist & will post my review on this one later on today.

Have fun everyone!!!