Code of Conduct

Default Formal fresh frag for summer?

As happy as I am with my purchase of Equipage, the climbing temperatures here in the desert will probably retire this to the shelf for the season.

So facing 115+ F in the coming months, I have a good excuse for some additional frag shopping. I already know that I am going to retest Eau Sauvage and Vetiver Extreme. I aleady know that I don't like Live Jazz (yes, I'm a heretic).

Those aside, I have this vague idea of something probably herbal fresh - not fruity, not sweet, not too heavily citrus, and no calone. Something that smells natural, high-quality, lively, and complex, and honestly something not too mainstream. Something that will remain pleasant at extreme temps. Confidence, comfort, and formality at 120 degrees F.

So I probably contradicted myself in there somewhere, but anyways I'm fishing for sampling suggestions. Any thoughts?

Default Re: Formal fresh frag for summer?

Lorenzo Villoresi Uomo
    Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire

Formal, eh?

Bulgari PH is formality defined. Just wore it at an interview today. Great in the heat. Different from other summer frags because it isn't citrusy at all.

Guerlain Vetiver is certainly formal but might not work so well in such extreme heat...or if you don't like tobacco (which is what weighs the Geurlain down sometimes), try CdG Vettiveru. It is SO refreshing.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I'd recommend Eau Sauvage, Dune pour Homme, Egoiste Platinum and Guerlain Vetiver!

Why not sample;

Caron Pour un Homme
    Tsar - Van Cleef & Arpels
    Le Vainqueur -Rance
    Santal Blanc- Serge Lutens
    Current Favourites: Touaregh -Il Profumo/ Le Vainqueur- Rue Rance/ Versus Uomo -Versace/ Sculpture -Nikos/ Acier Aluminium - Creed/ Santal Noble - MPG

Neroli Sauvage.

Isfarkand

i kinda like Ralf Laurens Silver Romance
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Those aside, I have this vague idea of something probably herbal fresh - not fruity, not sweet, not too heavily citrus, and no calone. Something that smells natural, high-quality, lively, and complex, and honestly something not too mainstream. Something that will remain pleasant at extreme temps. Confidence, comfort, and formality at 120 degrees F.

If you can afford it, Amouage Dia fits your description perfectly.

Or just Green Irish Tweed

Basenotes Institution

Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Silver Mountain Water by Creed
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Bulgari Aqua
    Eau Sauvage

Cool Re: Formal fresh frag for summer?

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Formal, eh?

Bulgari PH is formality defined. Just wore it at an interview today. Great in the heat. Different from other summer frags because it isn't citrusy at all.

Guerlain Vetiver is certainly formal but might not work so well in such extreme heat...or if you don't like tobacco (which is what weighs the Geurlain down sometimes), try CdG Vettiveru. It is SO refreshing.
    Another vote for CdG's Vettiveru. It's a toss up between it and 1948 Creed Vetiver when the heat skyrockets. Otherwise, make mine Guerlian's

CdG's is indeed refreshing but the longevity is somewhat short of spectacular. You may have to bathe in the stuff and carry a small vial to re-apply. Am I damning it with faint praise? Hope not, it's worth it!

Then there's Versace l'Homme and Francesco Smalto PH
    Great summer frags. You'll have to decide for yourself how 'formal' they are, but I think they could easily be worn to your coronation!

Cheers,

Mario.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Lavande Royale (Roger & Gallet)
    Lacoste Original
    Acqua di Selva
    Totally agree with Bulgari PH suggestion
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Thanks for your input everyone, but after some fragrance sampling I finally realized that I don't want to smell "fresh." I think I might start a new thread on that topic.