Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation cartier for my man

hey. I have been looking for a cologne for my bf. I have been loving this one by cartier called pasha, but it is not the original pasha, it is the pasha with mint. omg it smells really sexy and masculine! so i asked the saleslady for other ones that might be in the same family as the cartier one. she said she didn't know and that the cartier was more for an older man and was heavy, so i should try YSL homme. To me, ysl homme was nothing special. i was a little upset that she said the cartier one was for older men, so what is she saying, I am attracted to old men? and i was upset that she could not answer my question. so maybe someone here can help.
    1) what are some other fragrances like this cartier one? I like something that is spicy but still fresh.
    2) do you think that this fragrance is heavy and more for a "mature" man?
    okay I will be looking forward to ur feedback, thanks.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: cartier for my man

Off the top of my head:

Gucci Pour Homme (the original brown liquid, NOT the GpH II blue liquid one)
    Comme de Garcons 2 Man
    JHL by Aramis

Cartier Declaration
    Sander for Man
    Zegna - Essenza di Zegna

INWAP

Post Thanks / Like

pretty sure she was fantasizing that an older fellow with billions, wearing Pasha would sweep her off her feet, drizzling Cartier bling all over her.
    That's her thing. Don't worry about it. If you have a job with a chair you're way ahead of her.
    The Pasha bottles are unique and great style but the contents are average. AFAIK

Try some of the Chanels for your guy, Antaeus, Egoiste etc.
    The Guerlains are pretty good. Look at the wardrobes of guys here and do searches. there are a lot of threads compaing Pasha to other scents.

good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Check out Mont Blanc Presence for a minty, fresh scent. Also, YSL Opium is good too.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Post Thanks / Like

I'm 19 and I simply love what are called "Older Men" colognes. This is a class of colognes that existed way before all the crappy aquatics, when men had good taste. Since those men are older now, many people associate that awesome smell with a special older man in their life. Just ignore her, because I get quite a few compliments on my "Older" colognes.

I second Antaeus, if you can find it, but I think you might try Equipage by Hermes.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a great idea! Forget the sales lady and get the Pasha. Don't let her tell you what to get your boyfriend. You're the one that's going to have to smell him all the time, after all.

Or, if you must search around...Epuipage is a great suggestion.
    So is anything from Chanel, but especially Antaeus.
    Also check out Gucci Pour Homme, Bvlgari Pour Homme, Caron Third Man if you can find it, and some of the other YSLs like Rive Gauche, M7, Jazz, Opium, etc.
    Or, and the original Azzaro Pour Homme might be what you're looking for.
    Oh and I cannot leave our Dior Fahrenheit here. Just make sure to give it bit of drydown time before you pass judgement.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

As a general rule, ignore sales reps. As a whole they don't know their frags and will just try to sell you the newest thing; I guess they get a bonus on those scents.

Personally I prefer the original Pasha to the Pasha Fraicheur Menthe which is the one like.

You might also give Baldessarini a shot.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]