Code of Conduct

Default Kouros Fraicheur

I don't see Kouros Fraicheur in the stores in Holland;Kouros aftershave and Cologne sport is no problem;I wonder if Kouros Fraicheur is called ,,aftershave" in Europe so whe are talking about the same scent?

Default Re: Kouros Fraicheur

No, I strongly doubt it. Kouros Fraicheur is its own scent, and I think the first to be released with the "Kouros" name after the original. It is indeed hard to find sometimes as it is old now and the original has stayed burning bright. It isn't aftershave and although I've got no insight into corporate YSL decisions or history, I strongly strongly doubt it is known as such.

I think it's just hard to find.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I don't if Amazon delivers internationally, but I got my bottle cheap from them. It's a strange scent--it's got the definate Kouros vibe, but also has some added dirtyness to it along with an intriguing pineapple/vetiver accord. It is more dirty and fresh at the same time. There is less bathroom soap vibe, but it's still there slightly. I ended up exchanging my bottle, I just never got that much enjoyment out of wearing it despite the fact that it's an interesting scent.

One of my favorites. Seems to be very hard to find. Not only have I never seen it in a store, I've never actually been able to find a 100ml bottle that wasn't a tester. I don't think it would be called an aftershave. If so, what would they call the Kouros Fraicheur aftershave?

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    .... Kouros Fraicheur is its own scent, and I think the first to be released with the "Kouros" name after the original . . . .

---Chris
    Actually, there was an earlier, now discontinued, release called Kouros Eau de Sport. I seem to be the only person I know who has a bottle.

The Kouros genealogy goes like this:

1981: Kouros
    1986: Kouros Eau de Sport
    1993: Kouros Fraîcheur
    2002: Kouros Eau d’Été (original Eau d’Été release)
    2003: Kouros Cologne Sport
    2004: Kouros Cologne Sport Eau d’Été
    2005: Kouros Eau d’Été (2005 reformulation of original Eau d’Été release)
    2006: Kouros Eau d’Été (2006 reformulation of original Eau d’Été release)
    2007: Kouros Tattoo

Kouros Fraîcheur was also released in aftershave form; no fragrance by a designer is released only as an aftershave. Aftershaves are consider part of the ancillary grooming range of a product line that begins with the EDT.

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 24th October 2007 at 02:04 PM.

QUOTE=scentemental;1007935]Actually, there was an earlier, now discontinued, release called Kouros Eau de Sport. I seem to be the only person I know who has a bottle.
    I have a couple of bottles of Eau de Sport. White plastic bottle with blue trim.
    The Kouros genealogy goes like this:

1981: Kouros
    1986: Kouros Eau de Sprot
    1993: Kouros Fraîcheur
    2002: Kouros Eau d’Été (original Eau d’Été release)
    2003: Kouros Cologne Sport
    2004: Kouros Cologne Sport Eau d’Été
    2005: Kouros Eau d’Été (2005 reformulation of original Eau d’Été release)
    2006: Kouros Eau d’Été (2006 reformulation of original Eau d’Été release)
    2007: Kouros Tattoo

Kouros Fraîcheur was also released in aftershave form; no fragrance by a designer is released only as an aftershave. Aftershaves are consider part of the ancillary grooming range of a product line that begins with the EDT.

scentemental

[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giraffe View Post
    It's a strange scent--it's got the definate Kouros vibe, but also has some added dirtyness to it along with an intriguing pineapple/vetiver accord. It is more dirty and fresh at the same time. There is less bathroom soap vibe, but it's still there slightly.
    That pretty well sums up my experience with it as well. It's heavier and more substantial than the other "fresh" Kourosi, still weird like the original, and lasts pretty well. The pineapple is a little iffy for me. The notes seem to have more space between them than the original - it's easier to identify individual notes. Fresh, fruity, and dirty might sum it up, like you took a shower with your pineapple, then went outside still wet and rolled around in the lawn, getting some dirt, grass, and maybe even some animal poo, on you and your pineapple. It's fairly easy to find online if you really want it.

Almost non existent at major department stores.I was in Singapore last week and had to go to a specialty parfum shop Jasina and bought the remaining stock. It is not being imported anymore to South East Asia because of the lack of popularity and low demand.If you find some,buy all of them coz I have the feeling that it wil soon be discontinued.
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

My understanding was that Kouros Fraîcheur was discontinued a number of years ago.

BTW, the plural for "kouros"--an ancient Greek word, not a Latin word--is "kouroi" not "Kourosi". In Ancient Greek script, it's written in the following manner "κούροι".

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 5th April 2007 at 07:28 PM.

Hi,may I ask,have you ever seen this one, or ANY other Kouros or Kouros derivative in 1oz. / 30 ml packaging?The bottle on offer I found online is listed as such.
    Thank's!
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Don't know about their shipping policy, but it looks like it's still available here

Thanks for the info!

I'm assuming Body Kouros doesn't fit in here at all, and is a competely different beast? I've never sampled, but it appears to be quite distinct based on the notes listed and reviews....
    url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/972]Wardrobe[/url]