Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 43 of 43

Thread: YSL L'Homme

  1. #31

    Default Re: YSL L'Homme

    Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    I tried this the other day and found it to be a clean, well made fragrance. This is YSL's "Allure homme" - an inoffensive all-purpose pleasant smelling fragrance. Every house should have one all-purpose frag. The bottle is more impressive than the juice though. Still, I might pick up a bottle if I get a good discount on it.
    Good comparison. I guess, when Allure Homme just came out, many thought that it wasn't what real Chanel fragrance should smell like. Allure became the bestseller, but it doesn't smell like Antaeus or Egoiste...
    Last edited by breeze11; 12th April 2007 at 07:53 AM.

  2. #32

    Default Re: YSL L'Homme

    My first impressions about l'homme were negative

    it's because I expected something in the style of YSL - very daring , original

    if you like correct scent, it would be not a bad choice.
    l'homme would be a great alternative to Hugo Boss scents
    Last edited by DreamerII; 12th April 2007 at 02:44 PM.
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    One can not prove the beauty, but show it. You see it or you don't.

    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) Guerlain Habit Rouge 5) TF Noir de Noir \\ Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

  3. #33

    Default Re: YSL L'Homme

    It is a great office, morning, or public place fragrance..
    it is kind of fragrance that won't harm the others niether you.

  4. #34

    Default Re: YSL L'Homme

    Good to see fellow BN'ers revising their initial reviews on this fragrance.

    Not being Daring is a good thing about YSL, IMO. No more "Urinal cake" (whatever the **** that is?), "Barber shop smell", or "Strong Coriander note" comments.
    Last edited by Shiver; 14th April 2007 at 02:13 PM.

  5. #35

    Default Re: YSL L'Homme

    I sampled YSL's "L'homme Eau d'été" (Limited Edition) yesterday, and was disappointed to find practically no difference to the original.
    Its fresh and enjoyable, but its longevity is lacking. Aside from that, nothing more and nothing less than the original release.
    I had kind of hoped they'd "turn up the volume" by playing with some of its citrus, ginger or violet accords, ... but... nothing.

    Anyone else have the same opinion of this "Eau d'été" version?

  6. #36

    Default Re: YSL L'Homme

    Oooherr! Some pretty harsh criticism on this one!
    Quite surprising for a scent that is fundamentally quite middle-of-the-road.
    I think it's pleasant and fresh. Could use this one as an office or everyday scent. Nothing extraordinarily unique or daring, but nice all round.

  7. #37
    Basenotes Plus

    fredricktoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    4,511

    Default Re: YSL L'Homme

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
    I totally agree with this member - Jock_With_Scents is a member who I tend NOT to agree with.

    YSL L'Homme is a safe scent. It does not smell like Urine; Shaving Cream; or some other scent that appeals to homosexual men. It rivals the best from Giorgio Armani, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Lacoste (etc.) and other mainstream designers, IMO.

    I haven't had the privilege to hold a conversation with the member Serpent when he was active on this board. However, you should definitely read these two threads:

    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=186854
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=185536

    Very respected member of mine (although he has differing opinions).
    I'm still trying to understand your first sentence. Did you read your post after writing it?

    and you may respect your member... but your member is in your pants. probably smelling of urine and shaving cream.

    Jock with scents has pretty good taste as far as I'm concerned. He's recommended a few really good fragrances. He's among a handful with good taste and the ability to expess himself clearly.
    One of the reasons I like this place.
    Last edited by fredricktoo; 29th April 2007 at 04:48 PM. Reason: spelling
    Currently wearing: Bois du Portugal by Creed

  8. #38

    Lightbulb Re: YSL L'Homme

    Quote Originally Posted by breeze11 View Post
    [...] if it was, say, from Armani, Ralph Laren or Hugo Boss would it be better accepted here?
    I doubt it. How well are RL and Boss fragrances accepted here in the first place?

    Funny you mention RL. The closest comparison for YSL L'Homme I can think of is RL Romance.

  9. #39

    Default Re: YSL L'Homme

    Quote Originally Posted by d4 View Post
    I doubt it. How well are RL and Boss fragrances accepted here in the first place?

    Funny you mention RL. The closest comparison for YSL L'Homme I can think of is RL Romance.
    Here on Basenotes, Ralph Lauren frags have a mixed bag of reception, ranging from pretty darn good to lousy. A lot of people here do like Polo Double Black, their most recent release. Likewise, Safari for men and Polo Blue are also well regarded. Polo (original) is a love/hate scent here on the level of Kouros, Antaeus, or Angel Men.

    As for Hugo Boss frags, the reception is pretty negative, especially among European Basenoters (though a lot of American Basenoters hate them, too, for being too generic and too similar to each other).
    "It always seems impossible until it's done." -Nelson Mandela

    Support Xscentrik - The World's First Crowdfunded Fragrance Store: http://igg.me/at/xscentrik/x/11176018
    Currently wearing: Intoxicated by By Kilian

  10. #40

    Default Re: YSL L'Homme

    Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo View Post
    I'm still trying to understand your first sentence. Did you read your post after writing it?

    and you may respect your member... but your member is in your pants. probably smelling of urine and shaving cream.

    Jock with scents has pretty good taste as far as I'm concerned. He's recommended a few really good fragrances. He's among a handful with good taste and the ability to expess himself clearly.
    One of the reasons I like this place.
    I find it strange you now noticed that post after such a long period. Perhaps you are going blind?

    If you read my followup post more carefully, which I know could be difficult for your aging and senile mind, you'll notice that I apologised to JWS and made clear that I, like many others, respect his taste in fragrances.

    I'm also proud of the member in my pants, which you claimed smells of urine and shaving cream. I'm sure many other male BN'ers are proud of theirs too. But you, as a member of this fine community, have absolutely nothing to be proud of. You are an embarrassment and a shame to Basenotes with your poor taste and senseless, off-topic replies. I don't think members here expect much of you, yet you are a menace to this community.

    This is neither the first or second time you have tried to start a flame with me and I am beginning to feel frustrated being constantly harrassed by you, fredricktoo. Chris or Grant may ask me to take this to PM's because of the risk of ruining the community's reputation and I agree. You'll regret it if that ever happens, as I've had enough of your BS.
    Last edited by Shiver; 29th April 2007 at 07:20 PM.

  11. #41
    Basenotes Plus

    fredricktoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    4,511

    Default Re: YSL L'Homme

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
    I find it strange you now noticed that post after such a long period. Perhaps you are going blind?

    If you read my followup post more carefully, which I know could be difficult for your aging and senile mind, you'll notice that I apologised to JWS and made clear that I, like many others, respect his taste in fragrances.

    I'm also proud of the member in my pants, which you claimed smells of urine and shaving cream. I'm sure many other male BN'ers are proud of theirs too. But you, as a member of this fine community, have absolutely nothing to be proud of. You are an embarrassment and a shame to Basenotes with your poor taste and senseless, off-topic replies. I don't think members here expect much of you, yet you are a menace to this community.

    This is neither the first or second time you have tried to start a flame with me and I am beginning to feel frustrated being constantly harrassed by you, fredricktoo. Chris or Grant may ask me to take this to PM's because of the risk of ruining the community's reputation and I agree. You'll regret it if that ever happens, as I've had enough of your BS.
    Start a poll Shiver. Write it up as above and we'll see how the voting goes. If you win, I'll leave. If I win you leave. How come after you report other people and Grant tells you to stay on topic, you post here instead of IM's. I knew I should have never taken you off ignore.
    Start the poll. I'd love it.
    --------------------------------------
    Shiver don't forget PM's you were told once.
    PM me if you have a problem.
    Last edited by fredricktoo; 29th April 2007 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Currently wearing: Bois du Portugal by Creed

  12. #42

    Default Re: YSL L'Homme

    Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo View Post
    Start a poll Shiver. Write it up as above and we'll see how the voting goes. If you win, I'll leave. If I win you leave. How come after you report other people and Grant tells you to stay on topic, you post here instead of IM's. I knew I should have never taken you off ignore.
    Start the poll. I'd love it.
    --------------------------------------
    Shiver don't forget PM's you were told once.
    PM me if you have a problem.
    So now you want to play games with me? Start a poll? You have to be insane. I'd also like to know who's the "people" I reported. It looks like Peter V, according to you, is more than one person?

    You're a joke, fredricktoo. I don't play games with lunatics.
    Last edited by Shiver; 29th April 2007 at 11:45 PM.

  13. #43
    Basenotes Plus

    fredricktoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    4,511

    Default Re: YSL L'Homme

    PM's Shiver

    I've never tried YSL L'Homme

    I like cologne
    Currently wearing: Bois du Portugal by Creed

Similar Threads

  1. YSL L'HOMME vs. Lancome Hypnose
    By KiatBkk in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 19th December 2007, 07:07 AM
  2. I just got a YSL L'Homme promo postcard...
    By Serpent in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10th August 2006, 11:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000