Code of Conduct

Default SL's Fleurs de Citronnier

hi.. just re-posting.. no comments or suggestions on this topic ?? sob sob .. maybe no one likes this scent ??

for those who have tried or used (and hopefully love) Serge Lutens' Fleurs de Citronnier, got two questions..

does anyone know of any other perfume with a longer lasting version of FDC's opening which i thought was really amazing but short lived because of the drydown.. the scent that one website calls "The opening is slap-on-the-face sharp, with soapy neroli over a hint of citrus"

and does anyone know any other great 'white flowers' scent as in FDC's base scent? cant explain, just nothing too sweet please.. i think SL's Fleurs d'Oranger is addictive but i just cant wear it on me, i think it may be too girly for me white blossoms.. maybe even white orchids.. haha, does that have a scent? but i love it

thanks !!
    -charles

Default Re: SL's Fleurs de Citronnier

I don't know of any other scents that can replicate that for you. I agree that FdeC is beautiful, but I think too femenine for me. I also sort of wish there was one that had Tubereuse Criminelle's opening without the (beautiful, but not for me wearable) tuberose finish.

Basenotes Institution

I'm wearing this today (from a sample), I've tested it twice and both times it is SO FLORAL. It does for lemon blossom/neroli what A La Nuit does for jasmine. Powerful, intoxicating, overwhelming flowers are filling my nose. Wow!

I smell a LOT of neroli. The tuberose peeks out from underneath the blanket of neroli/lemon blossom, but not for long.

I also want to say this: Serge Lutens florals for the most part, smell like the actual flowers in the ground, alive. Which IMO makes them so special. FdC could've easily transitioned into a 'floral' scent, but it hasn't. Instead it still smells like a flower.

However wearing this is about as easy as asking a guy to wear lip gloss. Not easy at all.

((looking around to see who's smelling my sillage))
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 13th October 2008 at 08:34 PM.

Hello cmk20,

I would definately suggest trying Kenzo "Power", as I decided to try both on my skin, as a result of this question. Although both have their small differences, I would definately ay that there are enough similarities to keep you interested, and the Kenzo Power has good lastability too.

It i availabl at most department stores, so should not be too hard to sample now.

Good luk, and let me know what you think if you get to try it!

I was rather fascinated with this one as well. It's a good example of a fragrance you might like (which I actually do) but have issues with the sillage it produces and the kind of gender message it might be sending. I think it bears a resemblance to Fleur du Male. I wouldn't buy this one blind though.

I can't recommend anything to replicate the topnotes, but FdC uses the same musk base as Clair de Musc, so that might be worth trying.

I "like" FdC, but I couldn't wear it all day. I find it very strong for something that comes across as so light...if that makes sense.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    I "like" FdC, but I couldn't wear it all day. I find it very strong for something that comes across as so light...if that makes sense.
    Oh yes, that makes sense.

It's positively fluorescent isn't it? Like those high wattage bulbs at Clinique counters in department stores.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Oh yes, that makes sense.

It's positively fluorescent isn't it? Like those high wattage bulbs at Clinique counters in department stores.
    Exactly. I played it off as just a floral eau de cologne at first, but it's quite the opposite. The musk note in the base must have lasted at least a day on my skin...so long I found it a bit nausiating. I prefer the softness of Clair de Musc for that reason.