Code of Conduct

Default Big Discount / Rive gauche- any one had this problem before?

Hey folks,

I ordered Rive gauche Eau De Toilette Spray 4.2 Oz TESTER from Big Discount and found the bottle a little light in weight. It does not feel like a 4.2 oz bottle ought to feel.

It wasnt even sprayed from for sure - because I had to pump a few times for the liquod to spray.

Has anyone had a problem like this before?

Default Re: Big Discount / Rive gauche- any one had this problem before?

I have the same sized bottle, from a different retailer. I would venture that there is nothing to worry about. Mine felt empty, as did the testers I tried, prior to purchasing, yet it has been ok for the two years I have had it. The can is deceptive, when used to glass.

Yes, this has been mentioned before on the forum. Rive Gauche bottles are the lightest fragrance bottles out there. It feels light as a feather for some reason.

Thanks for your replies...I can rest in peace now with my bottle...now off to get a bottle of M7- those YSL nuts seem to have taken it off shelves ..and i cant seem to get a good deal anywhere on the internet

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr16 View Post
    Thanks for your replies...I can rest in peace now with my bottle...now off to get a bottle of M7- those YSL nuts seem to have taken it off shelves ..and i cant seem to get a good deal anywhere on the internet
    Try UK ebay. Legimate sellers offering both M7 and M7 fresh at decent prices. Failing that, a UK based retailer, via the web.

Basenotes Plus

Rive Gauche and Montale Greyland are just two which come in large metallic containers and when shaken appear to be partially full. I was in Big Discount's warehouse a few weeks ago. I have met the owner several times and if you have a legitimate problem I will discuss it with him personally for you.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I have had about a half dozen successful orders from BigDiscount. All have been good.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Thank you all for your replies and offers for help.

I really appreciate the gesture.

Thanks Stugui and kbe. I just looked at all 53 pages of BD's male frags. Very impressive, especially the Creeds!

I 'jined' up too.

Dan
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe

That's because of the aluminum bottle; alluminum is really light in weight! I was surprised too, but it's fine.

I just received my order from BigDiscount, and I couldn't be more pleased. I ordered Le 3e Homme, Gucci Envy (tester), and Terre d'Hermes(tester). All three arrived in great shape within 6 days of the order placement. Tracking info was provided. Questions about the testers were answered promptly and courteously. They even threw in a couple of samples.

I would not hesitate to order from them again and again.

_____
    John

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr16 View Post
    Hey folks,

I ordered Rive gauche Eau De Toilette Spray 4.2 Oz TESTER from Big Discount and found the bottle a little light in weight. It does not feel like a 4.2 oz bottle ought to feel.

It wasnt even sprayed from for sure - because I had to pump a few times for the liquod to spray.

Has anyone had a problem like this before?
    Like the previous posters said, the bottle is deceptively light. The fact that you had to spray a few times before any fragrance came out is a good sign - suggesting it hadn't been sprayed before. It would be more difficult to counterfeit a genuine spray with less in the bottle than it would to sell a genuine partly used bottle as 'new'.