Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Help!!! Warm Weather Scents

I am pretty new to fragrances. I have found some good cool weather scents that work but I really need some ideas on some warmer weather ones that have the most longevity. Help!

Off-Scenter

Default Re: Help!!! Warm Weather Scents

Here are a few that are probably worth trying:

Erolfa (Creed)
    Silver Mountain Water (Creed)
    Millesime Imperial (Creed)
    Green Irish Tweed (Creed)
    Philosykos (Diptyque)
    Eau du Sud (Annick Goutal)
    Baime (Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier)
    Bahiana (Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier)
    Mure et Musc (L'Artisan Parfumeur)
    Iskander (Parfum d'Empire)

Small sample vials of these and other fragrances are available through E-bay, fellow Basenoters, and some online vendors, including Aedes de Venustas and Luckyscent.

Test away, and enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome bbob from KC. My hometown. I love KC!

L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme lasts easily 12 hours on me but I can't wear it anymore - gives me a headache. I still consider it a 4-5 star frag though.

Laguna is one of my summer favorites but some may argue that it has poor longevity. I get about 4 - 6 hours out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibert View Post
    Erolfa (Creed)
    Silver Mountain Water (Creed)
    Millesime Imperial (Creed)
    Green Irish Tweed (Creed)
    Philosykos (Diptyque)
    Definitely worth trying. SMW is one of my absolute favorites. But the longevity on these is not so good - with the exception of GIT and Erolfa - maybe a little better than the others.
    Last edited by MadScientist; 6th April 2007 at 04:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, Warm weather scents. I'm just now trying out Miller Harris Citron Citron. Amazing scent. Since I just received it, I'm not sure about the longevity, but I have high hopes. Same can be said for Creeds Neroli Sauvage. Wonderful, but I haven't been able to test its longevity. Kouros Fraicheur, Terre D'Hermes, and Creed SMW are some of my favorite summer scents and have amazing longevity on me and would be worth testing out. For those cool summer night though, its gonna be Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir for me this year. The dry down is amazing and It gets great longevity on my skin.

With most of my summer scents though, I do lightly re-apply them after about a half hour. Really seems to help with the longevity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey! Greetings from Overland Park!!!

I heartily second the Creed SMW and L'eau D'Issey suggestions.

Here are some more:

Mugler Cologne - It's a light and soapy frag, but it lasts longer than one might expect

Clinique Happy - Bright and citrusy, probably my favorite summertime frag. This one seems to fade quickly, though, but I compensate by adding a few more sprays

Halston Unbound - fresh and melony, lasts awhile & can be found at Marshall's/TJ Maxx for $10!!!

Kenneth Cole Reaction - another fresh and melony one, & I also get a grassy vibe from it. Again, this one can tend to disappear, so I just add more sprays

Chanel Allure Sport - citrusy and kind of creamy, lasts and projects quite a bit

Hope this helps!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Post Thanks / Like

I was trudging through an extremely hot Europe nearly two years ago, and most of my scents conked out. The only one that just kept going and going was Azzarro's Chrome, a citrusy lavender scent perfect for warm to hot weather. Unlike the others, it wouldn't wash away with perspiration.

Salvador Dali's Laguna was my second longest lasting.

Other good ones I like with good lasting power in less severe summer circumstances include Tommy T, Versace Green Jeans, Halston Unbound, L'Eau D'Issey, Kenzo Homme, Aqua di Portofino, Rochas Aquaman, Rochas Lui, Nautica Latitude Longitude, Michael Jordan Cologne.

Before buying any scent, spray some on the back of your hand and walk away. If it's still there with some strength after 3 hours, there's a good probability it'll last most of the day on you. If it's weak or totally gone by the three hour mark, don't bother with it - your skin and it are not meant for each other.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 11th April 2007 at 01:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the L' eau Dissey comment as well as using Allure Sport by Chanel.

Also remember, IMHO anything with SPORT at the end of the name is or should be a light "on the move" type of cologne.

I've learned a lot from this website and one of them is the Daytime/ Nightime colognes.

I smelled the classic POLO SPORT just 2 weeks ago! came out in 93' but it's a classic Sport cologne...add that one to Allure and L.E. dissey. Dissey..is a light warm weather feel cologne along with Allure...but the lady over the counter at Nordstrom's told me EVERYONE old and young men wear Allure a lot now. However, I like it...I would use that in place of Aqua Di Gio.

Light fragrances you cant miss for warm weather. The Aqua Di Gio's, the L'Eau Dissey's, Allure Sport, Polo Sport.

If you go to a dept store like Nordstroms or Bloomingdales, try those out and stay away from the Macy's annoying spray ladies! They tried to get me at Roosevelt Field this weekend, the woman at Nordstroms are behind a long counter seperated from the main entrance AND their classy, they dont bother you with sprays. A good experience IMHO.

Remember this: I think that nighttime scents should be "dark" or "a little spicy and musky" .....Heavy if you will. You smell it immediately, the daytime are "Cheery" sometimes "Office-y"...stuff YOU KNOW you can sweat a bit with and NOT feel like your wasting good cologne.

It isn't hard...good luck and let us know what you got!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Help!!! Warm Weather Scents

Hey thanks for all the great input! I will definitely look into them but I must say longevity is really an issue for me. Here's to looking. I'm just like a kid in a candy store.
    I have read in Plato and Cicero sayings that are wise and very beautiful; but I have never read in either of them: Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden.'' --Saint Augustine

“Hastiness and superficiality are the psychic diseases of the twentieth century, and more than anywhere else this disease is reflected in the press.”--Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Post Thanks / Like

Jicky!
    Now I know it has a certain...how to put it... funky quality thanks to a good dollop of civet, but it lasts well and is fabulous for warm weather with all the lemon and lavender.

And can Sean Connery be wrong?
    Last edited by Wordbird; 17th April 2007 at 09:17 PM.

I got a new one today that I think is decidedly summery - it's an oldie but goodie. Guerlain's Champs Elysees. Peaches, violet, dries down to a lovely soft musk. Lasts ages (on me anyway!). I'm more impressed with it after 7 hours...it just keeps getting better and better. It's a sophisticated, yet young and bright fragrance. Starts off like a sparkling wine, then goes floral, then as I said musky - at no stage is it unpleasant (to my nose anyway!). It's going to be one of my most used summer fragrances this year I think.
    Last edited by Clemmie; 17th April 2007 at 09:21 PM.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

My suggestions for warm weather are Soleil de Capri by Montale and Eau de Cartier. My husband wears both and they are perfect for hot days or evenings.

Quote Originally Posted by parisa View Post
    Hi,

My suggestions for warm weather are Soleil de Capri by Montale and Eau de Cartier. My husband wears both and they are perfect for hot days or evenings.

Oh yes, Eau de Cartier is one of my faves also. Lovely unisex fragrance, very fresh and unique.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Post Thanks / Like

Annick Goutal´s L´Eau de Hadrien!!!!!
    :toppie:

Post Thanks / Like

I like Bay Rum in the warm weather, as it tends to "re-fire" on it's own throughout the day. There are a few out there. Trumper makes a nice one...

Best regards,
    Mike