Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: >>>> Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, April 14 >>>>FLORALS

I used today as an excuse to catch up on a few of my floral samples.

Divine LíAme Súur- notes of aldehydes, rose, jasmine, and ylang-ylang and ambergris
    Iím sure it is well blended of fine quality essences but this just didnít capture my interest

Caron Narcisse Noir- Do I need to duck and cover before I admit that this classic doesnít do it for me. I found N. Blanc so overwhelmingly sweet that I may not even give it a 2nd try. But I tried N. Noir for the 2nd time today and it just doesnít grab me. I expected sultry floral with a lot of animal skank, but on me it was just pleasant flowers with a touch of civet.

Divine by Divine- notes of peach, coriander, gardenia, Indian tuberose, May rose, oak moss, musk, vanilla, spice
    This is my 2nd try of this. The first time I wore it to bed and fell asleep in a billowing opulent floral cloud and thought I had missed the base notes. Today I was awake so I saw that the base on this is not terribly persistent, but I have found my grand floral. Regrettably the sample vial with one good dose left jumped out of my fingers and splattered the carpet, so Iím one step closer to a purchase than I would otherwise be, but it was only a matter of time. I am not generally drawn to gardenia, usually bring out the worst in tuberose, and am often indifferent to rose scents, but I really love this. Luca Turin calls it a floral-animalic, ozMos classifies it as a chypre- fruity, but Iíve seen it reviewed as a white floral .Go figure.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Thanks, everybody. I know I've added new "must smells" to my list thanks to your descriptions.

Please feel free to drop petals of thought in this thread as need-be (notice how we didn't have any gentlemen jumping in on florals day?).

See you next month with fruity scents!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

would you believe I came down with a migrane on Friday night, and had it all weekend?? So I didn't get to wear a floral on Saturday...but I'll definitely be wearing one today, so I'll post my 2 cents a little later

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy_liv View Post
    would you believe I came down with a migrane on Friday night, and had it all weekend?? So I didn't get to wear a floral on Saturday...but I'll definitely be wearing one today, so I'll post my 2 cents a little later
    Oh! Ouch! That's awful. Hope you didn't have anything more pressing than our SnS you were committed to.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy_liv View Post
    Ooooohhhh. Poor Badger! Hope you're up and bouncing again. :bounce: (My boss has been using soy to treat her migraines and hasn't had one in the three years she's been doing it. Have you tried?)

Meanwhile we'll sit up with you and await your report.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Oh! Ouch! That's awful. Hope you didn't have anything more pressing than our SnS you were committed to.
    Actually, I had a skit to perform at church on Sunday morning...and even though I wasn't feeling any better, I did it anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Ooooohhhh. Poor Badger! Hope you're up and bouncing again. :bounce: (My boss has been using soy to treat her migraines and hasn't had one in the three years she's been doing it. Have you tried?)
    No, I haven't tried soy for my migranes (not really a big soy fan! lol) My "treatment" is basically to sleep it off...it always works.

Anyway, onto my SnS...I decided to try a fragrance that I received a sample of a few weeks ago...Aimez-Moi by Caron

I've read 2 different sources saying 2 different things about this scent - one saying it's a Floriental (OsMoz), the other saying it's a Rich Soft Floral (Michael Edwards Fragrance Directory)...I don't know...I just know it has flowers in it :P

Notes (according to OsMoz)
    Top note : Bergamot, Anise, Mint, Cardamom
    Middle note : Violet, Magnolia, Jasmine, Rose
    Base note : Orris, Heliotrope, Tolu, Vanilla

For the first 5 minutes, nothing really stood out to me...I could tell there was a nice mix of flowers in there, and there was a bit of a green hint to it too.
    After 15 minutes, the mint was really strong, but there was no one flower standing out - they all pretty much blended.
    After half an hour, the floral side was taking over - particularly the violet & magnolia. The mint was still there, but nowhere near as strong as earlier.
    One hour had passed...the violet/magnolia mix had completely taken over - no mint or anything else in sight (or smell...lol)
    Half an hour later, everything had faded a lot!! The flowers were still there, though very faint, and mixed with vanilla - smelling a bit "powdery". It stayed this way until it faded - altogether lasting 3 and a bit hours.

It's not a bad scent - not one of my favourites though. If someone gave me a full bottle, I'd happily accept it, but I don't think it's full-bottle worthy for me.

I'm very grateful to my Basenote friend, who shall remain anonymous, for sending me this and a few other scents that I can't wait to try!!!!