Code of Conduct

Default SotD Tuesday 17 April

Good day everyone! (A-Team members report!!)

DIOR HOMME for me today. The weather has finally cooled down a little and it seems we're back to 'regular' Dutch spring weather.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Default Re: SotD Tuesday 17 April

Quote Originally Posted by BrothaG View Post
    Good morning Hannibal Where were you last night??
    Face finally made it to the airport, BA caused a 'red alert' with all that gold and me, poor Murdock, sitting there without you, talking to my invisible dog

So, let's give it another try today. Dressed for the occasion in

MDCI's Invasion Barbare, created by Stéphanie Bakouche

Notes: grapefruit, bergamot, violet leaves, white thyme, cardamom, lavender, ginger, cedarwood, vanilla and musk.

It was created for men and yet, a lot of women who have tried this one have fallen in love with the unusual beauty of the fragrance.
    Since LIB remarked this "can be worn by strong women ", I will have to live up to her expectations.

I am ready to invade Paris!
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Technically it's Tuesday though it's only 4 mins past midnight.
    I've layered SJP Lovely and Diptyque Tam Dao. Makes something like Passage D'Enfer! (Perfect because I breezed through my sample months ago and have been missing it lately.)
    Eryn

DIOR HOMME for me today. The weather has finally cooled down a little and it seems we're back to 'regular' Dutch spring weather.
    Here I am, boss and gang! I am not sorry to have caused the red alert with my decent hardware, THEY should adjust their damn detectors! I am ready to conquer Paris and will go straight to Mr. JAR...not only for the 'fumes, for the glitters as well

Meanwhile, I am wearing my beloved Chergui.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

What on earth should I wear today?

There's a science festival in town today and I'm going to listen to researcher Daniel Joulain from Grasse speaking about "The use of essential oils and natural extracts in fine fragrances".

What to wear? It's 20 degrees celsuis here today and the sun is shining. Too warm to wear Mitsouko vintage parfum? I feel I should something classic and french Any help appreciated:bounce:

Quote Originally Posted by julia7 View Post
    What on earth should I wear today?

There's a science festival in town today and I'm going to listen to researcher Daniel Joulain from Grasse speaking about "The use of essential oils and natural extracts in fine fragrances".

What to wear? It's 20 degrees celsuis here today and the sun is shining. Too warm to wear Mitsouko vintage parfum? I feel I should something classic and french Any help appreciated:bounce:
    Since I can't see your wardrobe I can only pick something from your signature
    En Avion? A beautiful French classic. I think Daniel Joulain will be impressed.

A sample of Fleur du Male. Not bad really, wouldn't buy it though.
    DONNA

Feeling better today and not totally anosmic anymore so I chose Chergui. I can smell it just a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    Since I can't see your wardrobe I can only pick something from your signature
    En Avion? A beautiful French classic. I think Daniel Joulain will be impressed.
    Thanks Riannon

Why isn't my wardrobe showing? Strange...

I went for a Caron but not En Avion. I feet a little bit flirty and girly today so I went with N'Aimez Que Moi.

Goodmorning! I wear Chanel's Cuir de Russie today.

Thank you all for your kind words and thanks a lot for your letter, Sestra.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Nice to see you back, lievje, and in a splendid Cuir de Russie too.

I'm in Le Maroc by Andy Tauer. It's a big one, and we're in a tussle to see who comes out on top, it or me. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    Good morning Hannibal Where were you last night??
    Face finally made it to the airport, BA caused a 'red alert' with all that gold and me, poor Murdock, sitting there without you, talking to my invisible dog
    I'm joining you right away, my howlin' mad Murdock! Missed out on your storyline last night

So, what are we up to now? Looks like all we have to do is drag Face away from the duty free area... or rob a few stores there instead? Lievje/BA.. perhaps you can knock a few men down with that gold?
    Last edited by BrothaG; 17th April 2007 at 09:50 AM.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Much cooler here in London today. Chose Hypnotic Poison which I'm wearing on my shirt and ponytail. Nice and woody on me, even away from the skin.

Glad you're feeling a bit better, Elf. And all the best to you, lievje.

CdG WoodCoffee again.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Wearing my new Hermes Eau des Merveilles today. I bought it to wear in warm weather but lately that has just been a distant dream here!
    Last edited by tdi; 17th April 2007 at 10:15 AM.

Eau des Merveilles for me this morning too; I don't get it; this is the emperors new clothes for me; too subtle, almost invisible or should I say unsmellable.

So sprayed a little " Un Lys" on my coat and went to town searching for empty decants; no luck with that; but one of the shopowners fell in love with the Lys, had to write the name and producer down for her.

Great to see you back Lievje.
    Last edited by kanutta; 17th April 2007 at 11:00 AM. Reason: orthographics

Seems like a perfect day for Domenico & Stefano Sicily. One of them cases when I wear a fragrance twice a year, but yesterday I was craving it.

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Ligea "La Sirena" by Carthusia today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

So weird that three of us on different spots on the globe would come up with Chergui on the same day!! :wave: Lady In Black and Elf!! :bounce:

(Julia - you and I have almost the same 'drobe!! I'd 'a' gone with either of the Guerlains but I bet your choice wowed 'em!!)
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Floret for this special day of my life~
    I bought 7 bottles of perfume today
    Thanks mum and dad!
    Last edited by Coconut; 17th April 2007 at 12:19 PM.

My Royal Bain de Caron/Champagne EdT arrived from Ausliebezumduft today, so that´s what I´m wearing.

A total change in the weather here, too; cold and rainy.

Happy Birthday, Coconut!
    Last edited by musse; 17th April 2007 at 01:51 PM. Reason: I suddenly saw it was Coco´s BD!
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Cedre by Serge Lutens, with one tiny dab of Jalaine Patchouly on the top of my left wrist so that I can get my fix intermittently throughout the day. This Patchouly is a scent that speaks directly to my heart and soul. Remarkable.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Aveda Chakra II Attraction today. Wish they hadn't discontinued this series - I am also alarmed to notice that my (very elderly) bottle is getting some cloudy stuff in it. Fortunately it still smells good.

Wearing Bond no. 9 Chinatown

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Thanks mum and dad!
    And I am a very bad Godmother!! Your birthday!!!

Happy birthday little one and may you stay beautiful and kind forever!

And tomorrow I want to hear that whole story! You GO girl!

Happy birthday Coconut. Do tell us what you perfumes you got today. Long may you enjoy them all.

Oh dear Coco! Happy, happy birthday! At least you can truly relax and enjoy this special day in Singapore
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Happy Birthday Coconut! Hope you got many wonderful smelling things...

Today I'm wearing Gaultier 2
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Make that 4 of us! I'm in CHERGUI today as well. Yuuummmm.......
    Last edited by spicegirl; 17th April 2007 at 02:04 PM.
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Still playing with my first round of samples from Les Senteurs...in Virginia today we're all in need of things gentle and quiet, so I'm in Musc Ravageur (with a wee bit of Tabac Blond on my wrist, because I keep trying to like it on me).

Happy Birthday to Coconut, my fellow Aries! (And thank you for your good wishes, too! You are very sweet.) Yes, please tell us what you bought!!

Today I'm wearing Creed's Spring Flowers. I thought I liked this when I tested it at Aedes, so I bought some (not at Aedes), and now that I'm wearing it I don't like it. Or else my bottle is fake. Something a little sour in it? Has anyone else experienced this?
    Seeking: woods patchouli fresh tuberose

Happy Birthday Coconut!

Nice to see a little sun break through in NJ....today I am wearing Fidji Parfum with a few light sprays of edt to top it off.

siberian barber no 1 - novaya zarya
    Wishlist is pointless.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COCONUT!!

IT"S VOL DE NUIT EDT FOR ME TODAY!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Whoo-hoo for Coconut!

Leaving for the dentist momentarily (grrrrrr). A light spray of my new Nanadebary Green is just perfect. Maybe I'll go to Sephora after, depending on how I feel.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Bois d'Armenie today.

Happy birthday CoconutI was out having a few beers yesterday,so haven't felt too well today:P Eventually put on some Initial by Boucheron, a decant from Moondeva

Happy Birthday!

Thank You my fellow basenoters. I had a great birthday. I went to the Jasina (inspired by Marlen), and bought a few things. They were the kindest and offered me discont on various items. I bought heaps... such as vintage Diorissimo parfum, Worth, Guerlain AA's Pampalume, Mitsouko, The Dragon Kiss by Cartier, Bellodogia, and Miss Balmain.

I love you all!

There was no saucey steamy story to tell, but enjoyed the stay throughoutly,

I'm wearing With Love by Hilary Duff today. It is still cold and gray here and this has the necessary warmth and sweetness that I need.
    Last edited by MorganFay; 17th April 2007 at 04:26 PM.

I am drenched in Sa Majeste La Rose, and I want to sniff myself to death.
    And Coconut? I hope you're having a splendid birthday! :-)
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline View Post
    Happy Birthday Coconut!

Nice to see a little sun break through in NJ....today I am wearing Fidji Parfum with a few light sprays of edt to top it off.

I luuuuurve Fidji. I've got the teeniest tiniest splash of it left. Really must replace soon...
    Last edited by Clemmie; 17th April 2007 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Greetings, A-Team (with a relieved welcome back to BA)!! Sorry to be MIA today, side-tracked by real-life work craziness and my kids on a week-long school vacation that requires additional logistics (never mind the Face-worthy superlative acting skills). But HAPPY BIRTHDAY, COCO and my goodness, *everyone* smells delicious (Riannon, you are wearing my very fave of the MDCI line! And somehow, I don't think you'll have a problem with the 'strong woman' bit. )

I am giving a full wearing to Neil Morris Fragrances Quest on this rainy, dreary Tuesday. Oh my. I do believe I've got a full-blown comfort scent here. According to the NMF web site, this scent is unisex, designed for the adventurous (or maybe it was audacious ) spirit in all of us. Reminds me a bit of SL Bois de Sepia... Tigs, another tree-hugging frag!

Top Notes: Calabrian Bergamot and fresh Ozone Notes
    Heart Notes: include Cut Grass and Heliotrope
    Base Notes: Myrrh, Patchouli and Precious Woods.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Happy Birthday to you, Coco!

SotE is Cuir Mauresque for me.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Happy B-Day, Coco!

I'm wearing Ellen Tracy Imagine Shimmer today.
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

Oh, what a lovely smelling birthday you have got, Coconut! Congratulations!

SotD: Cristalle bodylotion and No 19 EdP - really working!
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Thanks mum and dad!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY COCONUT!!! Can't wait to hear what you bought today!

I'm wearing L'eau D'Issey.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

KORS by Michael Kors just arrived! Boozey, rosey, incensey...YUM!

Armani Attitude.....Gary

Belated Happy Birthday Miss Coco!! Sounds like you had a marvy day!!

Am heading off to bed in the mysterious and mouthwatering Tea for Two with the uneasy suspicion that a FB is in the future!! Pleasant dreams all y'all. :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze