Code of Conduct

Default Aramis reintroducing the classics?

For years I couldn't find Devin and Aramis 900,the last time I asked about Devin was back in 1989 in Brighton on Hove and the sales lady told me that it was discontinued. Then on my trip to Singapore, I went to Jasina and saw 4 bottles of Devin and bought all of them. I must say it smelled exactly the same as it did when my dad wore it when I was in grade school. I love this scent,sweet,rich,deep,and surprisingly fresh. There were also bottles of Aramis 900 which I also love.

Now I browsed the Aramis directory and Havana is in production and Aramis 900 too?Hopefully they'll bring back Chromatics,Portos and Tuscany Forte.
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

Wink Re: Aramis reintroducing the classics?

Aramis Devin and 900 ;no problem in Holland;they are available in many stores;but Havana and JHL is another story;hope they re-introduce havana as soon as possible!

Default Re: Aramis reintroducing the classics?

Last week the Macy's at Lenox in Atlanta had Tuscany on display, first time I'd seen that.

The Estee Lauder company could do a lot worse than reintroduce the classics in the Aramis house.

Wow, I hope so. I had been considering starting a thread called "Petition Aramis to bring back Havana". Maybe they will do it on their own and not need prompting. I still think its a worthy idea. J.H.L. needs to stay available forever as well.

Please, Aramis (Estee Lauder Co.), hear our pleas!

Quote Originally Posted by abimanyu View Post
    Now I browsed the Aramis directory and Havana is in production and Aramis 900 too?Hopefully they'll bring back Chromatics,Portos and Tuscany Forte.
    "Aramis directory"? "Havana is in production..."?

Where do you see this?

I've always seen 900, Devin, and JHL regularly at Bloomingdales. I see an occasional bottle of New West at Nordstroms. Havana isn't sold in the US but recently someone said it is easily available in South Africa.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Yup, i check the directory,no skull and bones by Havana,check it out. Estee Lauder,why reinvent the wheel by introducing Always,Life and derivatives of them. Just reintroduce Havana,Chromatics,Havana Reserva,Tuscany Forte and I bet that they will fly off the shelves!
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.

Havana, 900, Tuscany and New West are pretty readily available here, although not always in 100ml sizes (usually 50ml).

I tried New West for the first time recently, and was surprised that it was one of the "mystery scents" I had smelled before and made a mental note to identify. Very pleasing fresh herbal type smell . . .

Tuscany is, IMO, very good, too. I also hadn't smelled it until a couple of weeks ago.

Aramis have quite an incredible variety of well-priced stand-outs, for a single house.

I would offer to send some bottles to keen Basenoters, but our international courier and postage charges are really quite horrific . . .
    Last edited by ryanm; 11th April 2007 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by abimanyu View Post
    Yup, i check the directory,no skull and bones by Havana,check it out.
    The BN directory is not the official word. JHL was claimed to be discontinued on the BN directory for a long time until someone (probably Grant) got the word that it is not discontinued, only in limited production.

I have seen several posts that claim Havana is still available in South Africa. This does not mean it is still in production. I have seen no posts here or any information anywhere that would convince me that it is still in production anywhere.

a glimmer of hope that it is possible to get it,unlike furyo,ho hang club,carven vetiver dry,blend 30

Can confirm as of two nights ago, Bloomingdales on 59th and Lex had plenty of Devin , 900 and quite a bit of JHL along with Aramis paterfamilius (1965). I almost reflexively beought JHL, but remembered I had come in to sample Kiton Black, so no. All looks well at the Aramis counter circa 1988.

Joe
    Last edited by Joe_Frances; 15th April 2007 at 08:06 PM.

Devin, 900 and Tuscany are readily available in many UK department stores. Always have been.

I spotted a lot of New West and Havana in Cape Town at the end of last year. When I picked up a Havana tester and asked one assistant about it, she said it had been discontinued. It may be just the remaining stocks that the stores are running down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    I spotted a lot of New West and Havana in Cape Town at the end of last year. When I picked up a Havana tester and asked one assistant about it, she said it had been discontinued. It may be just the remaining stocks that the stores are running down.
    Weird - I asked a sales assistant, and she said it definitely had not been discontinued - they are still receiving fresh stock regularly, although the quantities are smaller. The source is marked as Kyalami (in our Gauteng province). 100ml bottles of Havana don't seem to be available, though, although New West is available in both sizes.

I'm only hoping for a wide re-launch of Tuscany and Tuscany uomo forte.

Hopefully they won't mess with the formula!.

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux View Post
    I'm only hoping for a wide re-launch of Tuscany and Tuscany uomo forte.

Hopefully they won't mess with the formula!.
    Tuscany is easy to find. I got a 3.4 oz bottle for $25 at Costco a few weeks ago. I do hope they bring Forte back.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!