Code of Conduct

Default Nutty, milky, warm fragrance suggestions please

I recently bought The Body Shop's Brazil Nut Body Butter and it is heavenly. I thought it would be a great idea to find a fragrance that could match it. Any suggestions anyone?

Default Re: Nutty, milky, warm fragrance suggestions please

I would suggest you look into 2 L'Artisans. They are Mechant Loup and Jour de Fete. The first smells to me like trees, nuts, and smoothe creamy oriental notes. The second is less creamy but has an outstanding almond flavor to it and is quite pleasing to the nose. Check those out!

Thanks EnvYus I shall.

I'd perhaps give Clinique Simply a try? It has a soymilk note, and I would definitely characterise it as 'warm'.
    Last edited by ozkat; 11th April 2007 at 03:41 PM.

Blog Entries

Diesel Plus Plus Feminine is the perfect scent to compliment TBS Brazil Nut Body Butter.

Top Notes: Bergamot, Passionfruit, Green Leaves, Fantasy Fruit notes
    Heart Notes: Lily of the Valley, Jasmine, Milk Notes, Milk Extracts
    Base Notes: Vanilla, Musk, Tonka Bean, Sandalwood

You need to try this scent on the skin and give it a 1/2 hour or so to mellow and develop. It can seem too strong and not soft / creamy at the beginning but it will settle down nicely. A nice affordable comfort scent.

TBS Cosy Cashmere is a lighter, fresher version of the same theme.
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Basenotes Institution

Ava Luxe has a fragrance called 'Milk' - haven't sniffed it, but you can buy a sample from them, from their website.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Ava Luxe has a fragrance called 'Milk' - haven't sniffed it, but you can buy a sample from them, from their website.
    Ava Luxe Milk is a very cosy, gourmand comfort scent! Smells just like sweetened condensed milk. Not nutty but very cosy - a great comfort scent!

You may also like Love's Truish Blue Light from the same line. It is a less sweet soft cosy, milky musk.

Kama or Kama Xtreme is a nutty (due to pure cedarwood EO) animalic musk which is also worth trying. Not sweet but it would compliment the nutty aspect of the Brazil Nut Body Butter very well.

Checkout Sweet Patchouli, Fig Wood and Sweet Amber Wood as well.

Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Hi Mochachoc! It sounds to me like Comptoir Sud Pacifique Matin Calin may be a good match for you. I recommend getting a sample to try

Hi Mochachoc...

Im not sure if you're after fragrances for a specific gender, but Givenchy's 'Very Irresistable' for men is very hazelnutty, - or alternately, fragrances such as Bvlgari 'Omnia' for women has a milky white chocolate note. Boucheron 'Trouble' for women also boasts somewhat of a milky accord as well.

All worth a sniff!
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 11th April 2007 at 06:18 PM. Reason: typo

Smile Re: Nutty, milky, warm fragrance suggestions please

Quote Originally Posted by moondeva View Post
    Diesel Plus Plus Feminine is the perfect scent to compliment TBS Brazil Nut Body Butter.

Top Notes: Bergamot, Passionfruit, Green Leaves, Fantasy Fruit notes
    Heart Notes: Lily of the Valley, Jasmine, Milk Notes, Milk Extracts
    Base Notes: Vanilla, Musk, Tonka Bean, Sandalwood

You need to try this scent on the skin and give it a 1/2 hour or so to mellow and develop. It can seem too strong and not soft / creamy at the beginning but it will settle down nicely. A nice affordable comfort scent.

TBS Cosy Cashmere is a lighter, fresher version of the same theme.
    Hhm this sounds perfect. Thanks guys for all your suggestions. I've been intorduced to scents I've never heard of.

I totally agree with Dimitri on his suggestions.I find Omnia nutty and soft,Trouble by boucheron somehow a bit milky/soft.

Try marc jacobs or the new Ckin2u for men.

Milky, nutty, or soft/warm:

-Comptoir Sud Pacifique Matlin Calin
    -Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Amande
    -L'Artisan Ambre Extreme
    -Victoria's Secret Sweet Craving
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

Off-Scenter

Thumbs up Re: Nutty, milky, warm fragrance suggestions please

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS View Post
    I would suggest you look into 2 L'Artisans. They are Mechant Loup and Jour de Fete. The first smells to me like trees, nuts, and smoothe creamy oriental notes. The second is less creamy but has an outstanding almond flavor to it and is quite pleasing to the nose. Check those out!
    I second! Mechant Loup in particular is a must-try for nut lovers. Another nutty fragrance from L'Artisan Parfumeur is Bois Farine, which for better or worse, reminds many reviewers of peanut butter.

On the almond front, there's Datura Noir, from Serge Lutens. It's not as warm, with more of a floral bent, but the almond is very present.
    Last edited by Off-Scenter; 14th April 2007 at 05:55 PM.

I dont like Mechant Loup but I agree that its a nutty fragrance.

I get milky aspects out of Chanel Allure pour homme as well.
    -

I suspect Matin Calan and Milk will be too sweet for you--they're yummy Carnation Sweetened condensed milk types. Mechant Loup is honeyed anise on cedar, a bit aromatic and pretty far from Brazil Nut (also my fav, along with Satsuma and Olive."

I've never tried the Diesil recommended, but I can second the Cozy Cashmere--I was looking for this scent as well, and got three bottles of CC on sale. moondeva is on the money!

My new recommendation is Ojon hair restorative. I'm not kidding in the least. I got some off QVC for my hair--an overnight treatment to wash out the next day. They commented the pillows would smell, but they kinda liked it.

What an understatement! I never waste this stuff on my hair! Rather I rub it in on my skin-- elbows, arms, ect, as an intensely scented moisturizer that functions as a solid perfume. It is a tropical nut, crushed and extracted in wooden pots, supposedly by native tribespeople over an open fire. It doesn't have the faint floral note that softens my Brazil Nut, but it is nutty, smoky, woody, creamy, soft--everything I love in Brazil Nut amplified times ten. I mean it's divine!
    Last edited by Shycat; 14th April 2007 at 10:41 PM.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Bois farine...it's sublime scent...
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel