Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Lancome Hypnose now at Macy's

Caught a whiff of this, and it seemed really sweet. Didn't smell anything like Miracle or L'Aquatonic. Seemed interesting though. They didn't have any samples so I'll be back in a few weeks when they do.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New Lancome Hypnose now at Macy's

I sniffed this at Von Maur while Basenotes was down... it reminded me of something familiar. But it was nice.
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I just smelled this at Dillard's. I did a side-by-side with Armani Attitude and I preferred Attitude. Hypnose, to me, lacked a certain spark. There was no "zip". It smelled nice, but reminds me of Cuiron in terms of presentation, not actual smell. It's sort of just there, with no "wow, that's nice!" type of reaction.

To each his own.

I just picked this up at Lord & Taylors today. I find it very nice. Not a stunner, but nice. It kinda reminds me of one of the Jack Black scents ... I think Black Mark. Stays close to the skin and is very subtle. I think it would be a very good office or airplane scent.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

I caught a quick whiff at the Dillard's Lancome counter ... it wasn't available for purchase yet. It was a little sweet, and had a very nice cardamom note. The SA made a little sample for me to take home, but i've not worn it for a full day yet.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I tried and liked....made a purchase....Very Nice Scent....Gary

smells like sweet corn tortillas. but liek others said, it lacks some spark. not for the young crowd

Post Thanks / Like

I tried this the other day and was really impressed with it. Very sweet and maybe a little powderey. Also, it doesnt have that "cologney" vibe alot of mens scents do. The bottle is really awesome too.
    Awesomeguy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    I sniffed this at Von Maur while Basenotes was down... it reminded me of something familiar. But it was nice.
    I've been using my sample for three days. That familiar something is Fahrenheit, or Quimbaya Homme. But in a much better version, and it's just the top notes. And already at the beginnings in the background definitely there is a sweet counterpart lingering. Which is getting slowly prominent. The longevity is medium, that sweet drydown is rather wearable. For me the best new scent for quite a long time.
    I would say it's along the Prada line, but way better.