Code of Conduct

Default Just bought Virgin Island Water--quick review

Hey guys,

I just did something I swore I'd never do... I paid (gulp) retail for a bottle of Creed.

I went to Neimans and tried out the new Creed Virgin Island Water. I'd been wanting to sniff it for a while and today I just had to get it done.

First impression on skin-- coconut all the way. I liked it. I like coconut.

I spent some time talking to the SA and trying out other scents while the VIW was on my wrist. Then a few minutes later, I got the lime (backwards I know--most people get the lime first). Holy crap! That is an AMAZING lime smell. Just like the smell of fresh cut limes on your fingers. The best lime I've ever experienced.

Then I get something milky. Besides the coconut. I can pinpoint this exact edible note as something I detected in B*Men (though VIW is nothing like B*Men-- there is just this one mutual note I'm getting). I also get the ylang ylang which does push this scent a little toward the feminine --which I bring up also because of the bottle that VIW comes in-- it's the "men's style of bottle, but on the top of the cap, the Creed crest is not inlayed in a round shape like all the others, but rather in a square "button" like the womens' I think. Strange. The bottle is really attractive and classy-- the only downside is the curse of the Creed "leaky sprayer" that causes the juice to sometimes run down the side of the bottle. usually this only happens with my newer bottles-- once I've had them for a while, this problem subsides. (Of course, getting this stuff all over your hands is refreshing--like squeezing limes.)

As many have pointed out before, the drydown and constant reappearance of notes at random is startling and unpredictable. Different facets of this fragrance come and go as if breezes were coming every five minutes from a different direction. I've NEVER experienced a fragrance with this phenomenon. I think the Creed boys really nailed the effect they were looking for with this one--It doesn't smell like a unidimensional fragrance. It smells like different smells coming from all directions.

The one "downer" about this fragrance is that sometimes there is that buttered popcorn note always kind of lingering in the shadows-- but it makes sense since coconut oil is what movie theaters use for their popcorn. So this aspect gives VIW its suntan oil aspect. Still though, because all the notes blow around in like hundred dollar bills in one of those game show cash booths, you're always getting different things. And it all balances out. Later in the drydown I start to get the ginger and rum notes. This is really a dynamic fragrance.

It was painful that I had to pay $225 retail for it since it isn't available anywhere else at a discount at the time, but I look at it like this-- I wear my Creeds more than anything else I have. They never go out of my rotation. Plus since Virgin Island Water is such a seductive fragrance and it smells like limes, rum and all that other drink related stuff--with me being a bartender, maybe it will pay for itself in bigger tips !

This is going to be really nice to wear on warm days outdoors. It's VERY different from most of the usual Creed line, but it's every bit as refined with attention to detail. A very solid and unique addition to my wardrobe.

Virgin Island Water rocks!

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Just bought Virgin Island Water--quick review

Great review - must agree with you that it's one of the best Creeds. I do not get the 'buttered popcorn' note you mentioned...but got blasts of salty beach air and that on again-off again coconut note that was quite mesmerizing.

Enjoy your full bottle (I'm jealous!) - I have to make do with a little decant bottle that I'm spraying VERY sparingly.

That excellent lime note is very similar to the one in Feuille Verte (well atleast some part of that limited edition frag makes an appearance in a new release).

I dont get any buttered popcorn or suntan oil smell in this (for that, try Tom Ford Azuree Soleil, a pretty good frag for its price). What I get are whiffs of coconut infused lime and a boozy note...and it is quite multifarious in its effect and I like it !

I used up my 5ml decant fast and might breakdown and shell out the big bucks for this ..
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    Hey guys,

I just did something I swore I'd never do... I paid (gulp) retail for a bottle of Creed.

I went to Neimans and tried out the new Creed Virgin Island Water. I'd been wanting to sniff it for a while and today I just had to get it done.

First impression on skin-- coconut all the way. I liked it. I like coconut.

I spent some time talking to the SA and trying out other scents while the VIW was on my wrist. Then a few minutes later, I got the lime (backwards I know--most people get the lime first). Holy crap! That is an AMAZING lime smell. Just like the smell of fresh cut limes on your fingers. The best lime I've ever experienced.

Then I get something milky. Besides the coconut. I can pinpoint this exact edible note as something I detected in B*Men (though VIW is nothing like B*Men-- there is just this one mutual note I'm getting). I also get the ylang ylang which does push this scent a little toward the feminine --which I bring up also because of the bottle that VIW comes in-- it's the "men's style of bottle, but on the top of the cap, the Creed crest is not inlayed in a round shape like all the others, but rather in a square "button" like the womens' I think. Strange. The bottle is really attractive and classy-- the only downside is the curse of the Creed "leaky sprayer" that causes the juice to sometimes run down the side of the bottle. usually this only happens with my newer bottles-- once I've had them for a while, this problem subsides. (Of course, getting this stuff all over your hands is refreshing--like squeezing limes.)

As many have pointed out before, the drydown and constant reappearance of notes at random is startling and unpredictable. Different facets of this fragrance come and go as if breezes were coming every five minutes from a different direction. I've NEVER experienced a fragrance with this phenomenon. I think the Creed boys really nailed the effect they were looking for with this one--It doesn't smell like a unidimensional fragrance. It smells like different smells coming from all directions.

The one "downer" about this fragrance is that sometimes there is that buttered popcorn note always kind of lingering in the shadows-- but it makes sense since coconut oil is what movie theaters use for their popcorn. So this aspect gives VIW its suntan oil aspect. Still though, because all the notes blow around in like hundred dollar bills in one of those game show cash booths, you're always getting different things. And it all balances out. Later in the drydown I start to get the ginger and rum notes. This is really a dynamic fragrance.

It was painful that I had to pay $225 retail for it since it isn't available anywhere else at a discount at the time, but I look at it like this-- I wear my Creeds more than anything else I have. They never go out of my rotation. Plus since Virgin Island Water is such a seductive fragrance and it smells like limes, rum and all that other drink related stuff--with me being a bartender, maybe it will pay for itself in bigger tips !

This is going to be really nice to wear on warm days outdoors. It's VERY different from most of the usual Creed line, but it's every bit as refined with attention to detail. A very solid and unique addition to my wardrobe.

Virgin Island Water rocks!

I completely agree about the lime. I would love to have that lime alone in a frag. Unfortunately, it must be coconut scents that I just cant handle wearing on myself. It seems to make me nauseous. If you haven't already, try out Aramis Bermuda Tonic and let me know what you think of that. It puts me in the same frame of mind as VIW.

The buttered popcorn smell comparison is very astute. I am surprised to hear that comparison anymore. My first job was as an usher and they, along with most other theaters were making the switch to canola (saturated fat scare in the 90's). Maybe places are switching back.

Your review of this makes me want a full-size bottle of this. RIGHT NOW!!!!!
    Awesomeguy

Wow. That is an amazing review and completely spot-on. I had the opportunity to sample VIW this last week and was totally blown away by every note. Talk about master-craftsmanship. Taking into account that it is hard (see nowhere) to find on the internet, I will probably have to pay retail price as well.

Great Review, thanks! Sounds wonderful...I plan on trying it this Friday at Nordstrom. I won't, however, be paying retail. $225...ouch! Guess I'll be waiting until this one hits the discounters. No VIW for me this summer. Boo hoo.

Thanks for the great review . I would be grateful if you could let me know: does VIW actually have an aquatic note?
    Thanks.
    "Dont try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I got 5 sample vials of this when I bought my AdP from Neiman's...after 1 month of solid testing...nah. Definitely feminine, definitely suntan-like, definitely not for me. This is coming from someone who owns 5+ Creed bottles.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher View Post
    I got 5 sample vials of this when I bought my AdP from Neiman's...after 1 month of solid testing...nah. Definitely feminine, definitely suntan-like, definitely not for me.
    Not for me either. I don't consider it "definitely" feminine but it's DEFINITELY NOT masculine. I got the slightest hint of the fore mentioned limes ... but, to me ... it's still dominated by the "coconutty suntan lotion" aroma.

I do think it's a well made scent and smells great. But I feel the same way about Serge Lutens Datura Noir. I could never wear it because it leans way too much toward feminine, but it smells fantastic.

Can anyone comment on whether or not there are any similarities between this and the new Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts? St. Barts was the only new fragrance that I've found the least bit interesting... it has a very pleasing lime note in it, though I'd imagine the Creed's is even better. Gawd I'd really like to try VIW!

I just wanted to do a follow up on how it went after my first full day of wearing...

Man, this stuff was unbelievably good for work (But mind you I work in a bar, not an office so results may vary). I put ONE SPRAY on my chest under my shirt at 5PM and was still getting whiffs of it at 10PM --At which point I reapplied some not because it had worn off, but just because I wanted to sniff the topnotes again.

What I could not believe was just how long that lime note lasted. I'm telling you--This stuff was neither too loud or too weak. I didn't get any actual compliments on it yet, but I could tell when I had to lean in close to people that they could detect it and that they liked it. And it was awesome the way that lime note kept popping up, making me feel refreshed the whole night.

To answer Hirch Duckfinder's question as to "is there an aquatic note?" Well, I don't know. Definitely not like MI or Erolfa. There could be one I suppose. The fragrance does smell very tropical. While this scent isn't really masculine, I don't think it's too feminine either. It's no Tabarome, but there's nothing girly about it to my nose either.

Not an everyday kind of scent for me (I probably wear Silver Mountain Water more often than any other scent-- I feel really comfortable in it, and it's like a second skin), but it's one that given the right weather and circumstances, I will reach for first.

Man, I hope It's sunny in the morning!

Your review makes me want to try VIW on the skin now, even though the fragrance itself doesn't sound like my style. Feuille Verte has those amazing lime top notes as well. The base of FV is jasmine absolute, but yet the rich, green oakmoss and bulgarian rose notes keep reappearing throughout the wearing. It's much like you describe VIW, "like different smells coming from all directions." To hear that VIW is even STRUCTURED much like FV is enough to pique my interest. Honestly, I'm always in disbelief when I read of so many perfume fans dismissing Creed scents as linear.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffman View Post
    Can anyone comment on whether or not there are any similarities between this and the new Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts? St. Barts was the only new fragrance that I've found the least bit interesting... it has a very pleasing lime note in it, though I'd imagine the Creed's is even better. Gawd I'd really like to try VIW!
    Lucky you...I tried both within a few days of each other.

Both are pleasant enough; I might enjoy them on someone else, but I know I won't wear them.

The lime is more pronounced in Set Sail than in Virgin Island Water. The liquor note (tequila in Set Sail vs. rum in VIW) is also more pronounced in SS.

SS settles into a spicy/woody/fresh scent, light enough for warm weather. All I got with VIW was toasted coconut.

If I had to pick between the two, I'd take SS over VIW, I think. I want to give both another try before passing my own final judgment. I've been looking for something tropical to wear this summer, but so far L'Artisan's Ananas Fizz is winning out over everything else.
    Life is a banquet...and I got botulism! -- Me

My Creed stockists don't have this yet, and I tried to find it only yesterday for testing. No samples to be found, either. It doesn't sound like my taste, but I'm curious anyway. I normally steer clear of coconut fragrances. Coconut is a difficult note -it tends to overwhelm everything else for me, so I'm hoping Creed have been more sophisticated in the accord than other brands. Ginger, rum, and lime sound promising, but if it smells remotely of suntan oils, popcorn, or beach bars, it goes right back on the shelf.

I got a free sample through the post yesterday and immediately tried it, as did my wife. We both loved it and couldn't stop smelling our wrists where we had applied it. The main notes (we were pretty much in agreement here) were lime (initially) and an enduring rum/coconut combination very reminiscent of (surprise surprise) coconut rum, which we drank rather a lot of on Carribean holidays.

I put some Aramis Bermuda Tonic on my other hand for comparison. ABT is similar, but has little of the rum note and is a bit sweeter. Perhaps unsurprisingly the Creed was the better balanced of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    My Creed stockists don't have this yet, and I tried to find it only yesterday for testing. No samples to be found, either. It doesn't sound like my taste, but I'm curious anyway. I normally steer clear of coconut fragrances. Coconut is a difficult note -it tends to overwhelm everything else for me, so I'm hoping Creed have been more sophisticated in the accord than other brands. Ginger, rum, and lime sound promising, but if it smells remotely of suntan oils, popcorn, or beach bars, it goes right back on the shelf.
    When I actually wore VIW to work, I didn't get that popcorn thing anymore--it was just a passing thing at first. VIW is really nice, I love it--but it is one of those fragrances that not everybody will find to be their style. I definitely wouldn't recommend VIW as somebody's "first Creed". It's very relaxing and easygoing. Perfect to take on a vacation. (I have the next three days off and unfortunately the forecast is for rain... I guess I can smell good doing my taxes.

It's amazing to me how they got this scent just right. Sometimes it seems so precariously balanced--if the lime note wasn't just right, the whole thing would suffer. And like someone said--it would be nice to have that lime note on it's own-- because while VIW is great, the coconut kind of makes it smell more specific to a theme. Feuille Verte sounds great-- too bad it was so limited.

Thanks BlueDevil. I'll have to save up for a decant of VIW.

Basenotes Institution

To answer the 'aqautic' question - VIW does NOT have any aquatic notes, in my opinion.

Virgin Island Water is perhaps my vote for favorite scent of 2007 (so far), and that's coming from someone that really avoided Creed scents in the past (except for Silver Mountain Water).

which I bring up also because of the bottle that VIW comes in-- it's the "men's style of bottle, but on the top of the cap, the Creed crest is not inlayed in a round shape like all the others, but rather in a square "button" like the womens' I think.
    This is a "unisex" and I think it is probably one of the few unisex fragrances that I or my husband have that, imo, doesn't seem to come down very heavily on other side. I think that this may be because it has such a cocktail feel - it stirs up similar holiday memories/wishes in both sexes.

The juiciness and freshness of this combined with the warmth and sweetness make it great summer wear and I can't wait for some really warm weather to try this in. It was February when I first tried it and I'm sure that the room tempreture rose after I'd sprayed it. It is summer in a bottle. Also, and this may just be inferred by the rum, lime and coconut (just my mind playing tricks and making associations) but I'm sure that I can pick up pineapple (I know it's not in the notes)?

[QUOTE=Indie_Guy;1009957]
    It's amazing to me how they got this scent just right. Sometimes it seems so precariously balanced--if the lime note wasn't just right, the whole thing would suffer.

Sold! I'm interested in any fragrance that seems precariously balanced (same goes for people, come to that). It all adds to the mystique, though I've yet to be convinced that anything with coconut could possibly be described in terms of mystique. However, I'll keep an open mind and hope to find it next week.

Why are Creed samples so difficult to find? Even when I buy Serge Lutens I come away with handfuls of samples, but Creed plays hard to get. Is it all part of the exclusivity game?

Edit: sorry, my formatting was precariously balanced there.
    Last edited by Sestra; 12th April 2007 at 10:32 PM.

This board can be quite enabling. I stopped at my local NM yesterday, and ended up purchasing the last 1 oz bottle of VIW on the shelf (which will last me quite a while, since I feel that only 2 light spritzes of this scent are needed). I was wary of the coconut note at first, since I usually associate this note with foody, teen-oriented fragrances, or cheap drugstore body washes. But VIW is definitely a grown-up scent and truly unisex. The sharp fusion of the lime and coconut is quite strong at first, but the coconut eventually settles down seamlessly with the rum base - fun, but refined at the same time. You do, however, need to give VIW about a half-hour for full drydown, so it does require a little advance planning if you're heading for an office.
    Last edited by tigers1901; 5th June 2007 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers1901 View Post
    This board can be quite enabling. I stopped at my local NM yesterday, and ended up purchasing the last 1 oz bottle of VIW on the shelf (which will last me quite a while, since I feel that only 2 light spritzes of this scent are needed). I was wary of the coconut note at first, since I usually associate this note with foody, teen-oriented fragrances, or cheap drugstore body washes. But VIW is definitely a grown-up scent and truly unisex. The sharp fusion of the lime and coconut is quite strong at first, but the coconut eventually settles down seamlessly with the rum base - fun, but refined at the same time. You do, however, need to give VIW about a half-hour for full drydown, so it does require a little advance planning if you're heading for an office.
    Congrats on your Virgin Island Water!

On my first day of wearing VIW, I pretty much just got lime and coconut with a little bit of florals. Yesterday I went to spray it on, expecting that rush of lime, and I got...musk! It was kind of strange, but I saw a whole different facet to VIW--a nice skin musk feeling. So today I sprayed it on again, and this time it smells like a Malibu &Coke with a fresh lime wedge-- I want to drink this stuff. (I'm going to pick up a bottle of Malibu rum later, so I don't have to drink the Creed).

There is a slight bitterness that floats around the edges and keeps VIW from getting too soft and sweet. It is truly unisex, and as much as I enjoy wearing this, I imagine it would be great on women as well.

BTW Tigers1901, sorry about my Cardinals beating your team in the World Series last year. Your time will come!

As much as I'm a big Creed fan, this one won't become a member of my collection. I really enjoyed the opening...for me it was a very nice blend of lime and a boozy note. As the scent evolved it really did become primarily coconut, while is not a good thing for me. I do understand the buttery popcorn part, and I kept thinking this one smells like some suntan lotion I have come across in the past. Longevity was good on me on a pretty cool and dry day. I did enjoy what I think is the "Creed note" early on, but that went away for me as did the lime and booze.

For anyone who enjoys the coconut note, I think this will become a must have after sampling.

Virgin Island Water won't be available in the UK till 15th May, or so I was told by a sales assistant in Harvey Nichols. I'm not sure I trust that information, but I can wait. So much else to try in the meantime, and I'm awaiting the delivery of lots of samples in the next few days.

Happy sampling to those who find it first.

Im dont own one "masculine" scent - but this one was even too femenine for me.
    The first comment I got was "it smells like my sister". The citrus note is amazing, the rose-ish note that follows smells more feminine than most female scents.
    Last edited by DanielleCooper; 15th April 2007 at 08:55 PM. Reason: #3.5 - For Sale / Swap posts are not permitted in the Discussion boards

I have a sample of this coming, I can't wait. Sounds like the perfect summer fragrance.

This sounds perfect for me, but I just broke my budget by buying GIT ( my second Creed). I'm thinking should I get SMW or VIW next? I really want VIW for this summer

Anybody know where I can get a VIW sample, since eBay doesn't offer decants anymore.
    Looking for Partial or Full Bottles Of:
    Silver Mountain Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Scent of Peace

PM me please.

Quote Originally Posted by thisbekevinn View Post
    This sounds perfect for me, but I just broke my budget by buying GIT ( my second Creed). I'm thinking should I get SMW or VIW next? I really want VIW for this summer

Anybody know where I can get a VIW sample, since eBay doesn't offer decants anymore.
    I really love Virgin Island Water. It's a force to be reckoned with on warm sunny days. That being said, Silver Mountain Water is the best. If anybody doubts its longevity... tonight I met my brother at a bar and when I leaned in to talk to him, I could smell it. I asked if he was wearing SMW. He said he'd put it on at 9:00AM (15 hours ago!). The stuff lasts. And it rocks.

If I had to decide between SMW and VIW, it wouldn't event be close. SMW all the way. It's a real world-beater as far as I'm concerned. And SMW isn't even what I'd call my "type" of scent. But when it's all said and done, SMW is up there with the best of them. A second skin kind of fragrance.

VIW will work really well in the heat though.

Release Date in Europe (Germany). Does somebody know this?

Talking Re: Just bought Virgin Island Water--quick review

Register on http://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/site/ if you want to receive samples whenever a new fragrance is launched,received mine a couple of days ago!
    I guess it's only for UK customers,not sure!You should hopefully receive the sample vial along with a card and a description of the fragrance!
    Hope it's not too late for VIW,but you'd surely get the upcoming ones.

Thanks for that information, Marcos. I have visited the site but never found that sample offer. I'll send off for VIW.

Edit: done!
    Last edited by Sestra; 16th April 2007 at 11:40 AM.

I agree with Indie_Guy that, while VIW is nice, I wouldn't put off buying SMW for it. My impression is that Erwin Creed is exerting more influence on new fragrances, and that the newer ones are meant to broaden Creed's clientele with "mood" and "place" scents, rather than simply aiming for timeless classics. There'll be plenty more such fragrances, so don't feel that each one has to "fit." On me, VIW seems to be a stable coconut-rum mix, but it may change once the hot weather starts (that is, IF hot weather ever arrives in the Midwest).

I'm not really crazy about the new foil name stickers placed on the front of the bottle (rather than having the name printed on the bottom of the bottle). My label has bubbles, and it doesn't seem like it's going to adhere to the bottle for any extended period. But, I guess we'll be seeing more and more modern touches like this in the coming years.

And thanks, Indie_Guy, for your nice words about the World Series. The poor Tigers - they had been locked into that worst-in-baseball mindset for so long, the overnight jump to the WS was simply too much for them.
    Last edited by tigers1901; 16th April 2007 at 01:58 PM.

Talking Re: Just bought Virgin Island Water--quick review

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    Thanks for that information, Marcos. I have visited the site but never found that sample offer. I'll send off for VIW.

Edit: done!
    Hi,there's no such a thing as a sample offer,on the website they say that samples are available from lessenteurs,now, having said that, if you join their mailing list,(which I did a couple of years ago and got all the latest releases before actually being launched) you will receive a sample every time a new fragrance is launched:
    This is the address:http://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/sit...s/mailing_list
    Goodluck!:wave:

Quote Originally Posted by marcos_xs View Post
    Hi,there's no such a thing as a sample offer,on the website they say that samples are available from lessenteurs,now, having said that, if you join their mailing list,(which I did a couple of years ago and got all the latest releases before actually being launched) you will receive a sample every time a new fragrance is launched:
    This is the address:http://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/sit...s/mailing_list
    Goodluck!:wave:
    Yes, the mailing list is what I signed up for; thanks for checking for me. I've had Creed samples from Les Sentuers in the past but they are no longer listed on their web site under the sample service. I keep meaning to ask them about that when next I shop. Perhaps it's just a glitch on the web page rather than a service withdrawn. There are some established Creeds I have yet to try, notably Angelique Encens. My local stockists vary on what they carry. Harvey Nichols has the best selection but don't carry the limited editions. I'm having a consultation at Roja Dove next week and will see if I can try it there.

The only Creed sample I've ever been given in a store was the Iris perfume (sorry, can't recall its name just now), and sadly it was not my type. It was a good generous vial, though, larger than most samples.
    Last edited by Sestra; 16th April 2007 at 09:31 PM.

I really love Virgin Island Water. It's a force to be reckoned with on warm sunny days. That being said, Silver Mountain Water is the best. If anybody doubts its longevity... tonight I met my brother at a bar and when I leaned in to talk to him, I could smell it. I asked if he was wearing SMW. He said he'd put it on at 9:00AM (15 hours ago!). The stuff lasts. And it rocks.

If I had to decide between SMW and VIW, it wouldn't event be close. SMW all the way. It's a real world-beater as far as I'm concerned. And SMW isn't even what I'd call my "type" of scent. But when it's all said and done, SMW is up there with the best of them. A second skin kind of fragrance.

VIW will work really well in the heat though.

I tried SMW on me, it had sort of "pee" note? But yes the longevity and sillage is GREAT! But the fist hour of the "pee" note really turns me off that fragrance. Now I'm considering if I should actually buy SMW, or GIT.

I'm a REAL summer guy, I love going to the beach, swimming, tanning and stuff like that. I just love heat and the summer and it sounds like a perfect scent for me. I love coconut and the duo with lime sounds great.

[Just signed up for the Creed mailing lost and hopfully I'll get a sample vial of VIW]

EDIT: Should I get GIT, SMW, or VIW as my second one? I'm really interested in VIW, and sounds perfect for me. I've tried SMW and GIT, they smelt wonderful but VIW is just screaming for me to buy it.. Which one should I get? I'm thiking VIW but I'm not sure, which smell will really just impress people around you and say "wow he smells great!." I can buy a 4.oz bottle of SMW and GIT, or just 4.oz of VIW.
    Last edited by thisbekevinn; 17th April 2007 at 12:52 AM.
    Silver Mountain Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Scent of Peace

PM me please.

Basenotes Institution

I get my Creed samples from a very generous SA at Neimans. That's how I know that I like Virgin Island Water and Silver Mountain Water and I don't like Himalaya, Green Irish Tweed or Tabarome Millesame

Strange about the 'cat pee' note in VIW...did not get it at all. VIW impressed me all around...5 stars for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I get my Creed samples from a very generous SA at Neimans. That's how I know that I like Virgin Island Water and Silver Mountain Water and I don't like Himalaya, Green Irish Tweed or Tabarome Millesame

Strange about the 'cat pee' note in VIW...did not get it at all. VIW impressed me all around...5 stars for sure.

I believe the pee note he detects is in SMW. I wouldn't call it pee but I too notice that smell at first in SMW. I would suggest Hamptons by Bond no. 9 for anyone who wants SMW sans that smell.

Quote Originally Posted by snakesandladders View Post
    I believe the pee note he detects is in SMW. I wouldn't call it pee but I too notice that smell at first in SMW. I would suggest Hamptons by Bond no. 9 for anyone who wants SMW sans that smell.
    I believe I took a very quick whif of Hamptons, ugh to bad I don't remember when it smells like. It didn't smell good enought to make me go "Whoa!" and try some on right now. MI did give me that impression thought.
    Silver Mountain Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Scent of Peace

PM me please.

Count me in as a big fan of Virgin Island Water. Got my 2.5 oz today and it is really nice and nothing like anything else in my wardrobe. Can't add anything to the analysis of the scent that hasn't already been said. Completely unisex and will be a 'go to' favorite during the long warm months in Memphis.

Oh, I just thought I'd mention that Scentiments has this in stock now. It costs quite a bit more than the other Creeds, but it's still a good deal cheaper than retail.

...In case you're interested.

OMG, this stuff is strong on me. Sillage and Longevity. Terre d'Hermes has a new summer friend to make room for in my rotation.

I smelt it a few weeks ago over here and it was officially launched in the UK yesterday. I bought my 75ml bottle of it this morning at Harvey Nicks in Leeds.

Barry