Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Talking Re: Just bought Virgin Island Water--quick review

Register on http://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/site/ if you want to receive samples whenever a new fragrance is launched,received mine a couple of days ago!
    I guess it's only for UK customers,not sure!You should hopefully receive the sample vial along with a card and a description of the fragrance!
    Hope it's not too late for VIW,but you'd surely get the upcoming ones.

Default Re: Just bought Virgin Island Water--quick review

Thanks for that information, Marcos. I have visited the site but never found that sample offer. I'll send off for VIW.

Edit: done!
    Last edited by Sestra; 16th April 2007 at 10:40 AM.

I agree with Indie_Guy that, while VIW is nice, I wouldn't put off buying SMW for it. My impression is that Erwin Creed is exerting more influence on new fragrances, and that the newer ones are meant to broaden Creed's clientele with "mood" and "place" scents, rather than simply aiming for timeless classics. There'll be plenty more such fragrances, so don't feel that each one has to "fit." On me, VIW seems to be a stable coconut-rum mix, but it may change once the hot weather starts (that is, IF hot weather ever arrives in the Midwest).

I'm not really crazy about the new foil name stickers placed on the front of the bottle (rather than having the name printed on the bottom of the bottle). My label has bubbles, and it doesn't seem like it's going to adhere to the bottle for any extended period. But, I guess we'll be seeing more and more modern touches like this in the coming years.

And thanks, Indie_Guy, for your nice words about the World Series. The poor Tigers - they had been locked into that worst-in-baseball mindset for so long, the overnight jump to the WS was simply too much for them.
    Last edited by tigers1901; 16th April 2007 at 12:58 PM.

Talking Re: Just bought Virgin Island Water--quick review

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    Thanks for that information, Marcos. I have visited the site but never found that sample offer. I'll send off for VIW.

Edit: done!
    Hi,there's no such a thing as a sample offer,on the website they say that samples are available from lessenteurs,now, having said that, if you join their mailing list,(which I did a couple of years ago and got all the latest releases before actually being launched) you will receive a sample every time a new fragrance is launched:
    This is the address:http://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/sit...s/mailing_list
    Goodluck!:wave:

Quote Originally Posted by marcos_xs View Post
    Hi,there's no such a thing as a sample offer,on the website they say that samples are available from lessenteurs,now, having said that, if you join their mailing list,(which I did a couple of years ago and got all the latest releases before actually being launched) you will receive a sample every time a new fragrance is launched:
    This is the address:http://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/sit...s/mailing_list
    Goodluck!:wave:
    Yes, the mailing list is what I signed up for; thanks for checking for me. I've had Creed samples from Les Sentuers in the past but they are no longer listed on their web site under the sample service. I keep meaning to ask them about that when next I shop. Perhaps it's just a glitch on the web page rather than a service withdrawn. There are some established Creeds I have yet to try, notably Angelique Encens. My local stockists vary on what they carry. Harvey Nichols has the best selection but don't carry the limited editions. I'm having a consultation at Roja Dove next week and will see if I can try it there.

The only Creed sample I've ever been given in a store was the Iris perfume (sorry, can't recall its name just now), and sadly it was not my type. It was a good generous vial, though, larger than most samples.
    Last edited by Sestra; 16th April 2007 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    I really love Virgin Island Water. It's a force to be reckoned with on warm sunny days. That being said, Silver Mountain Water is the best. If anybody doubts its longevity... tonight I met my brother at a bar and when I leaned in to talk to him, I could smell it. I asked if he was wearing SMW. He said he'd put it on at 9:00AM (15 hours ago!). The stuff lasts. And it rocks.

If I had to decide between SMW and VIW, it wouldn't event be close. SMW all the way. It's a real world-beater as far as I'm concerned. And SMW isn't even what I'd call my "type" of scent. But when it's all said and done, SMW is up there with the best of them. A second skin kind of fragrance.

VIW will work really well in the heat though.

I tried SMW on me, it had sort of "pee" note? But yes the longevity and sillage is GREAT! But the fist hour of the "pee" note really turns me off that fragrance. Now I'm considering if I should actually buy SMW, or GIT.

I'm a REAL summer guy, I love going to the beach, swimming, tanning and stuff like that. I just love heat and the summer and it sounds like a perfect scent for me. I love coconut and the duo with lime sounds great.

[Just signed up for the Creed mailing lost and hopfully I'll get a sample vial of VIW]

EDIT: Should I get GIT, SMW, or VIW as my second one? I'm really interested in VIW, and sounds perfect for me. I've tried SMW and GIT, they smelt wonderful but VIW is just screaming for me to buy it.. Which one should I get? I'm thiking VIW but I'm not sure, which smell will really just impress people around you and say "wow he smells great!." I can buy a 4.oz bottle of SMW and GIT, or just 4.oz of VIW.
    Last edited by thisbekevinn; 16th April 2007 at 11:52 PM.
    Looking for Partial or Full Bottles Of:
    Silver Mountain Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Scent of Peace

PM me please.

Basenotes Institution

I get my Creed samples from a very generous SA at Neimans. That's how I know that I like Virgin Island Water and Silver Mountain Water and I don't like Himalaya, Green Irish Tweed or Tabarome Millesame

Strange about the 'cat pee' note in VIW...did not get it at all. VIW impressed me all around...5 stars for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I get my Creed samples from a very generous SA at Neimans. That's how I know that I like Virgin Island Water and Silver Mountain Water and I don't like Himalaya, Green Irish Tweed or Tabarome Millesame

Strange about the 'cat pee' note in VIW...did not get it at all. VIW impressed me all around...5 stars for sure.

I believe the pee note he detects is in SMW. I wouldn't call it pee but I too notice that smell at first in SMW. I would suggest Hamptons by Bond no. 9 for anyone who wants SMW sans that smell.

Quote Originally Posted by snakesandladders View Post
    I believe the pee note he detects is in SMW. I wouldn't call it pee but I too notice that smell at first in SMW. I would suggest Hamptons by Bond no. 9 for anyone who wants SMW sans that smell.
    I believe I took a very quick whif of Hamptons, ugh to bad I don't remember when it smells like. It didn't smell good enought to make me go "Whoa!" and try some on right now. MI did give me that impression thought.
    Looking for Partial or Full Bottles Of:
    Silver Mountain Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Scent of Peace

PM me please.

Count me in as a big fan of Virgin Island Water. Got my 2.5 oz today and it is really nice and nothing like anything else in my wardrobe. Can't add anything to the analysis of the scent that hasn't already been said. Completely unisex and will be a 'go to' favorite during the long warm months in Memphis.

Oh, I just thought I'd mention that Scentiments has this in stock now. It costs quite a bit more than the other Creeds, but it's still a good deal cheaper than retail.

...In case you're interested.

OMG, this stuff is strong on me. Sillage and Longevity. Terre d'Hermes has a new summer friend to make room for in my rotation.

I smelt it a few weeks ago over here and it was officially launched in the UK yesterday. I bought my 75ml bottle of it this morning at Harvey Nicks in Leeds.

Barry