Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Light Blue Pour Homme

There's a new mens fragrance by Dolce&Gabbana called Light Blue Pour Homme. Has anyone smelt this? I haven't seen it yet but I hope it smells like the original light blue.

Default Re: Light Blue Pour Homme

I've not smelt it yet but if it's a slightly more masculine version of the original light blue I would love to have it.

Anyone know when it is going to be available in the stores? Or is it already available? It's supposed to be a new fragrance this year....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Count me in, if this is real!
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Post Thanks / Like

Check ebay, it's out on there!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by walkman586
    I've not smelt it yet but if it's a slightly more masculine version of the original light blue I would love to have it.

Anyone know when it is going to be available in the stores? Or is it already available? It's supposed to be a new fragrance this year....

Well i didnt find it on ebay as someone pointed out it could be found there...but i sniffed the Light blue for women the other day and just fell in love with it...i dont really care if it was made for women...i liked it and i bought it...and i am going to wear it...its awesome stuff....

as far as this new pour homme version of light blue...would love to test it...IF it exists...

gupts

Post Thanks / Like

This one is already out...launched more than a year ago...but under a different name...that is Paco Rabanne BLACK XS
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Are the ones on eBay genuine? I could only find the female ones. Anyone have a link so I can check it out?

So when was it released? Basenotes directory says this year and it's only mid-January...

Quote Originally Posted by gupts
    Well i didnt find it on ebay as someone pointed out it could be found there...but i sniffed the Light blue for women the other day and just fell in love with it...i dont really care if it was made for women...i liked it and i bought it...and i am going to wear it...its awesome stuff....

as far as this new pour homme version of light blue...would love to test it...IF it exists...

gupts
    anyway, how is the longevity of light blue for women?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by walkman586
    anyway, how is the longevity of light blue for women?
    Yeah, I might just get Light Blue for Women. The new Versace Man in light blue smells like Light Blue but I might just get light blue for the longevity.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope it lives up to the quality of their offering "By - Man". I wrote D&G off after Homme and Masculine...too generic for my taste (this was before I met By). After obtaining By (extremely hard to get here), I've been waiting in anticipation for their next men's fragrance. Please do a review when you can.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Has anyone smelled Light Blue Pour Homme? Anyone?
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Does ANYONE know what this bottle looks like?
    I have seen one but do not know if it is legit.
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22
    Does ANYONE know what this bottle looks like?
    I have seen one but do not know if it is legit.
    Thanks.
    According to the local vendor rep for P&G Prestige Products and all the photos I have seen, think of it this way: Light Blue Pour Homme's bottle is to the original D&G Pour Homme bottle as Light Blue for women's bottle is to the original D&G "red cap" for women bottle.

Still, the folks at Macy's said that it should be out in March... they said that they already got in the first set of promotional materials for the launch.
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

Someone (Cedriceccentric possibly?) posted a link to a site with a picture. I think the site was Japanese. As MFfan310 says, it was the shape of the 'Pour Homme' bottle, but with frosted glass and a light blue cap, as the existing ladies' fragrance has.

Thanks folks...I won one off of ebay ($36 total) and the bottle is exactly as you say....The only trouble is...the juice smells like the womens version WATERED DOWN....I am DEPPLY DISAPPOINTED....I actually hope it is fake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I saw an ad for this on an Asian site a while back. It was the same bottle as the original Dolce & Gabanna PH but the box was light blue. Hmmm, interesting!

If anyone can get their hands on a genuine Light Blue Pour Homme, please give a review!

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by discovolante
    This one is already out...launched more than a year ago...but under a different name...that is Paco Rabanne BLACK XS
    OK, now I'm really confused guys...I just talked to a new acquaintance about colognes & he told me he's looking for D&G Light Blue Homme & I told him I'd read about it (here at BN - this post actually). He smelled it in Tokyo when he was there a couple months ago - and he said it smelled just like Paco Rabanne Black XS. Then I noticed the post above, in this thread, where he mentioned that it was the same thing...

Is it the same thing?

Why the hell would a company release the same scent under 2 different names?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23
    OK, now I'm really confused guys...I just talked to a new acquaintance about colognes & he told me he's looking for D&G Light Blue Homme & I told him I'd read about it (here at BN - this post actually). He smelled it in Tokyo when he was there a couple months ago - and he said it smelled just like Paco Rabanne Black XS. Then I noticed the post above, in this thread, where he mentioned that it was the same thing...

Is it the same thing?

Why the hell would a company release the same scent under 2 different names?
    Now heres the confusing part

To my nose, D&G Light Blue pour FEMME smells near enough identical to Black XS PH.

Maybe thats where the confusion lies?

Overcome By Fumes
    Post Thanks / Like

Why change it? Does Light Blue say "for women" anywhere on the bottle? I've already seen the regular Light Blue on men's fragrance counters before and I figured it was just a marketing trick to avoid calling it unisex but still catch both markets.

I mean, a grapefruit citrus-cedar fragrance does not reek of masculine or feminine, does it? The bottle is not especially feminine or masculine either. It's a good fragrance as is; interesting to see if it could be "improved".

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by docluv45
    Why change it? Does Light Blue say "for women" anywhere on the bottle? I've already seen the regular Light Blue on men's fragrance counters before and I figured it was just a marketing trick to avoid calling it unisex but still catch both markets.

I mean, a grapefruit citrus-cedar fragrance does not reek of masculine or feminine, does it? The bottle is not especially feminine or masculine either. It's a good fragrance as is; interesting to see if it could be "improved".
    Oh I agree! I wear both the womens Light Blue and original. I love them both and dont think either are partiularly feminine. But then again I dont really care! lol

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to one of the P&G Prestige Products reps yesterday at Macy's. She said that she's smelled Light Blue Pour Homme and that it's real nice, and that it is similar to the women's Light Blue.

Likewise, she's also smelled Gucci Pour Homme II... she loves it, and can't wait until it hits her particular store in May.

Things are looking up, it seems....

theres one close to the light blue and its out right now called soili de capri by montale.it reminds me so much of of the light blue for women but i think its more wearable for a man. i knew they have a new men frag comming out but didnt know the name. how does the new womens 'the one' smell.
    FEW FAVS.=Dzing ,Mechant loup,Millesime Imperial,Tangerine Vert,Daim Blond,Aoud Rose petals,Crystal Flowers,D&G BMan,B D Portugal,Chergui

Correct me If I am wrong but does not Black XS smell just like light blue?

Therefore I could pass on D&G's version...

Post Thanks / Like

Argh, I just bought the Light Blue a few weeks ago and just gave it to my mom an she seems to enjoy it over her N.5 EDT and J'adore.

Post when we get updates on this, really looking forward to it!
    Looking for Partial or Full Bottles Of:
    Silver Mountain Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Scent of Peace

PM me please.

INWAP

Post Thanks / Like

this is a repro of a print ad

image from parfumdepub.net

thats all there I see for light blue.

That's the women's/unisex version. The men's bottle is different.

I was under the impression that bothLB for men/women were the exact same juice with different presentations...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by discovolante View Post
    I did read another post where someone took the above comment literally.

This is too funny - I just received a bottle of Black XS for my hubby, and oh my !!! It smells almost exactly like Light Blue, without the lasting power.

Just saw the update of this smellie on Now smell this blog..I really can't wait for this to come out as I really like the womens one. If this one bangs..then it will be a summer staple for me...

Live Your Life,

Otto

what day does it come out?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    what day does it come out?
    The P&G rep here said that it should be out sometime in mid to late May.

Post Thanks / Like

check the ad on nowsmellthis