Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bought some Comptor Sud Pacifique Scents

A local department store is selling this range off very cheaply - they just haven't been selling well in Australia. I've wandered by the store a few times and bought scents for myself and as presents for females.

Male Scents
    Barbier Des Isles - much better in the actual wearing than duing my wrist test. Had decent longevity.

Bois de Filao - much better in the wrist test than in the actual wearing. A nice woodsy scent with little lasting power.

L'Eau du Gouverneur - a bit old style, but a pleasant old style. Moderate staying power.

Unisex Scents
    Amour de Cacao - I like it, and it's a big hit with my wife and sister-in-law. This chocolate scent easily lasted over 15 hours on the back of my hand - that's potency!

O'pomelo - Not really sure what to make of this grapefruit scent. Not much lasting power.

I also bought bottles of the more feminine
    Vanille Passion (moderate lasting power),
    Vanille Abricot (good lasting power),
    Aqua Motu (good lasting power, really interesting marine scent, which I wish it was more masculine),
    Aloha Tiare (good lasting power, reminded me of a fruity version of the men's Chic),
    and Coeur de Vahine to use as presents.

But I passed on buying the feminine White Musk and Mora Bella (good lasting power) which seemed a bit too subtle to me.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 15th April 2007 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Amendment

Default Re: Bought some Comptor Sud Pacifique Scents

Wow--good going--you scored well! The only one I have is L'Eau du Gouverneur, which I love...very good quality, great spicy composition, and yes, manly too. That reminds me--I should give Bois de Filao a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Did they offer Le Roi Santal by any chance?

I'm with you on Barbier and Gouverneur, those are two very good CSPs. I also didn't get anything out of Bois de Filao. Écume de Thé is very nice if one likes tea scents.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Have to agree with you on all the male scents purchased. Very different than the sweet vanillic stuff that CSP is famous for, but much, much better IMO. Bois de Filao is a real sleeper, though it doesn't seem to work for some. I get a beautiful violet over light wood on my skin, with very good longevity.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm another Barbier des Isles fan -- nothing else quite like it in my wardrobe. I've never felt a need to explore the rest of the CSP line, but if I do I'll be sure to include a sampling of Amour de Cacao.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spicemeister View Post
    Wow--good going--you scored well! The only one I have is L'Eau du Gouverneur, which I love...very good quality, great spicy composition, and yes, manly too. That reminds me--I should give Bois de Filao a try.
    It was a good score - at A$20 (US$16) for a 100ml bottle, I thought it very good value.
    Renato
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Did they offer Le Roi Santal by any chance?

I'm with you on Barbier and Gouverneur, those are two very good CSPs. I also didn't get anything out of Bois de Filao. Écume de Thé is very nice if one likes tea scents.
    Nope, no Le Roi or Ecume there.
    Renato
    Quote Originally Posted by levente View Post
    Have to agree with you on all the male scents purchased. Very different than the sweet vanillic stuff that CSP is famous for, but much, much better IMO. Bois de Filao is a real sleeper, though it doesn't seem to work for some. I get a beautiful violet over light wood on my skin, with very good longevity.
    It seems that Bois de Filao is one of those scents which varies greatly with individuals. I thought it was really good a few minutes after spraying, reminding me a bit of a very toned down Gucci Rush.
    Renato
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSC View Post
    I'm another Barbier des Isles fan -- nothing else quite like it in my wardrobe. I've never felt a need to explore the rest of the CSP line, but if I do I'll be sure to include a sampling of Amour de Cacao.
    I still can't get over how good Barbier turned out to be. I thought it so good I bought another bottle of it.
    Renato
    The other odd thing I forgot to mention was that, as I was sniffing all these scents, it reminded me more of the experience sniffing scents in a niche store rather than in a designer store.

While I've labelled them masculine and feminine, none of them are overly so. Looking at the fragrance pyramids at their site, one can see lots of notes typically in found in male scents in the scents I've called feminine - a trait typical of the niche houses.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 13th April 2007 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You must have bought them from David Jones? They clearing all the CSP's stock at unbelievable price. I bought 4 bottles 2 months ago at AUS$15 per bottle. The sales lady told me a visitor from France bought most of the stock, she couldn't believe how cheap it is compared to what they are charging in France. At its usual price, CSP is overpriced - it comes in metallic bottle like a deodorant spray and most of the scents have no longevity.

Amour de Cacao is a true chocolate scent. No other cocoa scents smell like it - it smell like pure chocolate, nothing but chocolate!

Aqua Motu - Unique aqua scent! It has an animalistic smell to it - not like the usual citrus watery scent in the market. Best describe as Aqua citrus-liquorice-herbal scent.

O'pomelo - This one is good - pleasant and refreshing. Its the purest citrus scent I have ever purchased. Its citrus and musk, not in the Bulgari pour homme way - its not classy, just a natural smell thats invigorating. It stays VERY close to the skin and doesn't last.

I also bought Bella Mora without knowing its for women. I think its better than all 3 I mentioned above. Its the longest lasting and has a very sweet raspberry accord. Perfect for young women.

Post Thanks / Like

I was kind of shocked at your opinions of these....especially knowing your general dislike of unisex scents. I do like some of them....the lasting power isn't the best, but they are interesting. I love O'pomelo, though its lasting power is abominable.

Post Thanks / Like

I am dying to try Amour de Cacao. It sounds heavenly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eau_de_amour View Post

I also bought Bella Mora without knowing its for women. I think its better than all 3 I mentioned above. Its the longest lasting and has a very sweet raspberry accord. Perfect for young women.
    The Mora Bella I sprayed on my wrist hung around for over 9 hours. Oddly enough, I liked it better then than earlier on, probably because the musk and sandalwood basenotes were more prominent.

Yes, it was David Jones - $19.95 for 100ml, $14.95 for 50ml.

The metallic bottle does make it appear cheap. But it is practical in some circumstances, as it's so much lighter and less fragile than glass. I bought some bottles specifically to take overseas with me as presents for my cousins later this year. Being so much lighter, they are ideal for a plane trip.
    Renato
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul G View Post
    I was kind of shocked at your opinions of these....especially knowing your general dislike of unisex scents. I do like some of them....the lasting power isn't the best, but they are interesting. I love O'pomelo, though its lasting power is abominable.
    Hi Paul,
    I was more evaluating the feminine and unisex ones in terms of giving them as gifts rather than actually wearing them myself, though I'll be keeping Amour de Cacoa. I you check the separate posting I made on that scent, I intend mixing it with other chocolate scents - definitely Hanae Mori, and probably Animale Animale as well. Maybe even A*men out of curiosity.

I won't be keeping the O'pomelo, it lasts as long on me as it does on you.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 13th April 2007 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost