Code of Conduct

Default Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche

I checked a few pages back and did a community search for this - no thread on this new edition of the very popular "Chance" from Chanel? (Hopefully I haven't accidentally missed something; please spare me if I did!)

Anyways, anybody get a chance yet to smell this one? I personally just received a sample at my local department store. It's very... generic, I suppose. But very pretty, very light - there's a certain elegance to it that seems to be suited well for the late-teens/early-twenties crowd, and it smells high-class without smelling at all snobbish. Of course, it doesn't at all smell like a Chanel... (nor did Chance, really) - and with my chemistry it just smells like very expensive dish detergent. All-in-all, nice for somebody else, and I'm actually positive it'll sell very well - but not for me.

Thoughts?
    If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies.

Default Re: Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche

Shanghai_rose, it's not for me either. Neither was the original Chance, for that matter. I could say what I *really* think about Chance, but then that wouldn't be terribly lady-like. I agree with you that the Fraiche is very generic, but to be frank, I didn't expect it to be anything but.

I seem to remember rumors that Chanel would launch a mass-market scent in the fall? I'm hoping that one's a good one.

Default Re: Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche

I'm with you on the original Chance, actually. Well, I don't terribly hate it, but it seems a little bit generic to be a Chanel... it's a "cheerleader" scent, IMHO.

Oooooooh. I seriously can't wait! I hadn't heard that, yet.
    If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies.