Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lasting power of L'Eau De L'Artisan?

I think I've found my ideal 'green garden' spring/summer scent and that would be L'Eau De L'Artisan. However, due to the fact that star ratings still are not functional... I don't know if it would actually be worth it to purchase. I can't tell how long it would last on my skin from this sample I have, so I hoping someone can comment on its longetivity? If it's not that great (less than 4 hours) then what are some alternatives? I've searched for a grassy, garden smell for some time and while this isn't perfect, its the closest I've had. Only thing I would change for this would be less lemon, is there something like that out there?

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Lasting power of L'Eau De L'Artisan?

A few 'grassy' frags out there, but IMO nothing compares to LEdA. I love it.

I am using up my small decant of it slowly, hoping to make it last thru the warm weather season.

It lasts even shorter on me, perhaps only 3 hours or less - but I have found that is what happens with almost ALL of the L'Artisans.

I have to literally drench myself in it, to get it to last long (10-15 sprays)

One of my all time favorites as well and one fragrance I think I'll never be without. On me it lasts quite long and can still smell it onmy skin several hours after application. It doesn't really make a statement, but it is the fragrance I go to when nothing else seem to fit. It makes my heart sing for sure!

Post Thanks / Like

It's only good for two or three hours on me.I only own it because I got it very cheap.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

It lasts about 3 hours on me. It might be not the most groundbreaking fragrance L Artisan has ever made but who cares. Its a very nice spring/summer eau with its citrus/green/mint-combination of notes. Although I dont consider it a masterpiece, I reach for it quiet often....
    Guerlain: Après L´ondée - Chanel: Cuir de Russie - Dior: Dior Homme - Divine: L´homme de coeur - Caron: Le 3me homme
    ---------------------------

"Tra il fiore colto e l’ altro donato / l’ inesprimibile nulla" Giuseppe Ungaretti

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Of the cologne-style fragrances, it's the best in terms of longevity on me. It's also a very refreshing fragrance; I really like it.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Borky View Post
    Only thing I would change for this would be less lemon, is there something like that out there?
    Of all the scents I know this one is the closest to it, and yes, without any lemon.

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26122421.html

Post Thanks / Like

I'm right there with your "ideal" impression as this is one of my very favorites for warm weather. This is one of just a small handful of fragrances I would not be without, and also one of the small number I am not afraid to apply a bit more generously. Even without that treatment, however, I find the longevity is reasonable. And after the "overt" phase I find that it dries down to a wonderful and very long-lasting (overnight) skin scent that I have referred to as a "parched savanna" smell. Actually, though, I've never been to a parched savanna, and what it really reminds me of are summer vacations I spent in the Idaho panhandle amid tinder-dry grass, underbrush and ponderosa pines.
    “They aren't connected . . . they aren't mafia. Not with names like Tuner Watson” - Jim Rockford