Code of Conduct

Thread: decant panic

Default decant panic

I hit all my favorite ebayers in a panic to get last minutes fragrances I keep in decants only, or have been wanting decants of. Am I the only one? I was mostly out for

Musk Ravegeur
    LV Garafano
    Carnal Flower

What falls into this category for you?
    Please, spritz responsibly.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: decant panic

Panic? Would you like me to decant some Paxil for you, my fearful feline?

The only thing I'm nervous about is future supplies of Hermes Ambre Narguile, but I'm okay for the foreseeable future.

(Say, your Deirdre tulips had erupted and the leaves grown almost half a foot tall before a recent snowstorm. I suppose yours in the lower latitude have already bloomed.)
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I really don't care about the ban, decants are nice as swaps but I tend to not buy them. My sickness is blind-buying big full bottles , decants kill the thrill.
    I will be sad that I can't get anymore Caron Urn decants from Buffalo_Gals though.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Oh, but dear little Tinker, you can! Buffalo_Gals and others are currently conducting their own form of Amish barn-raising. In two months, the e-doors should be open. Get yourself on the notifications list by a sending an email to perfumedcourt@gmail.com. Check out the consortium here:
    http://perfumeposse.com/resoures-for...s-and-samples/
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: decant panic

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424 View Post
    I really don't care about the ban, decants are nice as swaps but I tend to not buy them. My sickness is blind-buying big full bottles , decants kill the thrill.
    I will be sad that I can't get anymore Caron Urn decants from Buffalo_Gals though.
    Hehe. You sound like you really enjoy the thrill of the hunt Tink! My kinda thinking too...heck, anyone can pick from a representative sample or decant but it takes a real 'fume daredevil to continually buy blind!
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Oh, but dear little Tinker, you can! Buffalo_Gals and others are currently conducting their own form of Amish barn-raising. In two months, the e-doors should be open. Get yourself on the notifications list by a sending an email to perfumedcourt@gmail.com. Check out the consortium here:
    Thank you! I just e-mailed

Blog Entries

I marched right out and got a decant of Santal de Mysore, Anne Pliska, En Avion & samles of Hermes; Doblis, Tom Ford Private Collection; Bois Rouge & Oud Wood. I have so many samples and so many great finds I want more of, I just can't see risking investing in a whole bottle of something I don't want. Not to mention buying a lifetime supply of anything when I've already got 5 times more than I can use now. This whole thing makes me think of my intense paranoia when I was a kid & thought the mattress company would hunt me down if I took the tag off the mattress.

Well yes, but since I know where I can hunt many of the dealers down later, it was more in the way of showing support than in panic. So I placed one order on ebay and three more through basenotes.

Thanks for the link, Quarry! No, has not been stocking up on anything, pretty much on the same page with my island girl, Tinkah.

I am worried too as we just don't have the variety like the others have in other continents.
    I learn about the Tabac Blond and Black Orchid from a recent decant purchase.

Thanks Quarry for the link... I will look into that

I feel much better now that I know the plan. I just bought a few decants for no reason at all. Gee, what a shame!
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Wait... What's going on?
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

Had to resist the impulse to treat this whole brouhaha as the perfect excuse to stock up on my never-ending list of gotta tries - but the resistance was weak...and so...and so..... sigh... :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kotori View Post
    Wait... What's going on?
    In a nutshell: Ebay will no longer permit the selling of decanted fragrances (including samples) due to legal pressures from as-yet-anonymous fragrance company(ies). To play it safe, Basenotes' founder, Grant, is doing likewise. Read more about it here:
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=195198

Some of those who were major players in the decant biz on ebay are now going to create a new venue. Links to those persons can be found at the following site. You can get on their mailing list to be notified when their store(s) open, or stay tuned to the chatter here at Basenotes for developments.