Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default W'AN'TED: citrus & orange and no musk no amber no patchouli no woods

is there any citrus scent containing orange that does not have a musky oder woody base?

i like eau de hadrien and osmanthus by DC and i like vetiver, bergamot, violet, lily, orange, mandarine, grapefruit and i dont like it, when the scents turn out to be super woody or musky......

thanks a lot for your answers,

tom
    Last edited by kiddo; 14th April 2007 at 01:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: W'AN'TED: citrus & orange and no musk no amber no patchouli no woods

Heyya, Kiddo.

Not sure you'll find anything that doesn't have at least a small amount of musk or wood as a base... It's how most perfume pyramids are structured. But here are a few nice ones to try that are more citrusy than musky:

-Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Arancia di Capri (a personal favorite with masculine packaging)
    -L'Artisan Mandarine Tout Simplement
    -Matsuki Matsushima Mat; Orange
    -Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Orange Magnifica
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: W'AN'TED: citrus & orange and no musk no amber no patchouli no woods

Even though Bond no. 9's Little Italy lists musk as a base, I can barely smell it. So I suggest that. There's also Creed's Zeste Mandarine Pamplemousse, which you may like

Post Thanks / Like

hey

i´ve tried Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Arancia di Capri and i really liked it. totally forgotten about it.

L'Artisan´s Mandarine Tout Simplement is hard to get hear. i am very eager to give it a try although i´ve very often read that it does not last very long.
    i owned L´Artisan´s Ananas Fizz but i returned it, because its longlivety was limited to 5-10 minutes

i owned Bond no. 9's Little Italy too, but this one, although i loved the openig, developed terribly on MY skin. I had no other choise, but to take it back to the shop too.

- Matsuki Matsushima Mat; Orange
    - Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Orange Magnifica
    - Creed's Zeste Mandarine Pamplemousse

-------> i will give these two a try, i always kind of liked the allegoria scents of guerlain

thanks a lot+

@Arhianrad:
    were you not a "super member" last night? did you get elevated?
    Last edited by kiddo; 14th April 2007 at 09:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

lol, no, kiddo...i just started subscribing officially to Basenotes

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

Have you tried Soleil de Capri by Montale. It's quite citrusy and it lasts forever! Plus, I don't detect any musk and I normally am very sensitive to that note.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiddo View Post
    hey

i´ve tried Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Arancia di Capri and i really liked it. totally forgotten about it.

L'Artisan´s Mandarine Tout Simplement is hard to get hear. i am very eager to give it a try although i´ve very often read that it does not last very long.
    i owned L´Artisan´s Ananas Fizz but i returned it, because its longlivety was limited to 5-10 minutes
    Hey, Kiddo. (I'm calling you that, because that's what my uncle always called me when I was little.)

I'm glad you like Arancia di Capri. It's one of my favorites, and when I run out of Mandarine Tout Simplement, I am definitely going to purchase it. I don't like having two orange fragrances at the same time, though. Too complicated for me!

About Mandarine Tout Simplement, it was 2006's limited edition, so yes, it's hard to find. You can find it for sure on www.neimanmarcus.com for $125. I'm sure you can find it on other internet based perfume distributors' websites, but I have never seen it for any cheaper, so unless you do, might as well go for the dept. store website, I think. Anyway, several of us have it, and while I am not someone who knows much about decanting, you might ask one of us about a decant.

The Aqua Allegoria has also now been discontinued, but it's available on Amazon.com, and as I previously stated, you can find a decant. They also came up with a new one this year called Mandarin Basilic, or something to that effect, but it's not on my local store's shelf yet. So when you get it, it might be another to try.

Happy Citrus Hunting!
    --------------------------------------
    Oh, yeah!

And Comptoire Sud Pacifique makes/made a kumquat fragrance called Kumquat Alhambra. Worth a try!
    Last edited by Kotori; 14th April 2007 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

Off-Scenter

I'm not sure how its basenotes will play out on your skin, but you might want to try Annick Goutal's Eau du Sud. It's a particularly well-constructed citrus scent.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Jo Malone's Orange Blossom. AA Lemon Fresca (also discontinued but sometimes shows up on EBay. Ditto Love's Fresh Lemon.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Royal English Leather
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like

Thx, thx & more thx.....

ok, first of all, Arhianrad, what i always wanted to know is the meaning of your nick.... i find it hard to remember when i have to write it, so maybe a little jingle might be helpful
    and what does it mean that you started subscribing officially?

Parisa, i do have Soleil de Capri by Montale in my wardrobe. it just wonderfull and i love it!!!!!! unfortunately it does not last very long on my skin. it is one of my favourites anyway!

Concerning L'Artisan´s Mandarine Tout Simplement i happily have to announce that i found a shop in cologne yesterday that is able to get it for me! i am VERY VERY exited!

an incredible shop anyway. the carry ALL of the brands i prefer and i would spent the whole day and night there, if they would only let me

of course i could not leave there without bying anything, so i afforded Different Company´s
    Ailleurs et Fleurs
    , a wonderful fresh and flowery scent. Mmmmmmmhhhh.....

i will give orange blossom a try too. lemon fresca i tried already. i like it but it did not really cast a spell on me.

Royal English Leather will probably not the scent of my choice because i am not into leather. i thank you for that hint anyway

I also tried Annick Goutal's Eau du Sud for about the third time yesterday and got hold on a sample. i am getting to like it and it has a high range on my scents-i-would-like-to-buy list.

I also tested L´Eau d´Artisan by L´Artisan Parfumeur last night and i had a hard time to decide between Ailleurs it Fleurs and L´Eau de Artisan.
    L´Eau de Artisan is a lightly powerdery citrus scent. And it even sticked to my skin longer than an hour, which i find pretty good for an L´ Artisan

thank you ALL, it´s just SO NICE in here.....
    Last edited by kiddo; 15th April 2007 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You should try Olivier Creed eau de cologne, it is a vintage fragance but it is very close to what you describe.