Code of Conduct

Default Hugo Energise, Lacoste Cool play, Versace Man?

What do you guys think of these ones? They are my two personal favorites. I have got nothing but flawless compliments on cool play.

Im also thinking about getting Versace Man (the purple bottle). Any of you guys have this one? Good or bad? I liked it on my friend, but it doesnt really have any good ratings over at perfumeemporium.com.

Im also sure everyone has DG which is hailed as the best cologne of all time aside from Aqua di Gio.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hugo Energise, Lacoste Cool play, Versace Man?

Versace Man (Purple Bottle) is fantastic. It is one of my favourites.
    It is a very unique scent and does not smell similar to any other cologne I have ever smelt.

It is has excellent longevity, excellent sillage, and smells good too
    Last edited by rompip; 15th April 2007 at 03:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I know nothing about Versace Man, but would like to second that the first two are really good. They're the compliment-getters.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Quote Originally Posted by MJMoonwalker View Post
    What do you guys think of these ones? They are my two personal favorites. I have got nothing but flawless compliments on cool play.

Im also thinking about getting Versace Man (the purple bottle). Any of you guys have this one? Good or bad? I liked it on my friend, but it doesnt really have any good ratings over at perfumeemporium.com.

Im also sure everyone has DG which is hailed as the best cologne of all time aside from Aqua di Gio.
    You mentioned three fragrances in the title but in the OP you said they are your two personal favourites?

The three are all compliment getters, but the scents are not superior compared to each other. If I were you I'd go with Versace Man, as Versace is by far the most respected house of the three. When your friends boast about wearing Hugo Boss, Giorgio Armani, Lacoste scents, etc. all you say is that you wear Versace.

You're right when you say almost everyone has D&G, but it's not the best cologne of all time. During your stay here, you'll soon realize that the most popular fragrances are not necessarily the best.

Welcome to Basenotes, MJMoonwalker.
    Last edited by Shiver; 15th April 2007 at 05:56 AM.

Ya I have Energise and Cool play.

Ive always thought of versace fragrances as cheap pieces of crap that go for like 15$ a bottle, kinda like Alfred Sung who makes TERRIBLE fragrances (I use to work at Shoppers drug Mart and his colognes would be so cheap).

I think Im gonna purchase Versace Man soon, thx for your opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
    You mentioned three fragrances in the title but in the OP you said they are your two personal favourites?

The three are all compliment getters, but the scents are not superior compared to each other. If I were you I'd go with Versace Man, as Versace is by far the most respected house of the three. When your friends boast about wearing Hugo Boss, Giorgio Armani, Lacoste scents, etc. all you say is that you wear Versace.

You're right when you say almost everyone has D&G, but it's not the best cologne of all time. During your stay here, you'll soon realize that the most popular fragrances are not necessarily the best.

Welcome to Basenotes, MJMoonwalker.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny....I would like to try a sample vile of Cool Play AND Hot Play by Lacoste.

I tried Versace Man and it wasn't my taste. To me it was fresh but I sensed a bit female fragarnce for some reason, I cant explain it. Too fresh and clean androgeny like CK Be.

It took me a while to get used to 'New" scents or colognes. I own L'Eau Dissey, Hugo by Boss, CKBe ( Dont like it), and just recently purchased Traditional by Hugh Parsons and L'Homme by Y.S. Laurent.

I got soooooo used to the Hugo and Dissey that those 2 dicotomy's worked on my preferences for so long I found it hard to like anything else. I'm glad I added L'Homme and Traditional this past week to break up those colognes I had. Sometimes you have to keep a favorite and re-up the rest when they go.

HUGO has been my Achilles Heel but in a good way. I've re-up'ed 2 times with that cologne. The wife loves it and for some reason it IS the most masculine scent out there IMHO. When you smell it even at the top of the "Flask" when you twist off the cap flap it's STRONG...lol. I mean, woodsy and 'Pine-y" as hell but masculine to the hilt, to me it's a Man's man cologne. Theres nothing to confuse anyone abouut the sexuality of HUGO...lol.

Haven't tried Hugo Energise though?

Can't wait to try LaCoste's line...tried Essentials already....lol.....Crackin up' right after that cause I smelled HUGO in Essentials! lol Like a modern day HUGO. So No Essentials but would like to try Cool and Hot Play.
    The search for the perfect cologne is like a composer searching for the ultimate note.

P.S. F' Imus...Stern is King!

Thx for the replies, I couldnt hold back, I just had to place an order on ebay for Versace Man :P.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Squire View Post
    I mean, woodsy and 'Pine-y" as hell but masculine to the hilt, to me it's a Man's man cologne. Theres nothing to confuse anyone abouut the sexuality of HUGO...lol.
    It's funny that you phrase it this way. Two of my lesbian friends wear/have worn Hugo, & it smells VERY good on them! I even wore it for a little bit, but it didn't suit me at all. But my girl friends who wear this wear it very conservatively, & it really does smell great on them.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Post Thanks / Like

Strange? When I smell that cologne I think of an "old school" type of smell for men.

Maybe it has a different effect on a females skin?

It's an old one from BOSS but women actually love this one and it's almost always on a list of the 10 best of frgrances for men.

I've lost interest in BOSS however. After a while cranking out cologne after cologne it tends to smell "Synthetically". Hugo's my only purchase from BOSS. Actually I'm not too fond of it however the wife loves that scent on me so I wear it occasionally. It is strong as hell. lol to my nose.
    The search for the perfect cologne is like a composer searching for the ultimate note.

P.S. F' Imus...Stern is King!

Quote Originally Posted by The Squire View Post
    Funny....I would like to try a sample vile of Cool Play AND Hot Play by Lacoste.

I tried Versace Man and it wasn't my taste. To me it was fresh but I sensed a bit female fragarnce for some reason, I cant explain it. Too fresh and clean androgeny like CK Be.

It took me a while to get used to 'New" scents or colognes. I own L'Eau Dissey, Hugo by Boss, CKBe ( Dont like it), and just recently purchased Traditional by Hugh Parsons and L'Homme by Y.S. Laurent.

I got soooooo used to the Hugo and Dissey that those 2 dicotomy's worked on my preferences for so long I found it hard to like anything else. I'm glad I added L'Homme and Traditional this past week to break up those colognes I had. Sometimes you have to keep a favorite and re-up the rest when they go.

HUGO has been my Achilles Heel but in a good way. I've re-up'ed 2 times with that cologne. The wife loves it and for some reason it IS the most masculine scent out there IMHO. When you smell it even at the top of the "Flask" when you twist off the cap flap it's STRONG...lol. I mean, woodsy and 'Pine-y" as hell but masculine to the hilt, to me it's a Man's man cologne. Theres nothing to confuse anyone abouut the sexuality of HUGO...lol.

Haven't tried Hugo Energise though?

Can't wait to try LaCoste's line...tried Essentials already....lol.....Crackin up' right after that cause I smelled HUGO in Essentials! lol Like a modern day HUGO. So No Essentials but would like to try Cool and Hot Play.

im wearing right now Versace man, and is simply wonderful, very comfortable, sexy and easy to wear, the floral-spicy base is really nice... i dont find that fresh-clean base that you said... and yeah,, indeed there are something similar with ligh blue with an stronger spicy base ... no doubt ,. this versace could be one of my new favs ( and eau fraiche) and is the first versace fragances that i like so much ...

Do you find it lasts long? How much do you spray on. By the middle of the day I run my hand across my neck to see if I still smell good. Maybe my nose is so use to it. I love this scent btw, its very sexy.
    Quote Originally Posted by omniray View Post
    im wearing right now Versace man, and is simply wonderful, very comfortable, sexy and easy to wear, the floral-spicy base is really nice... i dont find that fresh-clean base that you said... and yeah,, indeed there are something similar with ligh blue with an stronger spicy base ... no doubt ,. this versace could be one of my new favs ( and eau fraiche) and is the first versace fragances that i like so much ...

no my friend, i think thats the only mistake in this nice fragance, more than 3 hrs and fade away of my skin... its a shame,. i have just a miniature (5ml) and thats enough to test and feel it... its a wonderful smell, but the longevity its a problem on me,... Eau fraiche last on me more than 5-6 hrs .... : ( i thought that this could last in the same way...

anyway,.. could be my skin... i like very much, but i wont buy it....

Eau fraiche smells kinda similar to issey for a bit, but I preffer Eau fraiche because of it's sharper lemoney smell. sticks together well..while the issey kinda...speads out..hard to describe.