Code of Conduct

Default Zesty Mandarine Pampelmousse, Royal English Leather, Selection Verte

I'm thinking of getting small bottles of some or all of these.

Is the Zesty Mandarine too simple? Will it go away too quickly? It has a bit of lasting power on my wrist...and wow, what a citrus accord.

Is the Royal English Leather too caramel-ish? Its so beatiful, hauntingly familiar, and an obvious legend of fragrances...but is it practical?

Does the Selection Verte have much lasting power? I love the mint and citrus classic gentleman feel. The sweet pea is nice too...but will it bug me (as it did one day last week, well into the drydown)?

I already have Green Valley, Green Irish Tweed, Original Santal, Baie de Geneivre, Himalaya, Royal Delight, Millesime Imperial, Bois du Portugal, and have Cypres Musc and Bois d' Santal on the way...am I double-covering any territory with any of these prospective additions?

I'm pretty certain I want the ZMP, but what about the other two?
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Default Re: Zesty Mandarine Pampelmousse, Royal English Leather, Selection Verte

I'll share a trick I recently learned with REL...go easy on the sprays, meaning, spray from a distance. Creed has some pretty good sprayers, but with REL, too strong a concentration can be...overstimulating. However, applying from a distance, lightly, makes the creaminess reveal itself faster.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Default Re: Zesty Mandarine Pampelmousse, Royal English Leather, Selection Verte

Its been a while since I tried ZMP, but I do recall it containing a zesty fantastic grapefruit note which gives way to silky white flowers. Good stuff and quite unisex, but if I had the amazingly refreshing Selection Verte in my wardrobe, I wouldnt be wearing ZMP a lot. Royal English Leather is quite potent, but if you use around 2-3 sprays instead of 5-6, it would do you good. Its a top tier classic buttery leather scent with a fine mandarin top and an extremely well executed leather note.

Neither Selection Verte or REL overlap with any of the Creeds in your wardrobe, however I feel that ZMP overlaps with some others Creeds like Citrus Bigarade and Neroli Sauvage.
    -

[quote=zztopp;1011683]......but if I had the amazingly refreshing Selection Verte in my wardrobe/quote]

on its way
    "Dont try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Well, I've got some REL (a partial bottle) on the way, and I think I might just buy the ZMP from Neiman's (it's "only" $108!), and I'll have to keep an eye out for a 2.5 of the Selection Verte.

Up next: Vintage Tabarome, Chevrefuille Original, and maybe some Citrus Biggarrade or Bois de Cedrat.
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    Well, I've got some REL (a partial bottle) on the way, and I think I might just buy the ZMP from Neiman's (it's "only" $108!), and I'll have to keep an eye out for a 2.5 of the Selection Verte.

Up next: Vintage Tabarome, Chevrefuille Original, and maybe some Citrus Biggarrade or Bois de Cedrat.
    Have you tried Aubepine Acacia ? If not, then I highly recommend you add it to your list of fragrances to test in the near future.
    -

Basenotes Institution

I got absolutely no caramel or buttery-ness from Royal English Leather, and I applied lightly.

Yeah, I've got a big ol' sample vial of the Aubepine Acacia, but haven't really taken much of a liking to it just yet...

Within the last couple of weeks, I've obtained samples of:

citrus big
    vetyver
    orig vetyver
    epicia
    neroli savage
    bois de cedrat
    aubepine acacia
    and chev. orig.

the stand-outs are: neroli savage, BdC, and chev orig. and maybe citrus big, but it might be too light.