Code of Conduct

Default Do people around me consider it weird smelling these....

I went to Singapore's Jasina and pretty much bought discontinued and hard to find scents(in this part of the world Devin,Obsession,Zino aren't available in any department stores so not many people are familiar with these scents)

I've been rotating these scents Obsession,Devin,Balenciaga,Zino,HoHang Club,Sybaris,Original Jazz in plastic bottle,Santos Sport.Mind you that nobody wears these scents in Jakarta, Indonesia. They all wear aquatic Boss,Tommy,Polo,etc.

Today I wore Furyo and ate at my favorite Sushi bar and I noticed that the waitresses kept sniffing but are too shy to ask or give compliments.The same thing happened the day before when I was on a date and I wore Obsession for Men and I know that my date liked it because each time the scent wafted into the air,she sniffed,maybe it was something different?Coz I know she likes ambery,sweet,vanillic scents.

Then the other day I wore Sybaris when I had my hair cut,and my hair stylist asked me what I was wearing and he was just clueless of what Sybaris is.

Are these scents becoming esoteric smelling in the age of ozonic-aqua-fresh-citrus offerings?

And I have not even worn my Macassar yet!
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

Default Re: Do people around me consider it weird smelling these....

Jasina rocks! I spent a good two hours at the store just chatting to the lovely lady owner and sampling dozens of different ones...I wished i walked away with more than four bottles....

im on a mission to stock up on some more Patou Pour Homme hopefully
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by abimanyu View Post
    Are these scents becoming esoteric smelling in the age of ozonic-aqua-fresh-citrus offerings?
    You are wearing some of my all-time favourite scents there: Furyo, Sybaris, Balenciaga, Ho Hang.

I would be nice to think that a new generation will rediscover these scents and turn away from ozonics/aquatics. For most young people these scents would carry no associations of the period they came out, so they are being appreciated purely for there beauty.

Great news.
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter they are known as liars.

Is it no so cool when you wear these long forgotten classic jewels...in this Aqua di Gio age?

I love hunting down these scents and wearing them - they truly do make you stand out amoung the crowd.
    Last edited by scentimus; 15th April 2007 at 02:48 PM.