Code of Conduct

Default more of O. Creed's and BN gets it's nose tweaked

from this listing for O. Creed's cologne bottle
    http://cgi.ebay.com/OLIVIER-CREED-24...ILF%3AUS%3A102
    comes this surprise description.
    partially
    OF COURSE THIS IS AN AUTHENTIC BOTTLE, I DON'T HAVE THE TIME OR THE NOSE OF OLIVIER TO MAKE A COPY OF HIS UNIQUE CREATIONS, EVEN WHEN I DO HAVE THE TIME TO MAKE UP SOME STORIES. LOL.. BOX HAS SOME DAMAGE BUT BOTTLE LABEL IS IN GOOD CONDITION, CAP MIGHT NEED SOME CLEANING IN ORDER TO SCREW IT ALL THE WAY IN, IT HAS SOME DRIED COLOGNE. MAYBE YOU CAN JUST FILL IT WITH YOUR FAVORITE FRAGANCE OR YOU COULD EVEN FILL IT WITH SCOTCH AND SELL IT TO A CREEDY-HYSTERIC FROM BASENOTE'S, I MEAN BASENOTES, I'M SURE THEY WOULDN'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE. LOL! JUST KIDDING! THANKS FOR LOOKING!

and there's an aftershave listing here
    http://cgi.ebay.com/OLIVIER-CREED-12...ILF%3AUS%3A102

the edt's and aftershave look brand new and as if a pro photographer was used

Default Re: more of O. Creed's and BN gets it's nose tweaked

Ha! Free promo for Basenotes

I am a bit skeptical of the backstory though - does this mean Erwin Creed had to create something too ? He doesnt have the name"henry" in his name.

It would be interesting to read Olivier Creed's response to all this (via ParfumsRaffy).
    -

The importsguy - 1 up for for courage ! Aren't you our newest member, importsguy? :wave: I would like to know if you still have offers on German Ebay (other than empty Creed bottles, of course) ? I find some of your Californian stuff interesting , to say the least...
    Last edited by narcus; 15th April 2007 at 05:39 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

is there anything to read from a Creed family member on ParfumsRaffy now?

Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo View Post
    is there anything to read from a Creed family member on ParfumsRaffy now?
    I thought a BN'er had contacted ParfumsRaffy about this, and they inturn had forwarded the query to Olivier Creed himself.

This "hysteria" is nothing compared to what happened when the first ever SL Rousse bottle was listed on Ebay last year. At that time, the seller was bombarded by the hardcore SL fans (that would be 90% of the MUA and POL membership) regarding its authencity and the seller had to stop taking questions.
    Last edited by zztopp; 15th April 2007 at 06:45 PM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    I thought a BN'er had contacted ParfumsRaffy about this, and they inturn had forwarded the query to Olivier Creed himself.
    This I recall. I was wondering if there were any writings by Creed's for public consumption on ParfumsRaffy already. I'm curious to read and I have to get out a lot more I know.

Hi BN friends, yes i am the newest and maybe youngest member!

Thank you Gary for posting another thread about my listings, and also thank you because you noticed i am a profesional photographer, that is or maybe was my primary business since i started the perfume listings a year ago, i own a photo studio here in Tijuana but i do a lot of work in southern California, and yes, i am a US citizen born in Tijuana, not an "illegal".
    Even do when some pictures don't look so professional, when don't take them in my office desk, if i have time i take them in my studio.
    zztopp- Erwin Creed contributed with Himalaya in 2002, was the first fragance where he participated, he is now 26
    narcus- everything i have should be offered world wide, if it is not specified, consider it as if it is.
    Regarding the "Olivier Creed" fragance background, honestly it was just an assumption, it makes sense, doesn't it??
    i was between that and:
    "Olivier Creed fragance was a creation of James Henry Creed in 1943 when his first son Olivier Henry Creed was born, he launched it that year and he named it Olivier Creed after his newborn son"
    I think this could also be possible, i don't know the exact age of these bottles, but many of you know i have sold some Rosine and Hermes from the 30's, Guerlain's from the 40's, and most of the Dior's from the 50's 60's, in very good mint condition, so it is hard to tell how old they're by it's cosmetic condition.

I dunno, maybe it's me, but as an American it seems like they type of hype-based marketing for which a seller simply screams. Creed has always has a very traditional marketing scheme; keep the packaging simple and let the product speak for itself. Even the shape of the Creed flagons harken back to the Napoleonic era, where Napoleon himself reputedly kept a "flask" of fragrance inside his boot due to the fact that he used it so often as to need it everywhere he went.

That said, I don't for one second believe that the aforementioned bottle is genuine, and even if I did would not purchase it without knowing what it smelled like. Basenotes has a reputation for discriminating tastes, not for buying random bottles without knowing what the bottles might contain. I have several lovely bottles lying around, as well as enough label and document printing software to start my owm "Vogue" magazine. The fact that I don't use them as this seller has speaks volumes as to my shortness of free time as well as to the seller's lack of virtue. I for one suggest we do not spend one more minute discussing the virtues of the virtue-less.

CJ

WHAT WAS THAT???...

OK, in order to make you guys happy, you can now find the vial sample of Olivier Creed in all it's variations, Eau de Cologne, Eau de Toilette and After Shave at a very reasonable price and with free shipping. I hope that somebody can confirm either if it is an original or a vintage fake. I promise I won't send you a vial of Chivas Regal.

Quote Originally Posted by theimportsguy
    OK, in order to make you guys happy, you can now find the vial sample of Olivier Creed in all it's variations, Eau de Cologne, Eau de Toilette and After Shave at a very reasonable price and with free shipping. I hope that somebody can confirm either if it is an original or a vintage fake. I promise I won't send you a vial of Chivas Regal.
    Thanks !

We cant confirm whether its the real thing because none of us know what it smells like, but I am interested in this offer - how about changing it to a "buy it now" instead of a 6 day bid ?
    --------------------------------------
    oh and the importsguy, have you tried it ? what do you think of it ?
    Last edited by zztopp; 16th April 2007 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    -

Well, at least if it's a quality fragance, it might not be an impostor. i am sure that if it is real, it has to be a very special one. A real expert should be able to notice the ingredients.
    I haven't tried it, i really don't like vintage fragances, i use YSL l'homme, a "nothing special" common scent, as many have described it in other thread.
    I know nothing about perfume, i wouldn't know how to describe it, i would like to learn, that is why i joined basenotes. But unfortunately, at this time i only know two terms, "smells good" and "smells bad".
    This Creed fragance smells good to me, not my type i guess. I have smelled most of what i sell, and sometimes i notice when a fragance smell similar to other one, like caron tabac blond and knize ten are very similar, All vetivers smell the same to me, Lanvin, Guerlain, R&G, etc... but this one smells different than any other fragance i have smelled, there is no point of comparison, i could say that it smells similar to something, but in this case i can't, the main reason is that my "perfume vocabulary" is VERY limited.

I would prefer to leave it listed and see what price reaches, after that i might set up a buy it now price for it. thanks. JLL

Gentlemen, we need to keep the discussion on fragrances. This is not a marketplace or selling/buying forum.

Thank you all,
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    I dunno, maybe it's me, but as an American it seems like they type of hype-based marketing for which a seller simply screams. Creed has always has a very traditional marketing scheme; keep the packaging simple and let the product speak for itself. Even the shape of the Creed flagons harken back to the Napoleonic era, where Napoleon himself reputedly kept a "flask" of fragrance inside his boot due to the fact that he used it so often as to need it everywhere he went.

That said, I don't for one second believe that the aforementioned bottle is genuine, and even if I did would not purchase it without knowing what it smelled like. Basenotes has a reputation for discriminating tastes, not for buying random bottles without knowing what the bottles might contain. I have several lovely bottles lying around, as well as enough label and document printing software to start my owm "Vogue" magazine. The fact that I don't use them as this seller has speaks volumes as to my shortness of free time as well as to the seller's lack of virtue. I for one suggest we do not spend one more minute discussing the virtues of the virtue-less.

CJ
    I also suggest we do not spend one more minute being rude for no reason. I ordered four or five bottles from this seller last week (not the creed mind you, but some Lubin and vintage Chanel), and he was very honest about what he was selling. As well, they are geniune and still fresh. So, if you don't think it real, that's your business, but I don't see why you need to say it in that way or talk about "virtue" while acting like a total jerk.

Like I said before, if this were a "scheme" to get money from a fake, it's a lousy way to do it. Faking GIT, SMW or MI would make infinitely more money and hype. Selling 25 bottles of fake GIT at $40 a pop would make a LOT more money for a counterfeiter than one bottle at $99 of an unknown Creed fragrance. As well, I'd say it is probably only Basenotes members who even care anything about this, so how is it generating "hype?"

If I'm wrong, fine, but until it's proven that there something foul here I don't see why we need to go insulting somebody who seems like a perfectly decent seller.
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 16th April 2007 at 06:51 PM.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

It seems as if there is a misconception here, and after reading the wording of my post, I suppose I am to blame.

I wasn't trying to infer that the actual seller of the bottle (who, by the way, I knew was a basenotes member when I wrote my post; reason enough for me not to insult him) but rather the person who packaged this Creed in the first place. I stand by my belief that this is not a genuine Creed bottle of fragrance, but I'm open to proof otherwise. That being said, my discussion of "virtue" or the lack thereof was aimed squarely at the person who I believe made what I consider to be a counterfeit Creed. After being burned once or twice by Creed counterfeiters, one can hardly blame me.

Be that as it may, I would like to offer theimportsguy a heartfelt apology for what must have seemed like an attack on him; I assure you that no such intent ever entered my mind.

CJ

Quote Originally Posted by rach2jlc View Post
    I also suggest we do not spend one more minute being rude for no reason. I ordered three or four bottles from this seller last week (not the creed mind you), and he was very honest about what he was selling. As well, they are geniune and still fresh. So, if you don't think it real, that's your business, but I don't see why you need to say it in that way or talk about "virtue" while acting like a total jerk.

Like I said before, if this were a "scheme" to get money from a fake, it's a lousy way to do it. Faking GIT, SMW or MI would make infinitely more money and hype. Selling 25 bottles of fake GIT at $40 a pop would make a LOT more money for a counterfeiter than one bottle at $99 of an unknown Creed fragrance.

It seems as if there is a misconception here, and after reading the wording of my post, I suppose I am to blame.

I wasn't trying to infer that the actual seller of the bottle (who, by the way, I knew was a basenotes member when I wrote my post; reason enough for me not to insult him) but rather the person who packaged this Creed in the first place. I stand by my belief that this is not a genuine Creed bottle of fragrance, but I'm open to proof otherwise. That being said, my discussion of "virtue" or the lack thereof was aimed squarely at the person who I believe made what I consider to be a counterfeit Creed. After being burned once or twice by Creed counterfeiters, one can hardly blame me.

Be that as it may, I would like to offer theimportsguy a heartfelt apology for what must have seemed like an attack on him; I assure you that no such intent ever entered my mind.

CJ
    I see now what you mean, CJ, and I'm sorry for jumping on you. Rereading your post, I appreciate the clarification (because, in my initial reading, I did read it as being directed at the seller). I, too, am interested in hearing the resolution of this item when the verdict comes in and hope it is real, just because it would be interesting to hear of a relatively unknown fragrance from such an illustrious house. I guess I was just a little short with you because on the many Creed threads, there is often so much disinformation and guessing involved anyway that I just didn't want someone's reputation put into question before the results were in.

Anyway, thanks again for clarifying and cheers!
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 16th April 2007 at 07:12 PM.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

No worries, John! I'm curious as to the verdict, too!

Cheers!

CJ

at the same time I wrote this post on Saturday around 11:00 am I wrote about a seperate O Creed edt for sale at $250. that post is now about 50 threads below this one so let me take the opportunity to mention that it's now $100 less

whatever it says here is what was posted to ebay on Sat about 11 am.
    There's an idea that I am the importguy or work with him. His listings came into my blog reader about 10 am on Sat thanks to RSS. you've seen the orange symbol which is now the international symbol for RSS just as theres a symbol for radiation danger.
    this listing has been changed 3 times since the original according to the listing.

here we go

4/14/07

OLIVIER CREED 240ML EAU DE TOILETTE 4 MEN, VINTAGE RARE

http://cgi.ebay.com/OLIVIER-CREED-24...ILF%3AUS%3A102

YOU ARE BIDDING ON A VINTAGE RARE 8 OZ FULL BOTTLE OF OLIVIER CREED EAU DE TOILETTE FOR MEN. YES!! THERE IS AN OLIVIER CREED EAU DE TOILETTE FRAGANCE! THIS IS A VERY RARE ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND FRAGANCE. "OLIVIER CREED" WAS OLIVIER'S FIRST CREATION AT THE AGE OF 21 WITH THE HELP OF HIS FATHER JAMES HENRY IN 1968. THERE IS AN UNKNOWN TRADITION AT THE CREED FAMILY WHERE THE FIRST MALE DESCENDANT, BESIDES HAVING THE NAME HENRY (ALONG WITH ANY OTHER), HAS TO CREATE A NEW FRAGANCE AT THE AGE OF 21. THE INFUSION TECHNIQUE WAS USED TO PRODUCE THIS UNIQUE FRAGANCE. I AM NOT A PERFUME EXPERT, SO I CAN'T TELL WHAT NOTES ARE IN THIS FRAGANCE, BUT I HAVE SMELLED IT AND I ASSURE YOU IT HASN'T TURNED. BOX IS IN GOOD CONDITION. YOU CAN SEE THE CREED LOGO ON THE BOTTOM OF THE BOTTLE. OF COURSE THIS IS AN AUTHENTIC FRAGANCE-BOTTLE, I DON'T HAVE THE TIME OR THE NOSE OF OLIVIER TO MAKE A COPY OF HIS UNIQUE CREATIONS.
    Last edited by fredricktoo; 17th April 2007 at 01:15 AM. Reason: to add dates and improve accuracy

Thank you John for your comment, and thank you CJ for clearing it up, i did felt attacked at first, but now that you have cleared it up i understand.
    I am completely sure this is not a fake, my grandfather's store had a very good reputation and i am sure he would never put it at risk by buying-selling fakes, many celebrities visited the store because of it's good reputation and stock.

I am even thinking that this could even be back from the year Olivier was born, 1947, usually i get an idea of the age of what i find by the place where it was found, the warehouse is very big, and these creed bottles where in a corner where i found other rosine and houbigant bottles, i found two more creed cologne bottles today in a box that had written: "perfumeria antigua", "vintage perfumes", the store closed in 1986, i've seen what i think it could be the last boxes that where closed and stored in that year, but these "perfumeria antigua" boxes, really looked vintage, i could say it was from before the 70's, i hope that the Olivier Creed itself answers, i read somewhere that they asked him trough somebody, i don't remember if it was this thread.

I'l give you a little more information about the Creed. I tried a bit today, i don't know the words that have to be used to describe it but this is what i think of it:
    It smells like tangerine!, at first is very citrus, at some point spicy, a mixed scent between lime and tangerine, then after a few minutes leaves a nice fresh scent like a field of orange trees, have you ever experienced something similar?, there is an atraction at Disneyland where you are supposed to be flying in front of a big screen, and you experience scents of the places you fly by, a golf course smells like grass, a forest smells like pines, and then you pass over a field of orange trees, and that is what it remind me, i still have it on the back of my hand and can catch a bit of it. I really didn't noticed any difference between the EDT, EDC & AF, i've smelled some fragances where the EDT is a bit different from the EDC, but they all smell the same to me. Is there any other vintage fragance that you know that smells similar to what i described? i was trying to find one but i couldn't, well, i only tried about 10 different, and the closest one i found, was 4711 original cologne, maybe because of the lime or something like that, but i found the 4711 kind of soapy, you know?, like bath soap??, but at least there is one ingredient that both have. Well, i hope at least this gives you an idea before some real expert tries it and posts his opinion. JLL

Quote Originally Posted by theimportsguy View Post
    Thank you John for your comment, and thank you CJ for clearing it up, i did felt attacked at first, but now that you have cleared it up i understand.
    I am completely sure this is not a fake, my grandfather's store had a very good reputation and i am sure he would never put it at risk by buying-selling fakes, many celebrities visited the store because of it's good reputation and stock.

I am even thinking that this could even be back from the year Olivier was born, 1947, usually i get an idea of the age of what i find by the place where it was found, the warehouse is very big, and these creed bottles where in a corner where i found other rosine and houbigant bottles, i found two more creed cologne bottles today in a box that had written: "perfumeria antigua", "vintage perfumes", the store closed in 1986, i've seen what i think it could be the last boxes that where closed and stored in that year, but these "perfumeria antigua" boxes, really looked vintage, i could say it was from before the 70's, i hope that the Olivier Creed itself answers, i read somewhere that they asked him trough somebody, i don't remember if it was this thread.

I'l give you a little more information about the Creed. I tried a bit today, i don't know the words that have to be used to describe it but this is what i think of it:
    It smells like tangerine!, at first is very citrus, at some point spicy, a mixed scent between lime and tangerine, then after a few minutes leaves a nice fresh scent like a field of orange trees, have you ever experienced something similar?, there is an atraction at Disneyland where you are supposed to be flying in front of a big screen, and you experience scents of the places you fly by, a golf course smells like grass, a forest smells like pines, and then you pass over a field of orange trees, and that is what it remind me, i still have it on the back of my hand and can catch a bit of it. I really didn't noticed any difference between the EDT, EDC & AF, i've smelled some fragances where the EDT is a bit different from the EDC, but they all smell the same to me. Is there any other vintage fragance that you know that smells similar to what i described? i was trying to find one but i couldn't, well, i only tried about 10 different, and the closest one i found, was 4711 original cologne, maybe because of the lime or something like that, but i found the 4711 kind of soapy, you know?, like bath soap??, but at least there is one ingredient that both have. Well, i hope at least this gives you an idea before some real expert tries it and posts his opinion. JLL
    What were the two new bottles? More of the same? Full or empty?
    Someone HAS to get info from Creed on this!!
    Sounds like it was a classic Eau de Cologne.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

JLL,

Glad we could clear up the misunderstanding!

I have to admit that my skepticism is starting to give way to a small ray of hope that this stuff is real. I think the only way to be certain is to send it to Olivier himself and ask him. Whatever it costs to send to Paris, I'm sure that if its real you'll have no trouble making up the $ once he gives you confirmation.

As a huge Creed fan, I'm curious as hell to smell this stuff; it sounds like a cross between Orange Spice and Zeste Mandarine Pamplemousse; that would be consistent with many of the most popular men's fragrances of the time (citrusy and fresh, a la Dior's Eau Sauvage).

CJ

I found two more full cologne's, i mean colognes (lol)

I think the only way to be certain is to send it to Olivier himself and ask him. Whatever it costs to send to Paris, I'm sure that if its real you'll have no trouble making up the $ once he gives you confirmation.
    Send it to Olivier?, a full bottle or a sample??, the only way i would send him a full bottle would be if he asks me to deliver it in person and sends his jet to pick me up!! LOL!!

Dior Eau Sauvage??, i had some of those, i should have another one somewhere, i will look and let you know if there is something similar between them. JLL

Wow no one bid on it and the auction is over. I am very curious about this bottle.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

I didn't want to begin a new thread: from a local internet seller I could buy Creed Original Vetiver at an extremely good price. But they write that it is edc. I don't know If Creed makes edt and edc version of OV (and possibly other scents in its line) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    I didn't want to begin a new thread: from a local internet seller I could buy Creed Original Vetiver at an extremely good price. But they write that it is edc. I don't know If Creed makes edt and edc version of OV (and possibly other scents in its line) ?
    No, all the recent ones are "Millesime" (EDP). Earlier ones are EDT. They are all on the website creedfragrances.co.uk.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Thank You, Hirch!
    That is what came down from what I've read, but the price is so low, I had to ask it. Yes, it seems to be genuine. In my country even at that low prices they could sell seldom some bottles. The same 'rule' applies to say cars.

was this what he was selling?

http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-OLIVER-C...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll..._promot_widget

do you guys think these are real, or old fakes? Sorry if this has already been discussed in another thread.

it was your second link, the cologne. Enlarged you can see the word cologne.

It was left pretty much up in the air when the thread died.

Now this lime green edt. That looks very strange.

hmmm the seller claims the green one is at least 40 years old. You can kind of see the original price sticker on it too.