Code of Conduct

Default recommendation for watery, gardenic white florals

hi

am on a sentimental journey here, hehe

any recommendations for great white floral scents?? pointing to watery, gardenic (not marine scents). something to the tone of lilies, orange/lemon blossoms, narcissus, etc.. (not those creamy ones like magnolia, jasmine - or at least not the creamy versions of these flowers). preferably something that can be worn even on hot days and in general

i love serge lutens florals but those like FDCitronnier & FDOranger suit me better on cooler days/nights

i've also tried recently some diptyque scents like olene & jardin clois - both are good but something about diptyque and my skin.. seems their perfume dont sink in.. maybe because im getting some heady notes there??

appreciate any recommendations..

thanks thanks !!
    -charles

Default Re: recommendation for watery, gardenic white florals

Welcomewellcome!! CMK40

Have you tried Kai??? Quintessential light gardenia with a rain shower note!! "bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

The unisex scent "Un Jardin sur le Nil" by Hermes boasts grapefruit, green mango and lotus. I think it may be something worth investigating further.

Try out Farenheit 32 or CDG lilly this las one is so yummy and really unisex!
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

Though not a fan of Fleur du Male from Gaultier, but it has a very strong I thing acacia note, from the top to the drydown. If you use it sparely it may not be overwhelming and would satisfy you.

Basenotes Institution

It's not a man's fragrance, but have you ever sniffed White Linen by Estee Lauder?

Off-Scenter

Lys Mediterranee or En Passant might fit the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibert View Post
    Lys Mediterranee or En Passant might fit the bill.
    I was going to mention En Passant. Lovely to say the least. Now, you said that you are not into creamy, but if you could try to sniff Frederic Malle's (both of the mentioned ones are from Frederic Malle as well) Carnal Flower. An amazing take on tuberose, which might suit you since you seem to be one of the daring (the best kind of all!) ones...

Also mentioned Lily from Comme des Garçons get's my vote.

Charles, were you the one sending this kind of question to Marlen of PerfumeCritic.com?
    Got the mail and was supposed to send you an answer, but I guess giving it here works as well
    Last edited by shifts; 16th April 2007 at 08:55 AM. Reason: addition

Quote Originally Posted by shifts View Post
    I was going to mention En Passant. Lovely to say the least. Now, you said that you are not into creamy, but if you could try to sniff Frederic Malle's (both of the mentioned ones are from Frederic Malle as well) Carnal Flower. An amazing take on tuberose, which might suit you since you seem to be one of the daring (the best kind of all!) ones...

Also mentioned Lily from Comme des Garçons get's my vote.

Charles, were you the one sending this kind of question to Marlen of PerfumeCritic.com?
    Got the mail and was supposed to send you an answer, but I guess giving it here works as well

haha, it was me indeed, Shifts.. thanks for the recommendations from everyone, am excited to sniff out those awesome names. well of course most of them aren't available in Asia, at least not here in Singapore (yet), but i'd like to at least read around about them for comments

unfortunately the shop here ran out of CDG leaves series, hopefully they'll re-stock sometime soon

am waiting though for fahrenheit 32 (which has and is white !!), hopefully a deserving opposite twin brother to my all time favorite fahrenheit (haha, not a very weird one but it's my fave anyway !!

cheers !!
    Last edited by lilyboy; 16th April 2007 at 03:11 PM. Reason: added comments