Code of Conduct

Default SotD Monday 16 April

Monday morning, wake up and smell the coffee! In my case: CdG WoodCoffee.

Have a marvy Monday, everyone!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Monday 16 April

Ah, Mrs Tigs, do you smell gorgeous!! Great wake-up call.

Yesterday: Kenya's Joshua Chelanga won the Rotterdam Marathon for professional runners. For amateurs however the race was halted due to the heat!!
    The Netherlands had the dubious honour to be the warmest country in Europe, even hotter than Egypt
    I am thinking of packing my suitcase for a stay at the Outer Hebrides, wearing

Fleurs de Chocolat.

There may not be a perfume shop within 100 miles and the sheep are rather smelly, but they have my kind of weather .....and pubs!!
    Well, I suppose our USA members are also not completely happy with their snowstorms.
    Global warming effect, anybody?

Have a safe start of the week!
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    Ah, Mrs Tigs, do you smell gorgeous!! Great wake-up call.

Yesterday: Kenya's Joshua Chelanga won the Rotterdam Marathon for professional runners. For amateurs however the race was halted due to the heat!!
    The Netherlands had the dubious honour to be the warmest country in Europe, even hotter than Egypt
    I am thinking of packing my suitcase for a stay at the Outer Hebrides, wearing

Fleurs de Chocolat.

There may not be a perfume shop within 100 miles and the sheep are rather smelly, but they have my kind of weather .....and pubs!!
    Well, I suppose our USA members are also not completely happy with their snowstorms.
    Global warming effect, anybody?

Have a safe start of the week!
    Goodness you are up early! In the Outer Hebrides you'll be smelling of Eau de Northern Lights in no time. Very fragrant underneath three feet of wooly pullover!
    Last edited by Eluard; 16th April 2007 at 06:06 AM.
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter — they are known as liars.

Caron Pour Un Homme to deal with another day of heat!

I'll be joining you on that trip, my dear R. It's out of control here

Good week to you all
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Quote Originally Posted by Eluard View Post
    Goodness you are up early! In the Outer Hebrides you'll be smelling of Eau de Northern Lights in no time. Very fragrant underneath three feet of wooly pullover!
    Not in your wardrobe, so, which perfume idiot is Googling at this time of day in this kind of weather?? Right!!
    And now I am so curious: is this the one from Perry Ellis or the one on this site http://www.styloweprezenty.pl/produkt.php?id=405&kat=12

I admit, a bit difficult to read. But they have intriguing scents.
    "Bestsellery" (no, that is not one of my typing errors!)
    1. Kubek Sheepworld 083 (ROTFL)
    2. Pralinki " Hearts in Heart "
    3. Barek Księga

Number 1: Sheepworld 083 Must have that one also to go with the woollies. Let's just hope that no farmer is tempted to paint "nr. 83" on my....ehrm....
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by BrothaG View Post
    Caron Pour Un Homme to deal with another day of heat!

I'll be joining you on that trip, my dear R. It's out of control here

Good week to you all
    One more day of this heat and you will see me going out of control!
    Right, pack suitcases, Murdock is waiting at Rotterdam Airport

Eew, no sign of our BA!! Lievje dear, how are you? Still reading us?
    Take care, sweetie!
    Last edited by Riannon; 16th April 2007 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Paco Rabanne - La Nuit

Guerlain AA Herba-Fresca

Two hours ago I coverd myself in Jo Malone's Vetyver, combined with JM Orange Blossom. I thought they were doing great till half an hour ago I decided to try my new sample of Andy Tauer's L'air du Desert Morocain which has blown the Jo Malones out of the water. It is only a couple of spritzes on the back of one hand, but it's potently dominant. I'm not complaining - it's great stuff. I will keep my nose on it to make sure it doesn't turn sweaty, but thus far I'm very happy with it.

On this rainy day I'm wearing Crystal noir edt.Actually happy about the rain...much better than snow!:P

ROTFL!!!

The female fragrance thread is hijacked by men

Come in guys, have a whisky and a cigar and make yourself comfortable.
    Oh, this is going to be the start of a beautiful cooperation.

Hiya, everyone! I am now in Singapore for holiday, woo hoo~
    I wore Diorissimo this morning before boarding the plane.
    I only brought one full bottle and 2 small decants for the trip.

I have already switched to Floret to see my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Hiya, everyone! I am now in Singapore for holiday, woo hoo~
    I wore Diorissimo this morning before boarding the plane.

I have already switched to Floret to see my friends.
    Now, that is dedication! On holiday and still in touch with us!

Enjoy your holiday, dear GC and my blessings on your creditcards. They will need it

ROTFL!!!

Awww have we guys tracked mud all over your purrrdy carpet?

Not in your wardrobe, so, which perfume idiot is Googling at this time of day in this kind of weather?? Right!!
    And now I am so curious: is this the one from Perry Ellis or the one on this site http://www.styloweprezenty.pl/produkt.php?id=405&kat=12

I admit, a bit difficult to read. But they have intriguing scents.
    "Bestsellery" (no, that is not one of my typing errors!)
    1. Kubek Sheepworld 083 (ROTFL)
    2. Pralinki " Hearts in Heart "
    3. Barek Ksi?ga

Number 1: Sheepworld 083 Must have that one also to go with the woollies. Let's just hope that no farmer is tempted to paint "nr. 83" on my....ehrm....
    My God, it lives!! I thought I was simply making it up! Well found that girl at the front!

But now that you've found it it should really come in useful up there in the Hebs. And you can layer it with Sheepworld 083 on Sundays when you want some subtlety (Moondeva can guide you through the steps there). And if you do it right they won't have to paint the number on at all.

Though now that I see them all I'm convinced that Pralinki is the one for you. I'm looking forward to the 7 Days of Feasting on Pralinki thread.

So as not to be completely off-topic I have been doused in Balenciaga PH for most of the day, A/S and EDT. And Spanish boots of Spanish leather.
    Last edited by Eluard; 16th April 2007 at 11:57 AM.
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter — they are known as liars.

10 Corso Como today. Reminds me strongly of the smell of birch leaves, so this would be a good fragrance for spring.

Yes what is happening with the weather! Yesterday I saw the film " The day after tomorrow", scary scary scenario, I hope this is never going to happen; but certainly we can't continue going on destroying mother earth like this. She will take revenge eventually.

Annick Goutal Songes with a veil of Eugenie on belly and lower back
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I'm wearing Shalimar Eau Légère today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I have a little Ivoire de Balmain on my t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluard View Post

My God, it lives!! I thought I was simply making it up! Well found that girl at the front!

But now that you've found it it should really come in useful up there in the Hebs. And you can layer it with Sheepworld 083 on Sundays when you want some subtlety (Moondeva can guide you through the steps there). And if you do it right they won't have to paint the number on at all.

Though now that I see them all I'm convinced that Pralinki is the one for you. I'm looking forward to the 7 Days of Feasting on Pralinki thread.

So as not to be completely off-topic I have been doused in Balenciaga PH for most of the day, A/S and EDT. And Spanish boots of Spanish leather.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

And now please remove your beautiful though muddy boots from the table! I just polished it

Tea For Two....."and two for tea, and me for you and you for me tra la....!!!" :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Sharing the house with Mrs. Tigs today and becoming one with the grey, rainy day here in CdG's Kyoto.

And STILL trying to get through customs with all my decants to meet up with Riannon and BrothaG at the airport... though thanks to my superlative acting skills , the authorities have actually allowed me through, I just seem to have gotten a wee bit held up in the Duty Free's fragrance aisles. They don't have any Pralinki....

Eluard, you can put your muddy Spanish boots on my end of the table, I've given up on polishing it 'til my kids are out of the house. You just have to give me occasional access to a pulse point, and score a bottle of Kubek Sheepsworld 083 for dear Riannon.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    happy about the rain...much better than snow!
    I couldn´t agree more! (snow is for x-mas, right?)

Sampling Clean Baby Girl today.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    And STILL trying to get through customs with all my decants to meet up with Riannon and BrothaG at the airport... though thanks to my superlative acting skills , the authorities have actually allowed me through, I just seem to have gotten a wee bit held up in the Duty Free's fragrance aisles. They don't have any Pralinki....
    Chatting up the SA's as usual eh, Face??
    Hannibal shows signs of impatience and it seems we have to replace BA. Do you think LIB will volunteer?
    For a bottle of Pralinki and Sheepsworld 083?

::checking if they ship samples::

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Good lord, that's impressive self-control! I can't go away for a weekend without at least four to choose from!

Philosykos today, to reflect the fact that it's amazingly hot and sunny, and my garden is wonderfully green.

Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    ROTFL!!!

I'll take the hint...
    CG

Wearing Genny (black) by Gianfranco Genny today. Have a good start of a week!

Quote Originally Posted by caboose View Post
    Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    ROTFL!!!

I'll take the hint...
    There, there, dear Caboose!!
    This was the complete post
    ROTFL!!!

Come in guys, have a whisky and a cigar and make yourself comfortable.
    Oh, this is going to be the start of a beautiful cooperation.
    Now, is that a warm welcome or not?

Testing out Miller Harris' Coeur d'Ete. We can hope for sun, right?

I've just topped up my Andy Tauer L'air du Desert Morocain as I've washed my hand a few times since the first application to a hand this morning. Just a moment after I sprayed it one of my colleagues came in to my office and asked what is that nice smell, and how nice it is to smell something different around here sometimes.

That is the first time anyone at work has ever commented on my perfumes. I was very surprised to hear a compliment. I'd always assumed there was a quiet resistance to my perfumes. I've been expecting the resistance movement to fire a shot across the bows and ask me to desist from wearing them, so I'm very encouraged to get a positive comment and question from an unexpected source.

Well done Andy Tauer, you squared up to my macho boys very well there.
    Last edited by Sestra; 16th April 2007 at 03:02 PM.

aramis 900
    Wishlist is pointless.

Givenchy III for me.

They don't have any Pralinki....
    One can't leave home without some Pralinki.

Eluard, you can put your muddy Spanish boots on my end of the table, I've given up on polishing it 'til my kids are out of the house. You just have to give me occasional access to a pulse point, and score a bottle of Kubek Sheepsworld 083 for dear Riannon.
    That sounds like an offer no red-blooded male could refuse!

Just slightly above freezing over here on this cold, grey day, so I'm warming up with Shalimar. I'm really envying the heat that you are having over in Europe.

Have a great day!
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

I could use a little dry heat here in NJ.

Anyway I'm dipping into my supply of Libertine today! If it wasn't discontinued I'd wear it much more often.

Parfums de Nicolai Haute Provence Ead de Lavande.
    DONNA

Basenotes Institution

Mechant Loup by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

All you folks smell delightful and sound so funny. I appreciate being in your campy company.

Second day for Cabochard and Orange Blossom. It must be some rite of spring as I thought I lost my need for these frags. Hmmm.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Back in Black Orchid today, which I all but bathed in all weekend, I missed it so much. I have six decants of different scents, none of which remotely agreed with me, so I suppose I will chalk that expenditure up to "learning" and move on...

SJP Lovely before I shower because my lady friend is stopping by with coffee and hugs. Guerlain Herba Fresca afterwards to cut through this head cold.

Chanel No 19 today. I do believe I have found my HG (at least for 2007). I could easilly have No 19 as my only frag! - But during my perfume-seeking, I have found 22 other perfumes who is almost HG:s, and I can´t separate from anyone of these 23 pefumes...
    Last edited by Margareta; 16th April 2007 at 05:22 PM.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Fleurs du Chocolat

COTY'S L'AIMANT...love, love, love it! Smells quite similar to my vintage Nuit de Noel PDT.

Started the day wearing Monsoon, ended it wearing a LARGE amount of Ambre Sultan, because that is all I had on me, and I found myself sitting next to an extremely malodorous man on a train. I smothered myself in Ambre Sultan and he got off. Ah, the power! :-)
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Now, that is dedication! On holiday and still in touch with us!

Enjoy your holiday, dear GC and my blessings on your creditcards. They will need it
    Thanks my dear GM... I am enjoying it so far, tonight I had chili crab and butter crab for dinner. Then I went to a local supermarket which opens 24/7. They have this aisle of perfume from ranging from the Jovan Musk to various brands or no-frills. I have locked my credit card in the safe

Squeezeweasel, I was tempted to bring more but I ended up just bring a bottle of Floret, a decant of Douce Amere and a sample of Eau de Noho. Normally, I would bring more but I had to restrain myself from lugging to many things and ended up not using them. Bring less gives myself a chance for trying new things or ended up maxing out on my credit card...

Chatting up the SA's as usual eh, Face??
    Hannibal shows signs of impatience and it seems we have to replace BA. Do you think LIB will volunteer?
    For a bottle of Pralinki and Sheepsworld 083?

::checking if they ship samples::
    Sigh, I can't leave you unattended ... ok, since BA/lievje didn't show up yet, if the gang needs me, I put on a couple kilos goldware and here I am, Baracus at your orders (leaving Amy at home for this adventure). But let me state one thing: SotD was aptly Métallica but I am not willing to drive our van anywhere if I don't douse myself in Pralinki first...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black View Post
    Sigh, I can't leave you unattended ... ok, since BA/lievje didn't show up yet, if the gang needs me, I put on a couple kilos goldware and here I am, Baracus at your orders (leaving Amy at home for this adventure). But let me state one thing: SotD was aptly Métallica but I am not willing to drive our van anywhere if I don't douse myself in Pralinki first...
    ::scribbling:: That's already three bottles of Pralinki
    Right, and I promise: no jibba-jabba from me tonight! Let's hit that chatroom, BA!

Mania for Men by Armani

Unhappy Re: SotD Monday 16 April

I have a rotten cold today and have become completely anosmic! It's terrible! I can't even smell my most intense scents, Chergui and Jungle. Heck, I can't even smell onions!!! I am very sad.

Last night- L'Instant de Guerlain- love the magnolia and the base is beautiful, but I really feel that I need to find the young blond in pink that this ought to belong to and give her perfume back.

This morning- Samsara. So I'm a philistine for wearing orientals in the morning, but it is cool and dull grey day in Seattle (yeah- who would have thought?) and I want to get my sandalwood fixes in before summer.

Nice one, Clemmie! I love Ambre Sultan.

Sorry to hear that, Elf - that really blows! Along with your nose, I expect!

It's weird, I've been almost hyper-aware of smells the last few days - I don't know if this is because I can't wear much myself, or whether it's just the nice warm weather bringing all the flower scents out. I nearly had a nosegasm walking past some lilacs on my way home from work...

Scent for tonight, the last drops of

The Unicorn Spell

Goodnight to you all and to my dear LIB

I will have a dragon watching over me tonight, keeping me warm and safe....I will be wearing

Le Baiser Du Dragon

as my bedtime scent.
    :wave: :wave:Good night, R!
    Last edited by Lady_in_Black; 16th April 2007 at 10:35 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Off to bed in TBS Tea Rose Perfume Oil.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

NUIT DE NOEL PDT for night