Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 53
  1. #1

    tigrushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    10,758
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default SotD Monday 16 April

    Monday morning, wake up and smell the coffee! In my case: CdG WoodCoffee.

    Have a marvy Monday, everyone!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

  2. #2

    Default Re: SotD Monday 16 April

    Ah, Mrs Tigs, do you smell gorgeous!! Great wake-up call.

    Yesterday: Kenya's Joshua Chelanga won the Rotterdam Marathon for professional runners. For amateurs however the race was halted due to the heat!!
    The Netherlands had the dubious honour to be the warmest country in Europe, even hotter than Egypt
    I am thinking of packing my suitcase for a stay at the Outer Hebrides, wearing

    Fleurs de Chocolat.

    There may not be a perfume shop within 100 miles and the sheep are rather smelly, but they have my kind of weather .....and pubs!!
    Well, I suppose our USA members are also not completely happy with their snowstorms.
    Global warming effect, anybody?

    Have a safe start of the week!
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp
    Currently wearing: VIP Room by VIP Room

  3. #3

    Default Re: SotD Monday 16 April

    Quote Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    Ah, Mrs Tigs, do you smell gorgeous!! Great wake-up call.

    Yesterday: Kenya's Joshua Chelanga won the Rotterdam Marathon for professional runners. For amateurs however the race was halted due to the heat!!
    The Netherlands had the dubious honour to be the warmest country in Europe, even hotter than Egypt
    I am thinking of packing my suitcase for a stay at the Outer Hebrides, wearing

    Fleurs de Chocolat.

    There may not be a perfume shop within 100 miles and the sheep are rather smelly, but they have my kind of weather .....and pubs!!
    Well, I suppose our USA members are also not completely happy with their snowstorms.
    Global warming effect, anybody?

    Have a safe start of the week!
    Goodness you are up early! In the Outer Hebrides you'll be smelling of Eau de Northern Lights in no time. Very fragrant underneath three feet of wooly pullover!
    Last edited by Eluard; 16th April 2007 at 05:06 AM.
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter — they are known as liars.

  4. #4

    Default Re: SotD Monday 16 April

    Caron Pour Un Homme to deal with another day of heat!

    I'll be joining you on that trip, my dear R. It's out of control here

    Good week to you all
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

    There is always the sky to look at

  5. #5

    Default Re: SotD Monday 16 April

    Quote Originally Posted by Eluard View Post
    Goodness you are up early! In the Outer Hebrides you'll be smelling of Eau de Northern Lights in no time. Very fragrant underneath three feet of wooly pullover!
    Not in your wardrobe, so, which perfume idiot is Googling at this time of day in this kind of weather?? Right!!
    And now I am so curious: is this the one from Perry Ellis or the one on this site http://www.styloweprezenty.pl/produkt.php?id=405&kat=12

    I admit, a bit difficult to read. But they have intriguing scents.
    "Bestsellery" (no, that is not one of my typing errors!)
    1. Kubek Sheepworld 083 (ROTFL)
    2. Pralinki " Hearts in Heart "
    3. Barek Księga

    Number 1: Sheepworld 083 Must have that one also to go with the woollies. Let's just hope that no farmer is tempted to paint "nr. 83" on my....ehrm....
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by BrothaG View Post
    Caron Pour Un Homme to deal with another day of heat!

    I'll be joining you on that trip, my dear R. It's out of control here

    Good week to you all
    One more day of this heat and you will see me going out of control!
    Right, pack suitcases, Murdock is waiting at Rotterdam Airport

    Eew, no sign of our BA!! Lievje dear, how are you? Still reading us?
    Take care, sweetie!
    Last edited by Riannon; 16th April 2007 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp
    Currently wearing: VIP Room by VIP Room

  6. #6

    Default Re: SotD Monday 16 April

    Paco Rabanne - La Nuit

  7. #7

    Default Re: SotD Monday 16 April

    Guerlain AA Herba-Fresca

  8. #8

    Default Re: SotD Monday 16 April

    Two hours ago I coverd myself in Jo Malone's Vetyver, combined with JM Orange Blossom. I thought they were doing great till half an hour ago I decided to try my new sample of Andy Tauer's L'air du Desert Morocain which has blown the Jo Malones out of the water. It is only a couple of spritzes on the back of one hand, but it's potently dominant. I'm not complaining - it's great stuff. I will keep my nose on it to make sure it doesn't turn sweaty, but thus far I'm very happy with it.

  9. #9

    Default Re: SotD Monday 16 April

    On this rainy day I'm wearing Crystal noir edt.Actually happy about the rain...much better than snow!:P
    Currently wearing: Dune by Christian Dior

  10. #10

    Default Re: SotD Monday 16 April

    ROTFL!!!

    The female fragrance thread is hijacked by men

    Come in guys, have a whisky and a cigar and make yourself comfortable.
    Oh, this is going to be the start of a beautiful cooperation.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp
    Currently wearing: VIP Room by VIP Room

  11. #11

    Default Re: SotD Monday 16 April

    Hiya, everyone! I am now in Singapore for holiday, woo hoo~
    I wore Diorissimo this morning before boarding the plane.
    I only brought one full bottle and 2 small decants for the trip.

    I have already switched to Floret to see my friends.
    Currently wearing: Gold Woman by Amouage

  12. #12

    Default Re: SotD Monday 16 April

    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Hiya, everyone! I am now in Singapore for holiday, woo hoo~
    I wore Diorissimo this morning before boarding the plane.
    I only brought one full bottle and 2 small decants for the trip.

    I have already switched to Floret to see my friends.
    Now, that is dedication! On holiday and still in touch with us!

    Enjoy your holiday, dear GC and my blessings on your creditcards. They will need it
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp
    Currently wearing: VIP Room by VIP Room

  13. #13

    Default Re: SotD Monday 16 April

    Quote Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    ROTFL!!!

    The female fragrance thread is hijacked by men
    Awww have we guys tracked mud all over your purrrdy carpet?


    Quote Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    Not in your wardrobe, so, which perfume idiot is Googling at this time of day in this kind of weather?? Right!!
    And now I am so curious: is this the one from Perry Ellis or the one on this site http://www.styloweprezenty.pl/produkt.php?id=405&kat=12

    I admit, a bit difficult to read. But they have intriguing scents.
    "Bestsellery" (no, that is not one of my typing errors!)
    1. Kubek Sheepworld 083 (ROTFL)
    2. Pralinki " Hearts in Heart "
    3. Barek Ksi?ga

    Number 1: Sheepworld 083 Must have that one also to go with the woollies. Let's just hope that no farmer is tempted to paint "nr. 83" on my....ehrm....
    My God, it lives!! I thought I was simply making it up! Well found that girl at the front!

    But now that you've found it it should really come in useful up there in the Hebs. And you can layer it with Sheepworld 083 on Sundays when you want some subtlety (Moondeva can guide you through the steps there). And if you do it right they won't have to paint the number on at all.

    Though now that I see them all I'm convinced that Pralinki is the one for you. I'm looking forward to the 7 Days of Feasting on Pralinki thread.

    *******

    So as not to be completely off-topic I have been doused in Balenciaga PH for most of the day, A/S and EDT. And Spanish boots of Spanish leather.
    Last edited by Eluard; 16th April 2007 at 10:57 AM.
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter — they are known as liars.

  14. #14

    Default Re: SotD Monday 16 April

    10 Corso Como today. Reminds me strongly of the smell of birch leaves, so this would be a good fragrance for spring.

    Yes what is happening with the weather! Yesterday I saw the film " The day after tomorrow", scary scary scenario, I hope this is never going to happen; but certainly we can't continue going on destroying mother earth like this. She will take revenge eventually.

  15. #15

    Default Re: SotD Monday 16 April

    Annick Goutal Songes with a veil of Eugenie on belly and lower back
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

    What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

  16. #16
    heart of ice
    shadesofbleu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Jayhawk country!
    Posts
    10,700

    Default Re: SotD Monday 16 April

    I'm wearing Shalimar Eau Légère today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

  17. #17

    Default Re: SotD Monday 16 April

    I have a little Ivoire de Balmain on my t-shirt.

  18. #18

    Default Re: SotD Monday 16 April

    Quote Originally Posted by Eluard View Post
    Awww have we guys tracked mud all over your purrrdy carpet?


    My God, it lives!! I thought I was simply making it up! Well found that girl at the front!

    But now that you've found it it should really come in useful up there in the Hebs. And you can layer it with Sheepworld 083 on Sundays when you want some subtlety (Moondeva can guide you through the steps there). And if you do it right they won't have to paint the number on at all.

    Though now that I see them all I'm convinced that Pralinki is the one for you. I'm looking forward to the 7 Days of Feasting on Pralinki thread.

    *******

    So as not to be completely off-topic I have been doused in Balenciaga PH for most of the day, A/S and EDT. And Spanish boots of Spanish leather.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

    And now please remove your beautiful though muddy boots from the table! I just polished it
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp
    Currently wearing: VIP Room by VIP Room

  19. #19

    TaoLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Coastal South Carolina
    Posts
    6,418

    Default Re: SotD Monday 16 April

    Tea For Two....."and two for tea, and me for you and you for me tra la....!!!" :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

  20. #20

    ComDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,738

    Default Re: SotD Monday 16 April

    Sharing the house with Mrs. Tigs today and becoming one with the grey, rainy day here in CdG's Kyoto.

    And STILL trying to get through customs with all my decants to meet up with Riannon and BrothaG at the airport... though thanks to my superlative acting skills , the authorities have actually allowed me through, I just seem to have gotten a wee bit held up in the Duty Free's fragrance aisles. They don't have any Pralinki....

    Eluard, you can put your muddy Spanish boots on my end of the table, I've given up on polishing it 'til my kids are out of the house. You just have to give me occasional access to a pulse point, and score a bottle of Kubek Sheepsworld 083 for dear Riannon.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

    My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...
    Currently wearing: Infusion d'Iris by Prada

  21. #21
    musse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Southern Norway
    Posts
    4,001

    Default Re: SotD Monday 16 April

    Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    happy about the rain...much better than snow!
    I couldn´t agree more! (snow is for x-mas, right?)

    Sampling Clean Baby Girl today.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

  22. #22

    Default Re: SotD Monday 16 April

    Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    And STILL trying to get through customs with all my decants to meet up with Riannon and BrothaG at the airport... though thanks to my superlative acting skills , the authorities have actually allowed me through, I just seem to have gotten a wee bit held up in the Duty Free's fragrance aisles. They don't have any Pralinki....
    Chatting up the SA's as usual eh, Face??
    Hannibal shows signs of impatience and it seems we have to replace BA. Do you think LIB will volunteer?
    For a bottle of Pralinki and Sheepsworld 083?

    ::checking if they ship samples::
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp
    Currently wearing: VIP Room by VIP Room

  23. #23

    Default Re: SotD Monday 16 April

    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    I only brought one full bottle and 2 small decants for the trip.
    Good lord, that's impressive self-control! I can't go away for a weekend without at least four to choose from!

    Philosykos today, to reflect the fact that it's amazingly hot and sunny, and my garden is wonderfully green.

  24. #24

    Default Re: SotD Monday 16 April

    Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    ROTFL!!!

    The female fragrance thread is hijacked by men
    Awww have we guys tracked mud all over your purrrdy carpet?
    ************************************************** **********************
    I'll take the hint...
    CG

  25. #25
    Basenotes Institution

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    10,143

    Default Re: SotD Monday 16 April

    Wearing Genny (black) by Gianfranco Genny today. Have a good start of a week!

  26. #26

    Default Re: SotD Monday 16 April

    Quote Originally Posted by caboose View Post
    Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    ROTFL!!!

    The female fragrance thread is hijacked by men
    Awww have we guys tracked mud all over your purrrdy carpet?
    ************************************************** **********************
    I'll take the hint...
    There, there, dear Caboose!!
    This was the complete post
    Quote Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    ROTFL!!!

    The female fragrance thread is hijacked by men

    Come in guys, have a whisky and a cigar and make yourself comfortable.
    Oh, this is going to be the start of a beautiful cooperation.
    Now, is that a warm welcome or not?
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp
    Currently wearing: VIP Room by VIP Room

  27. #27

    Default Re: SotD Monday 16 April

    Testing out Miller Harris' Coeur d'Ete. We can hope for sun, right?

  28. #28

    Default Re: SotD Monday 16 April

    I've just topped up my Andy Tauer L'air du Desert Morocain as I've washed my hand a few times since the first application to a hand this morning. Just a moment after I sprayed it one of my colleagues came in to my office and asked what is that nice smell, and how nice it is to smell something different around here sometimes.

    That is the first time anyone at work has ever commented on my perfumes. I was very surprised to hear a compliment. I'd always assumed there was a quiet resistance to my perfumes. I've been expecting the resistance movement to fire a shot across the bows and ask me to desist from wearing them, so I'm very encouraged to get a positive comment and question from an unexpected source.

    Well done Andy Tauer, you squared up to my macho boys very well there.
    Last edited by Sestra; 16th April 2007 at 02:02 PM.

  29. #29

    Default Re: SotD Monday 16 April

    aramis 900
    Wishlist is pointless.

  30. #30

    Default Re: SotD Monday 16 April

    Givenchy III for me.

Similar Threads

  1. SotD Sunday 1 April, April Fool's Day
    By tigrushka in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 3rd April 2007, 01:54 AM
  2. SotD Sunday 1 April, April Fool's Day
    By tigrushka in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 3rd April 2007, 01:52 AM
  3. SotD Monday 5 March
    By tigrushka in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 6th March 2007, 01:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000