Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Exclamation It's Official: Chicago L'Artisan to host us May 26!!!

[Tigrushka, Grant? May we put a sticky on this please?]

"CHICAGO SCENT ME!"

The Brand-New L'Artisan Parfumeur Boutique Will Play Host

To The 1st Major U.S. Basenotes Get-together Saturday

May 26, 2007

Every Basenotes member is invited to share in the fun. Just one requirement: I need a real head count now so manager Charla Mason can accommodate our numbers accordingly. If our population grows to a certain size, we may need to split into groups so, say, 12 can do lunch while 12 are getting the royal treatment at L'Artisan, and then the groups would switch off. Once we know how many are coming, I'll post actual times.

Even though I asked if they'd like to charge something to cover goodie bags for all us, Charla insisted that we will be gifted with something at no cost :wave:. Additionally, I asked if she could recommend where we could dine and not be obnoxious as a fanatically fragranced group, she replied:

There is a great Italian restaurant in the building - Tucci Benucch 312-266-2500. I spoke to Katie Unger - she is very helpful. She is holding the garden space - touch base with her right away - you should confirm with her by may 1st. There is a minimum amount for food and beverage. There are two rooms - I recommend the garden area - it is a great space and it is a little less expensive.

Your "To Do" List:
    1) RSVP in this thread by Friday, April 20 (a few stragglers may be accommodated).
    2) Make up some kind of nametag for yourself to wear that day. Ideally it would bear your first name, your Basenotes username and a picture of your avatar.
    3) Make a list of frags you want to test (print out your whole BN wardrobe for a complete reference).
    4) Bring various denominations of cash so paying for lunch will be less complicated.
    5) After the event, send a thank-you note to Charla and staff so Basenoters are well thought of by industry people and so we'll always be welcome back.

You May Want to Take Along:
    ~ Extra samples and decants to give/swap with others during lunch.
    ~ A shirt that exposes lots of arm space for testing.
    ~ Wipes to wash off forearms as necessary (see Robin's skin-cleaning advice at NowSmellThis).

If you're thinking of making a L'Artisan purchase in the near future, please consider doing so at this event so BNers are occasionally recognized as consumers (not just sample-suckers ). Besides, don't you want a souvenir of this auspicious coming together?

AH, CHICAGO ... just selected as the next host city to the Olympics ... the third-largest city in the U.S. ... home to a boodle of fragrance sources:

L'Artisan Parfumeur
    Located at 900 North Michigan <see this link to all the shops>

~ and ~

Saks Fifth Avenue
    Bloomingdale's
    Sephora
    Marshall Fields (Macy's)
    Neiman Marcus
    Nordstroms
    Filene's Basement

~ plus ~

C.O. Bigelow
    (which carries Acqua di Parma, Apivita, Carthusia, Comptoir Sud Pacifique, Diptyque, I Profumi di Firenze, Miller Harris and more)

Merz Apothecary
    (which carries 4711, Aura Cacia, L'Aromarine, Tosca and more)

Here are two maps that will help you navigate "The Magnificent Mile," as Chicago's shopping corridor is known. (Map 1) (Interactive, Map 2)

Chicago has a great mass-transit system. I plan to take the train from Milwaukee and a bus from Union Station to Michigan Avenue. Buses move between these points every few minutes, and a ride is just $4. Learn more online at RTA.

One last thing to note: This is not a Basenotes- or Grant-sanctified event. It's just the hair-brain scheme of one frag hag who would love to see the faces of those great personalities found here at Basenotes. However, since we will, for intents and purposes, represent the face of Basenotes while in the L'Artisan boutique, I expect all of us to reflect respectfully on Grant's enterprise. Understood? Good!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: It's Official: Chicago L'Artisan to host us May 26!!!

Count me in!
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

You are counted, MFfan.

I forgot to remind everyone to PACK YOUR CAMERA!
    Last edited by Quarry; 16th April 2007 at 09:23 PM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I'm in, I have Sox tickets for 6 o'clock that night, so I'll have to be out by 4 or so..not sure how long it's going to go, but I'm in for sure!

Thumbs up Re: It's Official: Chicago L'Artisan to host us May 26!!!

I'll be there.

Wish I was closer to Chicago . I used to live there though, but that does'nt help now .
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Quote Originally Posted by maisonstinky View Post
    Wish I was closer to Chicago . I used to live there though, but that does'nt help now .
    Ah same here. I lived in Chicago from 2002-04 and thats where I was when I started Basenotes. I lived on Michigan Ave so I got to sample everything I heard about here pretty easily. I'll try to make it for this event. I was in Chicago last year Memorial Day weekend and it was hot as heck. I hope the weather is better this year.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

summer means fireflys

Oh how I wish I could attend ... My nephew graduates from High School this weekend in Kansas, and I can't miss that.

You guys must take LOTS of pictures! and buy lots of good smellies!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Oh man i miss chicago so much, some of the best moments of my life i had there...i am so sorry i cannot be there for the meeting, i hope you all have an amazing time and i will be there in spirit, or hey, maybe if there's a pc there, i can be there via www!

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux View Post
    or hey, maybe if there's a pc there, i can be there via www!
    They have audio and video of the www, have they invented technology where we can smell through the internet yet? That would be very handy.

Hope you folks will have a good time and think of the rest of us.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

OMG that will be AWESOME.
    Sorry for the Valleyspeak, but it was appropriately over-the-top here.
    We should do a L'Artisan Feasting week in preparation right before that.
    What do you think?

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7 View Post
    OMG that will be AWESOME.
    Sorry for the Valleyspeak, but it was appropriately over-the-top here.
    We should do a L'Artisan Feasting week in preparation right before that.
    What do you think?
    Great idea!!! How about the week after? Those who go will have tried more scents, toddled home with free goodies and possible purchases, and we'll be able to discuss more fully.

Counting the responses here and a couple of others, this is the current group likely to go (some are "maybes"):

Quarry, Mr. Quarry, PaulG, MFFan, IndieGuy, Kotori, et_emergo, JaneBrkn, NattyGold, FlowerLady (from POL), LisaLaw (ebay seller), Aramanis, AZSmells, plus my client's wife and her mom (both of whom are/were perfume models for department store frags). Our population is small enough that we can stay together as one group.

I'm hoping for a few more RSVPs by Friday (or thereabouts). Next week I'm going to approach some of the other stores and ask whether we might be able to get a discount that weekend if we whisper the phrase "Chicago Scent Me." That way attendees can shop at their leisure and enjoy a few more perks.
    Last edited by Quarry; 18th April 2007 at 02:02 PM.

Please count me in for two! ( I'm not 100% sure we'll make it but I don't want to miss out if it's at all possible!!! ) Thanks so much for organizing this opportunity, I'm really looking forward to having L'Artisan in the midwest & meeting some fellow basenoters!

June Thomas (aka UBUANDIBEME)

I'm a new mwmber and I plan to attend

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

I'm excited to see more RSVPs!

I've just received Tucci Benucch's menu. Their coordinator, Katie Unger, says their Sun Room seats 25 people. We're nearing 20 attendees now. If we go substantially over 25, we'll eat in two shifts. Otherwise, it'd be the most fun to dine as one group even if L'Artisan has to process us in waves and we have to entertain ourselves waiting around. There ARE other things to do at 900 N. Michigan in between times--like press your nose up against the window of the Lalique shop.

Note the price for the luncheon. If you choose to save $25+ to put toward fragrances and brownbag a PB&J instead, no one would think less of you (maybe respect your perfume dedication more!). Again, please bring various denominations of cash to make bill-settling less insane.

Katie has not asked me to ask your menu preferences at this time, nor has she asked for any $$ upfront. Perhaps when I get back to her with our exact number and time of day (to be worked out in coordination with Charla at L'Artisan) I'll need everybody to provide further feedback. Please stay tuned to this thread. Thanks!

Family Style Luncheon Menu

~First Course~

Appetizers
    (Choose Two)
    Grilled Bruschetta ~ Toasted Ravioli ~ Fried Calamari
    Margherita Pizza ~ Spicy Sausage Pizza ~ Char-grilled Pepperoni Pizza

Salad
    (Choose One)
    Garbage ~ Chopped ~ Tuscan ~ Classic Caesar

~Second Course~

Pasta
    (Choose Two)
    Famous Baked Spaghetti ~ Old World Lasagna
    Cheese Ravioli~ Garganelli Giovanni~
    Spaghetti Garlic Shrimp ~ Linguine Seafood~
    ~ Whole Wheat Capellini Pomodoro ~

Entree
    (Choose One)
    Baked Eggplant Parmesan ~ Chicken Parmesan ~ Garlic Chicken “Classico”
    ~ Chicken Marsala ~
    ~ Fish of the Day (add $2) ~
    ~ Filet Medallions (add $3) ~

Vegetable
    (Choose One)
    Asparagus ~ Steamed Broccoli ~ Garlic Mashed Potatoes

~Third Course~

Dessert
    (Choose One)
    Tiramisu ~ Apple Crostada ~ Bread Pudding ~

~Beverages~
    Freshly Brewed Coffee ~ Freshly Brewed Decaffeinated Coffee ~ Hot Tea ~ Iced Tea ~ Soda

$22.00 per person / $20.00 per person (without dessert)

Above prices do not include 10.25% tax or 20% gratuity.
    Last edited by Quarry; 18th April 2007 at 09:12 PM.

Finally, something in Chi-Town! I'll be there.
    BTW, I'm new to this, so please tell me if there's anything I need to know etc. (michelle_gale@sbcglobal.net)
    Last edited by michelle_gale; 19th April 2007 at 04:15 PM.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by michelle_gale View Post
    Finally, something in Chi-Town! I'll be there.
    BTW, I'm new to this, so please tell me if there's anything I need to know etc. (michelle_gale@sbcglobal.net)
    Welcome, Michelle. All you need to know has been or will be posted in this thread. Just bring a happy attitude and be yourself.

We're all attending in order to learn and smell something new. I knew absolutely nothing about fragrances 2-1/2 years ago. Further, rest assured no one will be less fashion conscious, more out of shape, or has inherited a lousier complexion than I. So everybody should feel very good about themselves. I turn 52 on the day we meet, so if you're a youngster, you can call me "Mom" the way my daughters' high school friends used to.

I just wanted to say that I'm going for sure! This is going to be fun and I can't wait.

Oh, I almost forgot: My dad will be coming, too, but I'm not sure whether he will be with me or if he will hang out at his other fave Michigan Avenue spots (read: Borders and the Apple Store). So keep a spot open for him just in case.

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    Oh, I almost forgot: My dad will be coming, too, but I'm not sure whether he will be with me or if he will hang out at his other fave Michigan Avenue spots (read: Borders and the Apple Store). So keep a spot open for him just in case.
    That's sooo cool!

I plan on attending with my girlfriend.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quarry, please add my name to the list of attendees.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

We seem to be at 22. (AZSmells--are you a maybe?) Since the restaurant can seat 25 in the room they'll reserve for us, 25 would seem to make a good cut-off number (unless some of you know you don't want to waste precious nose time by consuming lunch???). Next week I'll contact our hosts and tell them 25 (just in case we pick up some stragglers). If you're on the list below and find that you simply can't make it, please let me know. Next I'm going to concentrate on finding out whether any other shops will offer us perks.

1) Quarry
    2) MFfan310
    3) MFfan dad
    4) Paul G
    5) Nattygold
    6) Indie_Guy
    7) et_emergo
    8) Kotori
    9) JaneBrkn (MUA)
    10) FlowerLady (POL)
    11) PrincessCaro (POL)
    12) Aramanis (POL)
    13) LisaLaw (MUA)
    14) Ubuandibeme
    15) Ubuandibeme's guest
    16) Cindyhtl
    17) Michelle_gale
    18) Manicboy
    19) Manicboy g-friend
    20) Quarry's client's wife
    21) Quarry's client's wife's guest
    22) High_Tech_Radiance

Hi-
    Can you count be in as a maybe? I won't know my schedule until 2-3 weeks before the soiree.
    I am relatively new to Basenotes and I live part-time in Milwaukee.

Is there a time table made up yet or is it too early to post? Is this a one day affair?

Jam

Please count me and my wife in. Sorry it took so long to respond.

WOW! This sounds like it's going to be fabulous... I'll have my nose pressed up against the window, wistfully wishing I could go! You folks will have so much fun. Please sniff some Premier Figuier Extreme for me!

Sorry I would love to come but I don't think I can make it.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!

Quote Originally Posted by linnea View Post
    WOW! This sounds like it's going to be fabulous... I'll have my nose pressed up against the window, wistfully wishing I could go! You folks will have so much fun. Please sniff some Premier Figuier Extreme for me!
    I promise I will!
    Last edited by snakesandladders; 21st April 2007 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by linnea View Post
    WOW! I'll have my nose pressed up against the window, wistfully wishing I could go! You folks will have so much fun.
    Me too Linnea, me too. Happy you guys can do this............
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Damn I hate driving to Chicago, but I can't resist. You can count me in, but I don't think I'll be up for lunch. I'm too much of a night person to eat that early. If there is anyone from the Peoria area or along the way that would like to carpool please let me know.

Oh yeah,. guess I should also ask what time everyone is meeting up.
    Last edited by Trioxin; 21st April 2007 at 06:54 AM.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Welcome, welcome to the latest confirmees. I'll post a schedule once I confer with L'Artisan and the restaurant next week. The scheduled portion of this event will be exclusive to Saturday, but if I can get some other frag counters to extend perks to members of our group throughout the weekend, it'd be super. We're going to have to break into groups for at least the L'Artisan portion because they can't accommodate a single mob. I'll continue to post details in this thread as they develop.

Here's the latest list:

1) Quarry
    2) MFfan310
    3) MFfan dad
    4) Paul G
    5) Nattygold
    6) Indie_Guy
    7) et_emergo
    8) Kotori
    9) JaneBrkn (MUA)
    10) MacAmy (MUA)
    11) PrincessCaro (POL)
    12) Aramanis (POL)
    13) LisaLaw (MUA)
    14) Ubuandibeme
    15) Ubuandibeme's guest
    16) Cindyhtl
    17) Michelle_gale
    18) Manicboy
    19) Manicboy g-friend
    22) High_Tech_Radiance
    23) Snakesandladders
    24) S&L's wife
    25) Trioxin
    26) The Refined One (POL)
    27) TRO's guest
    And Jam's a maybe.

I'll miss the rest of you not being there--especially you, Vijay, sincerely.

Trioxin--can't catch a train? I'd never drive to Chicago. Big cluckin' chicken here. Hey, why'd the chicken cross the road? To get to Chicago Scent Me!
    --------------------------------------
    Welcome to Basenotes, dali67 (aka MacAmy).

There are so many bells, whistles, buttons to learn at a new site. Don't worry if it takes a bit to try them all out and get the hang of things.
    Last edited by Quarry; 21st April 2007 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Trioxin--can't catch a train? I'd never drive to Chicago. Big cluckin' chicken here. Hey, why'd the chicken cross the road? To get to Chicago Scent Me!
    Peoria sucks. We are the third biggest city in the state, but not only is there no direct route to Chicago from here, we are not on any train routs either. It might be worth it though to drive down to bloomington and catch a train from there. I'll look into it when we get a schedule set.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

1) Quarry
    2) MFfan310
    3) MFfan dad
    4) Paul G
    5) Nattygold
    6) Indie_Guy
    7) et_emergo
    8) Kotori
    9) dali67
    10) PrincessCaro
    11) Aramanis
    12) LisaLaw
    13) LisaLaw's guest
    14) Ubuandibeme
    15) Ubuandibeme's guest
    16) Cindyhtl
    17) Michelle_gale
    18) Manicboy
    19) Manicboy g-friend
    22) High_Tech_Radiance
    23) Snakesandladders
    24) S&L's wife
    25) Trioxin
    26) The Refined One
    27) TRO's guest
    28) Lauermar
    29) Lauermar's daughter
    And Jam's a maybe.

Had one cancellation and a couple more additions. By Tuesday I'll be giving the final count to L'Artisan and the restaurant. I guess I'll tell them 30!
    Last edited by Quarry; 22nd April 2007 at 02:40 PM.

Ah, perfume and Italian...good times.

It sounds so lovely, Quarry! I wish I could come, but my son's b-day is the 24 and the last day of school for both sons is the 25. I need to stay here and be all matriarchal.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Trioxin View Post
    Peoria sucks. We are the third biggest city in the state, but not only is there no direct route to Chicago from here, we are not on any train routs either. It might be worth it though to drive down to bloomington and catch a train from there. I'll look into it when we get a schedule set.
    Actually Peoria is seventh! (we're doing a unit on Ilinois in my class now). It's the fourth biggest that's not a suburb (taking Aurora, Joliet and Naperville out of the equation). I started my undergrad at ISU and there's tons of trains coming that will take you right downtown where you can get there from the EL. There's a ton of buses too. As parking will run you, best case scenario, a minimum of 20 or 30 bucks in the city, that's definitely the way to go. I'm not sure how much they run on Saturdays though.
    Last edited by Paul G; 23rd April 2007 at 02:51 AM.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

LUNCH PLANS
    I'm now working with the Italian restaurant that's in the same building as L'Artisan. They want me to make selections from the menu I posted earlier in this thread. I think I'll just tell them to give us the most popular items from each category, but avoiding anything too garlicky since smell is of the essence for us. I'll drop the dessert option to save us calories, money and time.

Since we'll have a room to ourselves, we can take this opportunity to really be ourselves and give away or swap whatever any of us chooses to take along. (You don't have to do this, I'm just going to do a little housecleaning myself.)

Please respond with a YES or NO to joining us for lunch so I can give Tucci Benucch a final number. I'm not sure if they will ask me for my charge card number or something to hold the spot for us, so I'd appreciate your certainty. THANKS!
    Last edited by Quarry; 23rd April 2007 at 02:21 PM.

Thats a negative on lunch.

I'm too far away to go, but wish you all a wonderful and fragrance-filled weekend. I'm anticipating some great stories on your return home.

HAPPY SNIFFING!!
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Thumbs up Re: It's Official: Chicago L'Artisan to host us May 26!!!

Count me in for lunch (I can't pass up food...). So are we going to L'Artisan in the AM then?

Count both me and my dad in for lunch, too.

Please count lauermar and 11 y.o. daughter for lunch at the Italian restaurant. We love Italian!!!
    “The Unscented Life Is Not Worth Living.”
    Socrates
    (Re-worded by lauermar)

I'm a yes for lunch!! Lisa

Count me in for lunch.

Three years ago I used to live 2 blocks away from 900 North Michigan where this new L'Artisan shop is. There is a Truefitt & Hill store on the top floor in that building too. I wish I could be there but have fun without me!

Count me in for lunch -- thanks!! :-D

yes for lunch

Smile Re: It's Official: Chicago L'Artisan to host us May 26!!!

I'm really excited about L'Artisan in Chicago! Exciting too is the wonderful response for this event. Sorry I won't be joining the group for lunch ~ my guest and I are going to try and hit a few other spots while downtown, no offense to anyone. Thanks again for organizing this outing,

June (ubuandibeme!)

I'll be there for lunch - looking forward to meeting everyone! THanks, Quarry, for putting it all together!!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Doing some recordkeeping now to keep all my ducks in a row. Proofread and tell me if I've erred.

21 "yes" lunch responses:
    Quarry (Joy)
    Quarry's guests (Nikki & mom)
    LisaLaw (Lisa)
    Aramanis (Michael)
    Lauermar (Mary)
    Mary's daughter
    The Refined One (Tambri)
    Tambri's friend (Beth)
    dali67 (Mac Amy)
    MF Fan
    MF Fan's dad
    Ubuandibeme (June)
    Ubu friend
    Cindyhtl
    Hightechradiance
    Snakesandladders (Chris)
    Snake's wife
    Indieguy
    Michelle Gale
    gingele (Amy)

1 "no thanks":
    Trioxin

Awaiting:
    Paul G
    et_emergo
    Kotori---UPDATE: Yes (that makes 22 yeses)
    manicboy & girlfriend
    nattygold
    PrincessCaro (Caroline)

MENU NOTE: If you prefer the vegetarian entree of eggplant parmesan, please let me know, otherwise we'll be getting chicken parmesan for the main course. I'll choose the least garlicky options for the remaining items and opt out of the dessert. Katie also offered the option of flowers on the tables, but I told her we were saving our noses for bottled fragrances .

Here's something else to think about ...
    Don't answer this question yet, cuz things are still up in the air, but think about whether you have a preference for being amongst the half of the group who does L'Artisan before or after lunch. I'm waiting to hear back from L'Artisan about how early they can receive us. Then, I'm going to call another fragrance store to see if they would alternately receive the other half of our group before and after lunch AND provide some perks (fingers crossed for C.O. Bigelow's since they carry niche frags). I know that Paul G has tickets for a game later that day, so he'd probably prefer to be in the pre-lunch L'Artisan group. Some of you may be traveling a greater distance and would rather count on the after-lunch L'Artisan time.

Stay tuned ...
    Last edited by Quarry; 25th April 2007 at 10:49 PM.

I'm there!
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

:wave:

Good News: C.O. BIGELOW OFFERS US GOODIE BAGS, TOO!

Stores open at 10:00 a.m. • Lunch served at noon at Tucci Benucch

I believe our schedule will be: At 10 a.m. half of our group will go to L'Artisan and half to Bigelow's, at 12 noon we will all meet to eat, and then by 2 p.m. each half-group will switch off to the visit the other shop. Bigelow will be giving us sample products but not providing a "program" as L'Artisan will, so you should have ample time to sample what you like at Bigelow's and the other fragrance sources shown in bold below.

835 N. Michigan Ave. ~ Water Tower Place:
    C.O. Bigelow's*, The Body Shop,
    and Crabtree & Evelyn are all located on Level 4; Sephora is on Level 5.

900 N. Michigan Ave. ~ Bloomingdale's:
    L'Artisan Parfumeur, L'Occitane
    and Bloomies' fragrance counter are all located on Level 1; Tucci Benucch is on Level 5.

*The following fragrances are listed at bigelowchemists.com: Acqua di Parma (Blu Mediterraneo, Arancia di Capri, Fico di Amalfi, Sicilian Almond, Tuscan Cypress, Classic Fragrance, Collezione Barbiere, Colonia Assoluta, Colonia Iris Nobile, Lavanda, Profumo), Carthusia (Aria di Capri, Carthusia Uomo, Fiori di Capri, IO "Capri", Ligea "La Sirena", Mediterraneo, Numero Uno, Via Camerelle), Comptoir Sud Pacifique, (Exotic Fruits, Island Vanilla, Rain Forest, Spice Route, Sun Waters, Tropical Garden), Diptyque (Do Son, Eau D'Elide, Eau de Lierre, Eau Lente, Jardin Clos, L'Autre, L'eau, L'Ombre dans L'eau, L'Eau Trois, Ofresia, Olene, Opone, Oyeda, Philosykos, Tam Dao Virgilio), GEO F. Trumper (Almond, Coconut, Limes, Rose, Sandalwood, Violets), i Profumi di Firenze (Acqua di Firenze, Ambra del Nepal, Caterina de Medici, Costa Mediterranea, Florentia 24, Melograno Selvatico, Tabacco, Talco Delicato, The Verde, Vaniglia del Madagascar, Zenzero), Miller Harris (Citron Citron, Coeur de Fleur, Feuille de Tabac, Figue Amère, Fleur du Matin, Fleur Oriental, Noix de Tubéreuse, Tangerine Vert, Terre de Bois), Tocca (Florence, Stella, Touch).

So ... which shop do you prefer to visit in the morning and which in the afternoon?

If you don't state a preference, I'll assign you alphabetically by usernames.

I'd prefer to be at L'Artisan in the morning and C.O. Bigelow in the afternoon.

Talking Re: It's Official: Chicago L'Artisan to host us May 26!!!

I'd prefer to be at L'Artisan in the AM too. Thanks for organizing this!
    Last edited by michelle_gale; 28th April 2007 at 08:24 PM.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

There's a new L'Artisan offering: L'Eau de Jatamansi

Read about it at Lucky Scent.
    UPDATE

We have 20 confirmed for lunch. My two guests can't make it at all that day, and the following have not responded regarding lunch:

Paul G
    et_emergo
    manicboy & girlfriend
    nattygold
    PrincessCaro (Caroline)--May 5 update: "Yes," on all counts!

Awww. High Tech Radiance had to honor another commitment.

Since we have restaurant reservations for 25, that means the next 5 people to speak up can still be a part of our big day--even if you didn't sign up at all earlier. The actual cost of the lunch will be $26.66 (which includes all taxes and gratuities).

Just post your intentions in this thread.
    The days are flying by, and soon we'll be inhaling Chicago. Have you composed your "must sniff" list yet? I plan to smell as much as I can, but these are top priority:

L ' A R T I S A N . B O U T I Q U E
    L'Ete en Douce.

B L O O M I N G D A L E ' S
    Marc Jacob Splashes, esp. Cucumber and Rain.

C . O . B I G E L O W
    Miller Harris Noix de Tuberose and Citron Citron.

What's on your must-sniff list?
    Last edited by Quarry; 6th May 2007 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I know I am new around here, but I just found out I will be in Chicago that weekend and I am wondering if there is room for me!? I have never been to Chicago before (although I was born in Bloomington, IL). I would love to be included, if you could help out this clueless-about-the-eastern-half-of-the-U.S. California girl with directions, etc.

Edited to add: I may not arrive in Chicago until 2:30 p.m., though. That would probably be too late for the festivities, hmm? I will ask if my flight can get in any earlier.

I suppose I could still go scent shopping by my lonesome, but it would be much more fun with a bunch of fellow scent enthusiasts.
    Last edited by Pebbles; 7th May 2007 at 07:09 AM.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
    I know I am new around here, but I just found out I will be in Chicago that weekend and I am wondering if there is room for me!? I have never been to Chicago before (although I was born in Bloomington, IL). I would love to be included, if you could help out this clueless-about-the-eastern-half-of-the-U.S. California girl with directions, etc.

Edited to add: I may not arrive in Chicago until 2:30 p.m., though. That would probably be too late for the festivities, hmm? I will ask if my flight can get in any earlier.

I suppose I could still go scent shopping by my lonesome, but it would be much more fun with a bunch of fellow scent enthusiasts.
    Argghhh! Get those plane tickets moved up (pretend you're on "The Amazing Race"). Of course you're welcome, with fragrant open arms.

Here are two maps that will help you navigate "The Magnificent Mile," as Chicago's shopping corridor is known. (Map 1) (Interactive, Map 2)

Here's a link to mass-transmit options: RTA.

Hey there! Just registered my Basenotes account! I'm all logged in and ready for some sniffing in Chicago! Thanks so much for doing this, Quarry. What fun!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

2-WEEK COUNTDOWN ...

Getting excited yet? I am.
    Here's a new article at Osmoz--L'Artisan's history in a nutshell:
    http://www.osmoz.com/statique/2007-0...an/artisan.htm
    (I want one of them thar butterfly mouillettes!)

*weeping in sorrow* here because I will be in Chicago, but just one weekend after.(sigh)
    Well I guess this still doesn't forbid me from going to the new L'Artisan store or poking my nose around in C.O. Bigelows. ;D