Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Re: It's Official: Chicago L'Artisan to host us May 26!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
    I am about to leave for the airport to catch a flight to Seattle, then off to Chicago in the morning! It still looks like I'll arrive at O'Hare at 2:30 p.m. Hopefully, God and traffic willing, I will make it to L'Artisan before the rest of you leave.

Or maybe I'll end up aimlessly wandering the streets of Chicago all alone, following my nose, searching for what my kids call my "imaginary internet friends." lol

Edited to add: Quarry, is it all right if I call your cell number (listed earlier in this thread) if I get lost or something? I'd be the caller with the 559 area code.
    Of course you can call me. I'm hoping the rain clouds will have dissipated by the time you fly in so you're cleared for a prompt landing.

By this time tomorrow you folks will no longer be imaginary internet friends.

I told Charla at L'Artisan that there would be one late arrival, and she said you would get full attention whenever you skid into the store.
    Last edited by Quarry; 25th May 2007 at 11:05 PM.

Have fun, you kids, and TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES! I'm soooo jealous!
    Seeking: woods patchouli fresh tuberose

And an important note to everyone that is gathering there for the event.

Please don't forget to wish HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the person that has organized this event to get everyone together.

Yes that is right QUARRY's Birthday is on the 26th.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY QUARRY
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Happy Birthday to Quarry!
    I am jealous and I wish I could participate in one of these meetings in the near future.
    Currently wearing: Noir de Noir by Tom Ford

-------------------------------------
    To Quarry & the Chicago Scent Me crew:

Good luck today, I know you will all have a fabulous time! There is nothing quite so wonderful as spending time with others who share your passion. I have had the pleasure of meeting Charla Mason, and she is lovely. Quarry, you did a stellar job of organization. Believe me, I know how difficult all the coordinating can be...
    Give an extra spritz of Jatamansi for me!

Cheers,
    Karen Dubin
    Director, Sniffapalooza
    Last edited by Liongirl; 26th May 2007 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

heart of ice

Have fun to all attendees, I wish I coud join you ... I wish you safe travels, good weather, and fragrant smellings.

Quarry, you have done so much planning to get this together! I know everyone appreciates your hard work. Have a wonderful birthday!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Happy Birthday to Joy-ful Quarry - a fellow Gemini, and crackerjack BNer and principal organizer of today's Chicago Sniff-in!! Like MikePerez23 - I'm super jealous. Can't wait to hear all the news!!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Red face Re: It's Official: Chicago L'Artisan to host us May 26!!!

Hello everyone. I'm Megan I was at the May 26th event in Chicago, I was the girl in the knee-highs the youngest girl there. Well I made an account on here but my mom sent a form in the mail so i can join but um.. I just wanted to thank everyone because I had a wonderful time at the event, it was a great time I loved the city and everything, well it was great meeting you all!

-Megan
    --------------------------------------
    by the way this is my Mom's account not mine! And Im 11 years old and I will be 12 next year!

-Megan
    Last edited by lauermar; 26th May 2007 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    “The Unscented Life Is Not Worth Living.”
    Socrates
    (Re-worded by lauermar)

Quote Originally Posted by lauermar View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm Megan I was at the May 26th event in Chicago, I was the girl in the knee-highs the youngest girl there. Well I made an account on here but my mom sent a form in the mail so i can join but um.. I just wanted to thank everyone because I had a wonderful time at the event, it was a great time I loved the city and everything, well it was great meeting you all!

-Megan
    --------------------------------------
    by the way this is my Mom's account not mine! And Im 11 years old and I will be 12 next year!

-Megan
    Hi Megan,

Welcome to Basenotes, glad you made the event and enjoyed it . I wasn't there, but hope I can find out more about the event. Hope somebody took pictures too.
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Quote Originally Posted by lauermar View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm Megan I was at the May 26th event in Chicago, I was the girl in the knee-highs the youngest girl there....
    by the way this is my Mom's account not mine! And Im 11 years old and I will be 12 next year!...-Megan
    Welcomewelcome to our Baby BaseNoter Megan!!! (Well, not really a baby.) This is major cool. Hope your Mom will let you post if you've a mind - always love to hear what a different generation has to offer!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Basenotes Institution

Congratulations on the first successful (?) BN meeting, Quarry! Sorry I could not make it. For everybody interested: I planned to attend, love the Windy City and went to school at ISU working on my MD, but family circumtances -- DH's grandpa -- forced our IL trip at the end of April, so going up there in May was out of question.

Please tell us all more: what you guys sniffed and got, how "the gang" was, any funnies?

And belated Happy Birthday to Joy!

I had a wonderful time on Saturday! I learned so much and sniffed to my heart's content. Thanks so much, Quarry (Joy), for organizing this event. I hope you had a wonderful birthday!