Code of Conduct

Default Francis Kurkdjian: made to order

If I won a STUPID amount of money, its my dream to have my own fragrance created for me... a sentiment Im sure many basenoters share!
    Francis Kurkdijan - creator of scents for Dior, Gaultier, Narciso Rodriguez, and Lanvin (amongst many others) provides this service to "select" clientele for a smart 8000 +.

More details on his site:

http://franciskurkdjian.com/html/siteangl.html

This begs the question... are there any other perfumers or houses that provide this same service? If so, are there any links someone here can share?

Default Re: Francis Kurkdjian: made to order

I know Christopher Brosius offers that service at a much reduced rate from the example you gave. http://www.cbihateperfume.com/CBindex002.html

Good luck in your search.

Pecksniff's will do that for substantially less than 8,000 Euro. In fact, I think they'll do a bespoke fragrance for 200 pounds according to their website.
    Last edited by TromboneGuy; 16th April 2007 at 10:24 PM.
    - E.J.

Smile Re: Francis Kurkdjian: made to order

Yes, Lorenzo Villoresi makes personal fragrances for very reasonable amount of money, and he is one of the greatest perfumers alive. One day Lorenzo will make an iris fragrance for me, I wish. I have no idea how to perfect upon L'Homme de Coeur, but he will have to figure it out .

Ava Luxe does bespoke. There was a thread all about bespoke fragrances a while back, but I'm too lazy and tired today to drag it up.

If it came down to it, Olivia Giacobetti and Jean-Claude Ellena would both be on my first call, first priority list.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

I'd want to work with Christopher Brosius of CB I Hate Perfume because he's local, I love Brooklyn and he has the sweetest looking 150lb Mastiff named Zepher and I can play with her. Mastiffs were bred by Romans to knock a man down and keep him down. The insticnt is still strong in Rottweilers which are half Mastiff. They leap up at you when playing. Both breeds if they come from good breeders are as friendly as can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Ludlow View Post
    Yes, Lorenzo Villoresi makes personal fragrances for very reasonable amount of money, and he is one of the greatest perfumers alive.
    He would be my first choice too.

A little dig around the net turned up Le Labo, who also create "made to measure" scents, at a rumoured cost of around $40,000 USD. Yikes!

Thumbs up Re: Francis Kurkdjian: made to order

Those prices are just ridiculous, rich people will find it more appealing since it's something possible only for them, truly exclusive. Bullshit.

Lorenzo Villoresi makes you a personal fragrance for 730$, this includes 100ml bottle of the product! It's even kind of strange that no basenoter have done this yet. I will, one day; and if it's truly special, I will not keep it to myself, although that might be the point, I'd share it for sure. You can after that buy more bottles of your personal fragrance for about 100$ if I remember correct.