Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Azuree Soleil - Eau Fraiche

I'm headed to Neimans after work tonite to buy the new Azuree Soleil Eau Fraiche by Estee Lauder (Tom Ford) scent tonite. The SA a couple weeks ago gave me a generous sample to try and I put it to work this past weekend at some outdoor events.

Nice.

Not quite the stormer that Virgin Island Water is (not the high price of VIW either) but a very quality summer scent.

Do you all remember the thread last month where we went round-and-round about 'sand' notes in frags? This stuff smells JUST like warm sand - it has that mineral (quartz?) element to it, that mixed with the salt and coconut make it very comforting. No lime in this (for you lime lovers) and the longevity is very low but I like that. I sprayed it about 20 times on me when I applied it, and it was perfect sillage. Kind of like a 'cologne' splash.

I'm also afraid if I don't buy it soon, it'll all be gone (it's limited)

p.s. - I'm also interested to see if they have the new Gucci Pour Homme II in stock - I wanna retry it for a second time (the first time, I didn't 'get' it)

Default Re: Azuree Soleil - Eau Fraiche

Its not as attractive as VIW, but for its price its good stuff. The highlight is the opening - a well blended mix of gardenias and coconut. From there, the frag almost immediately unravels into a drydown of caramel and sandalwood, but the sweetness factor is kept in check by good use of orange flowers. It stays close to the skin, and lasts 4-5 hours.
    -

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Azuree Soleil - Eau Fraiche

Interesting - I get absolutley no gardenia notes in the top notes AT ALL (I literally sniffed my arm 5 times this morning, when I applied it), just salt, coconut and something else...(rock? gravel?) I have a gardenia bush in my front yard, so I thought I knew what gardenia smelled like?

In addition, I get no caramel in the drydown - a little sandalwood and no real sweetness (which is kind of nice) just that lingering saltiness and coconut goodness. Smells like a bathing suit that you wore in the ocean, after its dripped dry.

I love it, applied it about 4 hours ago and I keep getting soft waves of it hitting my nose every couple of seconds. Can't wait to go outside in the sun with this on.