Code of Conduct

Default Ciao! Off to Tuscany!

And I'm about to friggin burst the seams with excitement! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Phew, I'll calm down because I have so much to do before leaving on Sunday.

Now, I need to know where I can buy Mazzolari outside of Milan. I will be mostly in the Arezzo province of Tuscany on the border of Umbria and Le Marche. But our trips may take us into Florence and Sienna. If I get to the Santa Maria Novella pharmacy which scents should I try for an edp type style? Oriental.

Maybe not just an Oriental-type, but something I can paint on with a brush and wear for a week in Chianti while picking grapes and not have to worry about bathing!

I would also like any suggestions of great shops in Italy that any basenoter may know of that has a good selection of niche Italian/Euro scents. Do the EU Sephoras have interesting offerings?

I will pray the rosary for good weather and a hidden stash of great fragrances!
    Love to all!
    Ciao,
    Graffham
    Last edited by graffham; 20th April 2007 at 12:03 PM. Reason: typo

Default Re: Five Days Till Tuscany!

ooohhh, lucky you!
    have a scent-sational trip!
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Default Ciao! To Tuscany I go!

Thanks Dimples for the good wishes!

Signing off for two weeks, unless I have time for a blog! Will miss y'all. I'll try to get some of the niche houses to ship more to the US and Canada.

In the meantime, best wishes! Ciao!
    Last edited by graffham; 20th April 2007 at 12:02 PM.

Default Re: Ciao! Off to Tuscany!

Have a great trip. I hope you get to come back with a lot of interesting stuff.

Smile Re: Ciao! Off to Tuscany!

Do not miss the Piero della Francesca murals in the church San Francesco in Arezzo, I think they are fully restored now. They are sublime.
    You should try browsing the shelves of local parfumerias and pharmacies and see if you find any undiscovered gems. My other suggestion is to find an Italian department store, such as Coin, and check out their fragrance departments. You will certainly see things that are not exported to Canada and the US.
    Tuscany is a dream! Enjoy.

Have a safe and fab trip !
    -

Thanks ZZtop!
    Just packing two nearly empty bottles, Lion edp by Lalique and Opium edp homme to start the trip before I start looking for Mazzolari and Santa Maria Novella!

Mille grazie

mmmkay! Bon voyage (bono viaggii!), but don't get all crazy and buy Tuscany per Uomo....smells like oven cleaner. Nasty.

Duncan,
    I bought that crap years ago and thankfully have given it up!
    Ciao

The reviews were like.....the throngs cheering Mussolini at his portico...forcing the Uomo to make a blind buy....then he wanted to string the bottle up on piano wire...:-(

PU!

Have fun!
    Thats a really beautiful place.

Dave

Dave D
    Thanks. If I don't come back from Tuscany then give my bottle of Versailles to the poor!
    Best wishes

Hope you have a good time.

EU Sephoras were nothing special, but you will find plenty of perfumerias with niche and designer scents. Everything is extremely expensive in the centre of towns over there, but would be similar to what you are used to in shops outside of town.

A word of warning - if you take your cell phone with international roaming on it, it usually homes in on TIM (Telecom Italia Mobile). If you use TIM to make a call, you'll be surprised when you get back home to see that they charge three to four times per minute (i.e. approx $4.50 per minute) of what is normally charged in most other countries around there.

Manually select another operator e.g. Vodafone, and hope it isn't forced by the latter to charge such outrageous fees.
    Renato