Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Wednesday 18 April

A business meeting with three rather stuffy men who are having trouble in letting their hair down. Oh, one is excused, being almost bald
    It seems I will have to dress to kill to kick some life in them. Hmm, green suede pants and matching silk blouse?

Considering
    Enlévement au Sérail - Parfums MDCI

I think that combination will work splendidly.

Enjoy this Wednesday, everybody.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp
    Currently wearing: Djedi by Guerlain

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 18 April

Hi all! For a busy morning, I wear En Passant.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Creed Tabaróme Millésime
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Mmm En Passant is gorgeous.

I have a little Rose Angel sprayed on my shoulders. The insides of my arms are still verboten, although they are improving now.

Today I am EXTREMELY happy, and I am wearing Champs Elysees. I discovered after testing and buying it yesterday, that when it dries down, it turns to a very sensual musky fragrance, and I love it to bits. The perfect spring/summer frag for me. I hope everyone has a SUPER day.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Quote Originally Posted by Indiscreet View Post
    Mmm En Passant is gorgeous.

I have a little Rose Angel sprayed on my shoulders. The insides of my arms are still verboten, although they are improving now.
    I'm glad to hear you are improving and at least can still wear something rather than nothing. To my alarm I developed a slight rash inside my elbows again last night after spraying with Musc Ravageur, though a quick dose of the little remaining hydrocortisone cream seems to have worked well overnight. The thought of not wearing MR again is too awful. I must be careful where I spray it. I noticed the rash developed quickly after I wore a woollen jumper to guard against the cold.

Today I'm wearing the fantastic L'air du Desert Morocain by Andy Tauer, for the second day. It is from my sample bottle, but I'm sure this will be a full bottle purchase very soon.

On this sunny day I'm wearing Pure Poison.Needed something fresh and casual today since I'm studying today.Oh,and Clemmie...Champs Elysees has that same effect on me as wellI love the sparkling,happy feel to it.One of my favourite spring/summer scents.
    Currently wearing: Messe de Minuit by Etro

Kingdom for me; can find a hint of dirt in it, it's clean and herbacious on me. Love the strength and sillage. Un Jardin sur le Nil on my wrist; like this too very much; this reminds me of Omnia Crystalline; a less expensive choice.

Talking Re: SotD Wednesday 18 April

Himalaya
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

The Keeper of the Plains

I'm wearing Cuir Ottoman today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    I'm wearing Cuir Ottoman today.
    How do you find it? I have a sample of it and found it too strong and dry on the single occasion I tried it. It nearly knocked me out. I'm willing to try again, as I love leather, but with so many samples on the waiting list I don't know when that will be.

Sympathy to my itching sisters - what is going on??!! And I'm with you guys on Champs Elysees - what a great frag - Luca Turin be damned!!

Pour Moi - it's ELdO's Putain des Palaces - on me a refreshing flower-spices-leather combo with a slightly powdery dry-down. Sits close to the skin but lasts pretty well. The best of the line I've tried so far.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

I´m wearing Ralph HOT today. Not as sweet as I had supposed.

Sun´s back today!
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    A business meeting with three rather stuffy men who are having trouble in letting their hair down. Oh, one is excused, being almost bald
    It seems I will have to dress to kill to kick some life in them. Hmm, green suede pants and matching silk blouse?

Considering
    Enlévement au Sérail - Parfums MDCI

I think that combination will work splendidly.
    Wow, Riannon you will absolutely knock 'em dead!!! But such a lovely way do go... They will all leave this world delighted and happy. I predict they will fight for first in line to let you take their money, too.

And Taolady, lucky you with Putains des Palaces! On me it was caky make-up with a touch of rubber at the back. I liked Vraie Blonde very much, though. Must give that a full wearing sometime soon, I think, even though I'm a redhead, though perhaps not entirely unenhanced anymore.

More of Taolady's good influence, today it's L'Artisan's Tea for Two for me.

Wonderful Wednesday, one and all!!!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

Etro Ambra, after a tax snaffu...

JALA today... I was on the Luckyscent site & it seems they have changed Jala's formula and added vanilla, amber & sandalwood. Pity!!

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Sympathy to my itching sisters - what is going on??!! And I'm with you guys on Champs Elysees - what a great frag - Luca Turin be damned!!

I wish I knew what was going on with my silly rash. I can't tell you how my heart sank when I realised my beloved Musc Ravageur had brought it back a little. I suspect the wool in my jumper reacted badly to whatever was on my arms last night. At least it didn't itch and come up like lumps as the first rash did after Apres l'Ondee a couple of weeks ago. I shall monitor this carefully and nervously from now on.

I've got Champs Elysees and find it too sweet to wear, can't think what made me get it in the first place. I might look for a way to combine it with something else in my wardrobe.

Basenotes Institution

Have a meeting all day too. Wearing Sonia Rykiel Le Parfum.
    Currently wearing: Omnia Paraiba by Bulgari

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    On this sunny day I'm wearing Pure Poison.Needed something fresh and casual today since I'm studying today.Oh,and Clemmie...Champs Elysees has that same effect on me as wellI love the sparkling,happy feel to it.One of my favourite spring/summer scents.
    So interesting that you use the word sparkling, because when I sprayed it this morning, just for the teeniest instant, it smelled like champagne. It is a bubbly, delightful fragrance, and the effect on my mood is incredible. I'm off for a job interview in half an hour, so maybe it'll have the desired effect! :-)

Clemmie
    Bill Cosby

Best of luck with the interview.

Another day of feeling fragile...Parfum Sacre seemed right this morning, just not up for the attitude of Black Orchid.

Ack, Sestra, sorry to hear that. I'm really hoping MR isn't responsible for my rash (especially not now I've bought a whole bottle!) but I have a feeling Jazztweety is right and it could be the cinnamon. I wore a lot scents with cinnamon in that week.

I did spray a bit of MR on my shoulders (deltoid region) after I'd got the rash with no problem so I think it's more than possible that some body parts are more easily irritated than others.

I can't wear wool at all, it makes me itch like crazy. Even Cashmere!

CN Scent Intense

-Tero-

I wish I got the 'sparkling' feeling from aldehydes. I still love and really enjoy things like Royal Bain de Champagne, but I have never experienced the feeling of fizz, which saddens me a bit.

Today I'm wearing Montale Attar (thanks Hirch Duckfinder!) It's wonderful - I'm having one of those can't-stop-sniffing-self days.
    Last edited by Squeezeweasel; 18th April 2007 at 03:07 PM.

Outside temperatures are climbing. Hurray! Discreetly wearing Allure Sensuelle today.

I'm another one that cannot wear Champs D'Elysee EDP. It turns sour on me. Ah well, I'll put that bottle on my swaplist.
    Last edited by dimples; 18th April 2007 at 03:28 PM.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

The hauntingly beautiful En Passant
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by tinker424 View Post
    JALA today... I was on the Luckyscent site & it seems they have changed Jala's formula and added vanilla, amber & sandalwood. Pity!!
    I tried that new Jala. I'm so sad. They've ruined it. It now smells like Windsong, I swear. (Nothing wrong with Windsong, but why change Jala? )
    Last edited by Tovah; 18th April 2007 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Boucheron--forgot how perfectly perfumey this is.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.
    Currently wearing: Marni by Marni

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    Best of luck with the interview.

Thank you. I think it went well. Nice people, flexible and health-conscious. This one would work for me I think.
    --------------------------------------
    Last edited by Clemmie; 18th April 2007 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Bill Cosby

Blue Grass by Elizabeth Arden. First time I've worn it since my teenaged years. Still lovely. aaah the flush of first love!!!

I found some Votivo bath products at TJMaxx yesterday so today I am wearing their Sage body lotion with a little Sage by Sage Machado over it. The pairing is working out very well so far.
    Currently wearing: The Wendol by Blackbird