Code of Conduct

Question Givenchy Pi - unisex?

I recently swapped for a bottle of Givenchy Pi, EdT strength. I love men's scents anyway, and wear them often, but this one strikes me as potentially unisex. It's sweet and vanillic and has something vaguely in common with another of my favorites, (the very unisex) Gaultier 2, but Pi's far stronger than G2.

Pi reminds me of a sweet custard, a creme brulee with the burnt sugar coming at you before the smooth custard beneath. But there's also something rather masculine about it that I can't pin down. Would appreciate anyone with greater knowledge of this scent to weigh in.
    Last edited by mochi227; 18th April 2007 at 05:16 PM.
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Blog Entries

Default Re: Givenchy Pi - unisex?

I, too, love wearing men's scents, including Pi. I can also see where you get a similarity between Pi & Gaultier2 (another favorite of mine, as well). I've seen a lot of fellas on this site claim that Pi is too feminine for their tastes. But I agree with you, this one could definitely pass as unisex.

This one's kind of funny on me, though. I was really looking forward to this past winter so I could wear Pi underneath a cozy sweater. I noticed, though, that I actually prefer wearing this in the SUMMER when my skin isn't as dry, but as long as I'm in someplace that has the A/C cranked up. I got a LOT of compliments on this when I wore it last summer to a bar that's rather notorious for being as cold as an igloo during the summer months .
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

There's a subtle woody note in Pi as well. That might be what you are detecting.

It's been on my list for a while to track down some of the EdP. I've owned the EdT for a few years now (prior to my finding BN). From the reports on the forum, the EdP is worth finding.

Oh, and I agree, easily wearable by men or women.

If you want something similar to Pi but smoother, a little more flowery and less dark, you should also try Jaipur Homme which I find more unisex then Pi.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    If you want something similar to Pi but smoother, a little more flowery and less dark, you should also try Jaipur Homme which I find more unisex then Pi.
    Hehehe, Jaipur reminds me a LOT of Burberry Brit (for men), which I think is another good unisex candidate.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I have both the EDT and EDP of Pi, I find both to be Unisex, at times I find the EDT a little to feminine. Good frag but I never seem to wear it, I wear Heritage for Vanilla. But I am going to try and Squeeze Pi in sometime, as at times I have a headache at which frag for SOTD but never seem to pick Pi, cannot even remember the last time I wore it.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Women can esaily pull off wearing Pi.
    It is a stunning frag.
    It's rapidly climbing my top frags list!
    KL Homme is juuuuuuussssstttttt managing to keep it out of second place

I find that Pi garners more compliments from women than most other frags that I've tried. Jaipur seems blatantly unisex, which generally doesn't bother me except that it is also much heavier than pi on my skin. I dislike that.

On the other hand, if compliments from females are what you are looking for, my hypothesis (though I haven't tried it) is that wearing female scents exclusively would garner more compliments and attention from females than frags marketed toward men. This has been confirmed with Lovely (SJP), but i suspect it would be true with many others. Possible candidates would be Stella and Angel, though others could definitely work too. I might try to scrounge up some samples and try it out this weekend.

I love and am wearing EdT these days ...............pls help me find some EdP, it must be very rare!

Quote Originally Posted by Alicka61 View Post
    I love and am wearing EdT these days ...............pls help me find some EdP, it must be very rare!
    I think the EdP was discontinued because it's not listed on the Givenchy website in the Pi range. Also, in Germany, Douglas had for some time the EdP but not anymore; neither Escentual.co.uk which usually has the whole range of a product.