Code of Conduct

Default Looking for something sheer & modern.

Any thoughts?

Thank in advance.
    From the moment I was six I felt sexy. And let me tell you it was hell, sheer hell, waiting to do something about it.
    Bette Davis

Default Re: Looking for something sheer & modern.

Like what? Miyake L'Eau d'Issey or Montale Soleil di Capri or L'Artisan La Chasse? "Modern" part scares me, though. Would probably mean mainstream "pinkness" found in Yardley So? line. Or not? Please elaborate?

Mainstream is fine. I don't worry about things such as mainstream. If I like it, I like it.

I would like something modern, sheer, light and romantic. Nothing marine. A soft floral is more like it.

I need some people to point me in the right direction because I really don't shop much in this department. I love florals and orientals, but today a soft floral is in order. Something that says, "come a little closer".
    From the moment I was six I felt sexy. And let me tell you it was hell, sheer hell, waiting to do something about it.
    Bette Davis

Blog Entries

One of the most 'modern' florals I know is The Different Co. 'Jasmine de Nuit'. 'Armani Code' is a good Dept store frag. You might like the new Estee Lauder 'Beautiful Love'. It's more floral but very soft magnolia. Definitely romantic.

Lancôme's Miracle Summer.
    Lancôme's Trésor eau de printemps.
    YSL's Paris Jardins Romantiques (2007 limited ed.)
    L'Occitane Cherry Blossom
    Salvador Dali's PurpleLight

I'm sure some of these will appeal to you (well -i hope! )
    Last edited by castorpollux; 15th April 2007 at 05:59 PM.

Bvlgari "Omnia Crystallline"
    Ralph Lauren "Pure Turquoise"

Both are light and fresh, but with good sillage and staying power.

SJP Lovely - (Ayala recommends the lotion - "Satin something...") Not tres chere and at your nearest friendly....

(Gotta tell you I love your quote!! :bounce
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Quote Originally Posted by Loli View Post
    Mainstream is fine. I don't worry about things such as mainstream. If I like it, I like it.

I would like something modern, sheer, light and romantic. Nothing marine. A soft floral is more like it.

I need some people to point me in the right direction because I really don't shop much in this department. I love florals and orientals, but today a soft floral is in order. Something that says, "come a little closer".

Well, I've been banging on about Lancome's Hypnose in the past couple of days, and I think this would fit the bill nicely. Fruity floral, very soft, with musky undertones, definitely says 'come a little closer', it's quite a sexy and young fragrance I think. Give it a try, it can't hurt!
    --------------------------------------
    PS I would concur with Omnia Crystalline too. I got a tiny bottle of this for layering with Omnia (as part of an experiment in creating a 3rd fragrance - which works by the way), and I love it on its own too. Much lighter than Omnia, and very fresh. It's gorgeous, but doesn't last long on me.
    Last edited by Clemmie; 15th April 2007 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Sheer and modern...hmm...

Marc Jacobs Blush.

Another vote here for Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline.

Plus what about:

Bvlgari Pour Femme
    Vera Wang Sheer Veil (as it's name implies, it's sheer and I find it very modern)

Have fun looking Loli!
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

How about the new Hugo Boss, Femme? It's quite romantic, a white-floral sort... very feminine but still modern. I always get alot of compliments when I wear this one, so "come a little closer" is probably right!

Also, Ralph Lauren Turquoise and Ralph Lauren Romance. Polo Woman is really good too, if you want something sheer, fresh, modern... the Tommy Girl scent is probably nice, too, though very young.

The Vera Wang scents (minus Princess) all also fit the bill. They're super-light, sweet, but still sophisticated and current as well.

And I love the summer edition of J'adore - its alot *cooler* than the original, which is very warm. Actually, the summer editions of alot of scents are probably great if you want sheer/modern scents.

I'll also echo the Issey Miyake

Finally, Noa by Cacharel. Light floral, a little bit seductive, very white/powdery, extremely fresh. Or even if you're not too picky with mainstream scents, you could go for White Musk from The Body Shop!
    If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies.

If the Sage sounds appealing, I'd ask Lucky about a sample even if it isn't listed. They have come through for me each time I enquired. Luscious Cargo also has a sample program for Sage. TDC JdN is gorgeous without being a bit frilly

CdG fragrances have a very modern feel, but are often surprisingly accessible and comfortable. I'd suggest trying Lily (http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detai...3004&section=1), or perhaps even White (http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detai...1603&section=1).

BTW: If you tend to apply heavily, CdG fragrances can be a problem, but if you have a more restrained approach, they are amazing.

Sheer and Modern:

Another vote for the Vera Wang line (minus Princess).

Also Try:

Calvin Klein Euphoria Blossom
    Calvin Klein Eternity Moment
    Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue
    Miss Dior Cherie
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

Between Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline and RL Pure Turquoise, which is more romantic and soft? I can't stand sharp frags such Lovely. It is so sharp to my nose it hurts.lol Narciso Rodriguez is too, just not as sharp.
    I am also concerned with the said staying power of Crystalline.

Thanks to everyone for all of the replies and help.

xoxoxoxo
    Bette Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Loli View Post
    I am also concerned with the said staying power of Crystalline.
    Loli, depending on your skin chemistry, you will probably find that a fresh, modern, sheer soft floral won't have too much staying power anyway...
    Last edited by ozkat; 19th April 2007 at 12:47 AM.

Another vote for Vera Wang Sheer Veil. It is the first thing that came to my mind. Flowery, but grown-up. Modern but not too sweet or fruity. Light and sheer, but sticks around. I would think it would be perfect for that "come closer" moment!
    Last edited by Beebee; 19th April 2007 at 04:59 AM.
    Bel Respiro, I adore you... but my heart belongs to another.

I bought a scent unsniffed, received it today and I'm wearing it. I thought of you and this post as soon as I sprayed it. It's a lovely, sheer floral! It's got a silly name: U. It's Lily Lambert U, and can be purchased at b-glowing.com.
    from b-glowing:http://www.b-glowing.com/product/det...0/cid/48/all/1
    "'U' - A beautiful blend of exotic oils. Captivating notes of pink rose, caramel and egyptian sandalwood. Like a whisper in the wind this feminine and light scent is still mysterious."

Basenotes Institution

Sheer and modern = 3 by Comme de Garcons