Code of Conduct

Default Similar to Moschino Pour Homme

I have a Mini of Moschino Pour Homme and have fallen in love with it, i just love the Woody Smokey drydown. Went out to look for a large bottle but could not find it anywhere, tried eBay and no luck. So is their something that smells like it? I think this is a great fragrance, wonder why it is so hard to find.

Thanks!
    Last edited by incedal; 19th April 2007 at 01:38 AM.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Default Re: Similar to Moschino Pour Homme

Yes, it is great. It's discontinued, and here in the USA, it was never readily available anyway, so when it was discontinued some time late 2005 or early 2006, it disappeared almost immediately. There are some similarities to Antaeus, but Antaeus is not as spicy.

I think your best bet would be Aramis.
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

Quote Originally Posted by incedal View Post
    I have a Mini of Moschino Pour Homme and have fallen in love with it, i just love the Woody Smokey drydown. Went out to look for a large bottle but could not find it anywhere, tried eBay and no luck. So is their something that smells like it? I think this is a great fragrance, wonder why it is so hard to find.

Thanks!
    If you ever come to Moscow I could give it to you. I have like 40 ml left and I don't use it much.

Yes, Moschino pour Homme was or is very distinctive. A very masculine scent. I concur with the descriptions of its woody, smoky and spicy nature, though it is not as smoky or spicy as Bel Ami. I did not notice any citrus in it.

I would say the closest fragrances to this are either Jules by Dior, or Macassar by Rochas. Jules is a bit darker and not as spicy, while Macassar has the same sort of intensity, and woody, though smoother, and not as smoky, but both have that old school vibe that MpH had.

MpH reminded me of kind of an Old World fragrance. Wearing it, I pictured myself in a dark forest in Europe, maybe Romania or somewhere. And I also noticed a nutty note (something it has in common with Jules). Sadly, my bottle went bad. Maybe it had already started to go when I got it.

You might want to give Caron's 3rd Man a try or even Santos as both have smoke and to some degree woody tones in the drydown.

Moschino Pour Homme is actually Bel Ami with musk instead of leather.

I actually retested in yesterday and I didn't like it much

Something about Moschino Pour Homme is just too cloying.
    Cloying not in terms of strong sillage or something like that - it's just the scent itself brings some strangle.

I like Antaues though.