Code of Conduct

Thread: Laguna Homme...

Default Laguna Homme...

is my first disappointing big bottle blind buy. I get this heavy powdery metallic smell on my skin that is nauseating. And very little vanilla or coconut. It is still fresh and cool to the nose but that metallic smell, ugh. I washed it off with soap 4 times and covered it with 3-4 sprays of XS for good measures. Does anyone else pick up this smell on their skin? I did spray too close to my skin though, like 1-2 inches from my wrist, 2-3 sprays. Perhaps I need to mist it onto my skin from further, although I'm really dreading a second testing. Would it smell better in the heat as summer warms up?

Default Re: Laguna Homme...

Hi,
    That's interesting... it shows how tricky it can be to do blind buys!

I happen to really like this stuff, but it's so different from other colognes that I wouldn't recommend it as a blind buy. What I get is a creamy, suntan lotion, summery feel from it. So it could work for you in summer, but I sort of doubt it with the strong negative perceptions you've had.

Though I like it, I also don't really get a direct vanilla vibe from it. If you're really into vanilla there are loads of more overtly vanilla choices.

Quote Originally Posted by NuScent View Post
    is my first disappointing big bottle blind buy. I get this heavy powdery metallic smell on my skin that is nauseating.
    Are you sure you tested laguna pour homme? For me, Laguna is a nice salty vanilla(ey) scent. Light and slightly powdery (really, really slightly powdery).

Laguna is nice. Good summer scent. My wife really dug it, lotsa vanilla.

That said, it can be irritating. I swapped it. There's a zestiness that bugged me. It's kinda like Acqua di Gio meets Pi.

Big blue square bottle that says Laguna? Check. I did get it from a seller on eBay who had partitioned his collection last week. Any chance there are fake Lagunas that you know of?

Laguna is one of my favorite warm weather frags. I don't get anything resembling a metallic note. I doubt that it is a fake but it could have gone-off maybe. I'm with RCavs as far as its character.

Quote Originally Posted by NuScent View Post
    Big blue square bottle that says Laguna? Check. I did get it from a seller on eBay who had partitioned his collection last week. Any chance there are fake Lagunas that you know of?
    Doubtful since it usually be had $20/2.5 Oz from trusted online stores. I was actually thinking of picking up a bottle meself.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Laguna was a big let-down for me too. I gave it a good shot, several wearings over the course of a summer, but I never came around on it. What you are calling "metallic" and what others are calling "salty" I'm calling "no good." There are so many summer-time winners out there though, kicking Laguna out of the sandbox is not such a big deal. And hey - if you have to have a blind buy go wrong, at least it was on something cheap

If you want a summer scent that breaks the status quo (I'm assuming thats why you were checking out Laguna) try to get your hands on Lanvin L'Homme or M7 Fresh. People are raving a lot about Terre d'Hermes these days, but watchout - that has a big dose of minerallic/metallic going on too.

Laguna Homme was a blind buy for me too, and somewhat disappointing.
    It just goes to show that fragrance opinions differ widely. One-time frequent
    poster Millamber used to rave about this stuff, and I respect his many fine reviews.
    I just haven't gotten too excited about this scent, though.

Hopefully it was in inexpensive blind gamble.

trumpet_guy